What's new

The Real Reason KOC should be fired

He shouldn't be fired actually. I believe he tried to make another deal and did not get it done. I expect a bit of movement this off season.

This team was not going to be good enough in the foreseeable future and they took a big risk to try and get to the championship in the near future.

This season the Jazz are not going to be that good. But they were not before the trade anyway.

He WAS trying to trade AK. Read the articles; that was the reason behind his original call to NJ. A lot of teams had expirings, but there were few dealt. Why? Because heading into a new CBA, you don't want to take on bad deals. Yeah, I'm sure Detroit would have given us Rip for AK. Wow, that would have been fantastic, right?

KOC was caught between a rock and a hard place. Before Deron was dealt, there was no way he could trade CJ or Millsap. Those are Deron's BFF's. Remember the heat he took from DWill for trading Ronnie B., even though there was ZERO chance of re-signing him (had he not been injured). The DWill trade came down late. I'm sure KOC made a few calls after that, but it generally takes days to put deals together. Besides, once the Jazz got rid of Williams, I'm sure offers coming in were at "fire-sale" prices, thinking the Jazz had gone into a full dump mode.

I agree with gregbroncs. It's likely KOC has already started discussing possible wing acquisitions. Remember, he began the Jefferson talks before the last trading deadline. What will impact trade discussions is the CBA and where the Jazz draft. Get a #6 and the Jazz might be willing to trade it. If it moves up to a #3, maybe the Jazz keep it. And if the Jazz miss the playoffs, that second lottery pick probably becomes a chip to use.

However, and Kenwood can correct me if I'm wrong, since we already traded our 2011 first rounder (subject to protection), I think a player would need to be selected and then the Jazz could trade the rights to that player. I don't think we could have traded away the Nets pick even had a great veteran been on the market.

Why "thank god"? They should have taken that deal. Pretty stupid of Miller, if he was really the one who vetoed that trade.

Agree. It was not about getting Marion. It was all about getting out of a MAX deal a year earlier. Boozer would have been allowed to walk, but the Jazz MIGHT have kept Matthews. My hunch is that they wouldn't have; Portland's offer was pretty hefty for a mid-level SG. In that case, maybe Utah would have kept Korver. But then we'd still have CJ as the starting SF without AK.

All in all, what has happened has been a decent scenario for Utah. The old core was never going to challenge for a title. Jefferson is a very good player. Favors has a chance to develop into something very special. WE have a couple of lottery picks coming up. My guess is KOC tries to use the picks to get solid veterans. There is enough youth to develop with Favors and Hayward.

KOC rebuilt quickly after Stockton and Malone. That team got to the conference finals, but we learned there were some fatal flaws. Now that team has been dismantled and a rebuild started again. And I'd be surprised if the Jazz aren't at least a .500 team next year. That's pretty good. Rebuild twice and only have one terrible season (and that due to injuries).

He didn't do it in his previous 12 years. Meanwhile, on Greg's watch, the Jazz went from a fringe contender on a hot streak to where we are at now (nice assets moving forward, with a bunch of mismatching pieces and no rock, soul, or living tradition, let alone winning).

So you were satisfied with just making the playoffs and knowing we would make the second round at best?

There was no way our team with Deron would have improved in these next two years. To get what we did for Deron was a hell of a deal for us, no way we would have gotten as much if we waited.

Me personally, I'm glad our management finally took a risk instead of being the same predictable franchise that was saitisfied with making the playoffs as a 5 seed.

The thing that made me the most upset about the Williams trade was that he didn't include either Bell or Memo. Jazz trade Dwill Memo for Harris, Favors, Stephen Gram (who we would of waived) plus the 2 picks and 3 million and also include Sasha V for his expng contract or Morrows for the future. It works on the espn trade machine. Seriously Utah your trading the top point guard in the. And how bad does New Jersey want there star for 2012?

Just makes me sad that they didn't pull the trigger on that. And it was rumored that they would move Brook Lopez. Dang I would of loved Lopez at the 5 and Jefferson at 4. Now that would of been a hugh Line up. Plus Lopez has a great jump shot!

But all in all, I love the trade, as long as our pick turns into Harrison Barns next year. We already have the rights to Tomic and Fez isn't that bad for the 5 minutes we need him!

So you were satisfied with just making the playoffs and knowing we would make the second round at best?

and you knew exactly what round we were going to reach even before it happened. amazing.

There was no way our team with Deron would have improved in these next two years.

another bold prediction. now that Deron is gone there is no way it fails. brilliant. please, more!

Why "thank god"? They should have taken that deal. Pretty stupid of Miller, if he was really the one who vetoed that trade.

Have you ever watched Marion shoot? It might go in, but it's incredibly ugly. Watching him play is worse than watching Roseanne Barr act... or whatever that is she claims to be doing.

and you knew exactly what round we were going to reach even before it happened. amazing.

another bold prediction. now that Deron is gone there is no way it fails. brilliant. please, more!

You honestly think there is a chance we would have made it past the second round in the next two years?

What, realistically, could we have done to improve enough to convince Deron to stay? Please, enlighten me.

The thing that made me the most upset about the Williams trade was that he didn't include either Bell or Memo. Jazz trade Dwill Memo for Harris, Favors, Stephen Gram (who we would of waived) plus the 2 picks and 3 million and also include Sasha V for his expng contract or Morrows for the future. It works on the espn trade machine. Seriously Utah your trading the top point guard in the. And how bad does New Jersey want there star for 2012?

Just makes me sad that they didn't pull the trigger on that. And it was rumored that they would move Brook Lopez. Dang I would of loved Lopez at the 5 and Jefferson at 4. Now that would of been a hugh Line up. Plus Lopez has a great jump shot!

But all in all, I love the trade, as long as our pick turns into Harrison Barns next year. We already have the rights to Tomic and Fez isn't that bad for the 5 minutes we need him!

I wouldn't hold my breath on Tomic. I think more than likely we will never see him in a jazz uniform. Favors should be the guy we look at as our center of the future.

There was no way our team with Deron would have improved in these next two years. To get what we did for Deron was a hell of a deal for us, no way we would have gotten as much if we waited.

Me personally, I'm glad our management finally took a risk instead of being the same predictable franchise that was saitisfied with making the playoffs as a 5 seed.

Likewise - I am glad our management finally took a risk at getting a championship caliber team down the road instead of be content to just make the playoffs every year.

Wait, what did we get? We're still in the same position we were with Williams...losing. And without any capable wings. Which is, Im sure, what Williams wanted. Wing players that can shoot.

Likewise - I am glad our management finally took a risk at getting a championship caliber team down the road instead of be content to just make the playoffs every year.

Championship caliber team? You myopic fool.

Gotta break some eggs if you wanna make an omelet.

No not because he allowed Jerry to leave
No not because he traded one of the top 3 pointgaurds

The reason KOC should be fired is because he didnt make another trade after he pawned Deron Williams off. We have a team full of undersized Powerforwards/Centers mixed with streaky (At Best) shooting guards.

How could any self respecting GM put the team we currently have on the floor? He had trade pieces at the deadline. Millsap and Ak were both coveted by multiple teams. Someone would have taken Raja.

Man, you are dumb.

Please stop posting.

Anyone that thinks the Jazz are closer to a championship now than they were at the start of the season is a fool. Seriously, the current Nets team might be better than the current Jazz team.

Anyone that thinks the Jazz are closer to a championship now than they were at the start of the season is a fool. Seriously, the current Nets team might be better than the current Jazz team.

Just to get this straight. You believe this team was on the right path for a title? Really?

They may be farther talent wise right now from a title. However they are closer time wise to a chance at a title than they were before.

Wait, what did we get? We're still in the same position we were with Williams...losing. And without any capable wings. Which is, Im sure, what Williams wanted. Wing players that can shoot.QUOTE]

What we got is a 19 year old man-child who has as much potential as any player we've ever had. Building around Williams didn't work. We had no chance to improve this team enough in the next 2 years to keep Deron, so why not roll the dice? As we are now, our team has a much higher celing in the future. There is excitement to see what this team along with a couple more lottery picks can do.