What's new

The Real Reason KOC should be fired

GoJazz

No not because he allowed Jerry to leave
No not because he traded one of the top 3 pointgaurds

The reason KOC should be fired is because he didnt make another trade after he pawned Deron Williams off. We have a team full of undersized Powerforwards/Centers mixed with streaky (At Best) shooting guards.

How could any self respecting GM put the team we currently have on the floor? He had trade pieces at the deadline. Millsap and Ak were both coveted by multiple teams. Someone would have taken Raja.

egerwvsdpacijs[ohupgyvoeqbdpjnackms'xnjbdohvig

I'm out of words

I'm shoccccccked !!!

KOC, Geeeeeeeeeet Out!!

He sure be fired for the Memo resign which caused the domino of Wes leaving, Bell signing, Deron getting angry, Sloan leaving, Deron getting traded, Raja Bell still starting...

He shouldn't be fired actually. I believe he tried to make another deal and did not get it done. I expect a bit of movement this off season.

This team was not going to be good enough in the foreseeable future and they took a big risk to try and get to the championship in the near future.

This season the Jazz are not going to be that good. But they were not before the trade anyway.

There was no SG on the market worth Millsap. And don't kid yourself AK has no trade value at 18 million this year. If KOC doesn't fix this in the off season though, he does need to be fired.

There was no SG on the market worth Millsap. And don't kid yourself AK has no trade value at 18 million this year. If KOC doesn't fix this in the off season though, he does need to be fired.

I'll agree with this. If they don't solve the problems at the wing spots this off season then he needs to be replaced.

Maybe he was just trying to cut costs and accumulate draft picks ahead of the CBA instead of accumulating more contracts. If the Jazz make the playoffs, then it is a nice bonus. If not, just shrug your shoulders and call it a year. Iam actually surprised that they didnt do a complementary salary dumping move since they got 2-for-1 in Deron's trade. They could end up being a Luxury tax team, a small market one at that, who are probably not going to make it to the playoffs. That would be awful mismanagement if it happened.

This team was not going to be good enough in the foreseeable future and they took a big risk to try and get to the championship in the near future.

Championship, my ***. The management is concerned about just making it to the playoffs at best. And considering the Jazz dont have any franchise player on their team like Deron and most likely not in the next year or two(Favors and the kids need another 2 years at the least and the lottery picks dont mean much), it is unlikely they will make much noise in the playoffs even if they get there.

But the fact that they will be paying luxury tax THIS year speaks of pathetic mismanagement. I cant imagine it happening with Larry Miller, who was stubborn about not going beyond LT unless he was sure that the team would be championship-contending(of course its another issue if the Jazz really intended to be a championship-contender)

good point. No team is looking to get salary off the books.

Sarcasm aside I think that's exactly why the jazz kept him.

Championship, my ***. The management is concerned about just making it to the playoffs at best. And considering the Jazz dont have any franchise player on their team like Deron and most likely not in the next year or two(Favors and the kids need another 2 years at the least and the lottery picks dont mean much), it is unlikely they will make much noise in the playoffs even if they get there.

I said in the future. 2 years is still in the future. With Deron they had 2 years to try and get there and then he was gone. They were not going to be good enough during that stretch. So they made the difficult decision to regress now and hope for the future to be better next time. I see their point of view.

Getting rid of Deron was a huge risk to their pocket book for the next 2 years. They will not be as good and they will probably not sell as many tickets and merchandise during that stretch. It seems completely out of character for this franchise. But I don't think it was the wrong decision. But if money was all they were concerned with then Deron would still be on this team.

But the fact that they will be paying luxury tax THIS year speaks of pathetic mismanagement. I cant imagine it happening with Larry Miller, who was stubborn about not going beyond LT unless he was sure that the team would be championship-contending(of course its another issue if the Jazz really intended to be a championship-contender)

It started with Larry agreeing to that horrible deal for AK. I don't see how they would have avoided the LT without completely blowing this team up. Larry also was still in charge when the reported deal for Marion was on the table that they did not take (thank god).

I said in the future. 2 years is still in the future. With Deron they had 2 years to try and get there and then he was gone. They were not going to be good enough during that stretch. So they made the difficult decision to regress now and hope for the future to be better next time. I see their point of view.

And I dont see it in the near future.
With Deron they had 5 years not 2. With this team it could take even more, who knows? None of the young guys are as good of a finished product as Deron was, as a rookie. And that there is no gaauarntee that they would be able to sign all their rookies either, if in any case one of them blossoms into a star. Also, the player himself can walk out on the Jazz anytime. After all there are more attractive destinations for ayoung NBA star than Utah

It started with Larry agreeing to that horrible deal for AK. I don't see how they would have avoided the LT without completely blowing this team up. Larry also was still in charge when the reported deal for Marion was on the table that they did not take (thank god).

Why "thank god"? They should have taken that deal. Pretty stupid of Miller, if he was really the one who vetoed that trade.

Yes....

I blame Kevin for not making a deal that involved us shipping crap out and receiving an allstar SG in return.

Seriously guys, who would want Bell or CJ? We weren't going to get Gerald Wallace or Wade for CJ and a future draft pick.

He should have been fired for setting the record for destrying a NBA franchise is less than 6 months

He didn't do it in his previous 12 years. Meanwhile, on Greg's watch, the Jazz went from a fringe contender on a hot streak to where we are at now (nice assets moving forward, with a bunch of mismatching pieces and no rock, soul, or living tradition, let alone winning).

And I kind of agree with the OP. But I don't think it would make any sense to go for it right now. Jefferson has come alive and Harris looks nice, but trading everyone that makes more than Millsap for salary relief and picks is how you rebuild.

I know the Jazz are selling everyone on how they're not rebuilding. Which is funny.

Why "thank god"? They should have taken that deal. Pretty stupid of Miller, if he was really the one who vetoed that trade.

Because since Marion left Phoenix he is shooting less than 20% from 3. He would not have resigned here and we would never have been a good team. Marion was not the answer then and not making that deal was still the right move. Just like not signing Mo Pete like you wanted as your answer at SG.