What's new

The R.I.P. Thread

had a cat a few years later that was a pain in the arse who i used to call Peter Hoare

Excellent, apparently he had a hard time getting around some of Melbourne's more football friendly suburbs for a number of years after the event. I still think he should be put to death for that stunt.

Just listen to that guitar. Absolutely brutal.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UneSZz0ZPmE

I had never heard of the song let alone Killing Joke before (that I know of,) I may have heard one of their songs before, but don't know. I googled the lyrics to the song cause I couldn't understand and they're kinda meh. That said, the song hits beautifully and I downloaded it. The 80s singers had such a vibe to them.then.

I also read the wiki about the guitar player. He seemed to be very unorthodox and was more about melody and pleasing, catchy, clever rifts than soloing. My type of guitarist.

Thanks for sharing.

Excellent, apparently he had a hard time getting around some of Melbourne's more football friendly suburbs for a number of years after the event. I still think he should be put to death for that stunt.

should be tied up in fed square using a goal net and left for the public to take potshots at

I had never heard of the song let alone Killing Joke before (that I know of,) I may have heard one of their songs before, but don't know. I googled the lyrics to the song cause I couldn't understand and they're kinda meh. That said, the song hits beautifully and I downloaded it. The 80s singers had such a vibe to them.then.

I also read the wiki about the guitar player. He seemed to be very unorthodox and was more about melody and pleasing, catchy, clever rifts than soloing. My type of guitarist.

Thanks for sharing.

Interesting, I had never thought about it, but you're right, they definitely don't have the best lyrics. It's just odd that I worship at the feet of guys like Cohen & Cave, but, yeah, sometimes you just want to drive your head through a wall.

If you heard any of their stuff before, it was either this, their biggest hit, or something else off the Night Time album.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnpwuRlXbhk

Weirdly he'd been sober for a few years, I think since he broke his pelvis in like 2015. Hard to imagine him not drinking, that's like imagining him with teeth. Oh, wait...

My local is an Irish pub, id be down there skulling pints of the brown if I wasn't working all ****ing weekend.

I remember Andre Braugher from the movie "Glory" back in 1989. Sad. He was only 61.

Andre will forever be Detective Frank Pembleton to me. Probably one of my favourite ever TV characters and a brilliant performance full of humanity by Braugher who is exceptional in every moment. A really tragic loss.