What's new

The Return -- Celtics @ Jazz 11/9/2019 7:30 pm MST ESPN

I wonder if Hayward hopes they’d lose tonight... since he wasn’t out there in the clutch.

“Hey Marcus,

Gordon was hoping you’d lose last night.”

DqZureMVAAERN1M.jpg
This pic with "hayward in crunch time" over it.

Hello everyone, I truly come in peace and wish the Jazz best of luck.

Few thoughts
- Not really a "Return" for Hayward other than he may physically be in the building playing as 4th option
- Hayward always starts slow, put that on top of returning from broken leg, he looks like crap now
- Keep in mind PG 13 looked like dog crap for 1 year after his broken leg. Hayward on same path.
- This will be a bad year for Hayward
- When Hayward is 100% next year, that will be a more fun"return" game for Jazz fans

- Celtics are Kyrie's team, he is a stud but he is not playing tonight due to planned absence for family
- Scary Terry will play well as he is playing for his RFA year
- Tatum is in Sophomore slump

- Mitchell is beyond awesome. You have a treasure. And yes, he is waaaay ahead of where Hayward was at his age.
- Mitchell also has one of the top personalities is the league, he is special. He will be way better than Hayward if that is the comparison

- From an NBA perspective, guaranteed contracts are rough
- Celtics lose 1.5 years from Hayward (year1 - out, year 2- 60% of what he was)
- After year 3, Hayward can opt out
- I am all for the players but man Boston got pooched

- I genuinely think next years FINALS will be Jazz vs. Celtics (not this season)
- That will be fun.

Best of luck and I just hope both teams stay healthy.

I root for the Jazz in the West, I am sick sick sick of GS and now the Lakers with Bron and Ball.

Best of luck tonight and enjoy abusing Hayward :)

The funniest to me would be to chant "Wet----Willlllliiiie"
Even as a Hayward fan that moment where he backed down is embarassing

Few thoughts
- Not really a "Return" for Hayward other than he may physically be in the building playing as 4th option
- Hayward always starts slow, put that on top of returning from broken leg, he looks like crap now
- Keep in mind PG 13 looked like dog crap for 1 year after his broken leg. Hayward on same path.
- When Hayward is 100% next year, that will be a more fun"return" game for Jazz fans

- Celtics are Kyrie's team, he is a stud but he is not playing tonight due to planned absence for family

- Mitchell is beyond awesome. You have a treasure. And yes, he is waaaay ahead of where Hayward was at his age.
- Mitchell also has one of the top personalities is the league, he is special. He will be way better than Hayward if that is the comparison

- I genuinely think next years FINALS will be Jazz vs. Celtics (not this season)
- That will be fun.

I root for the Jazz in the West, I am sick sick sick of GS and now the Lakers with Bron and Ball.

I want to like you...... but you are a Celtics fan so.... Go. Straight. To. Hell.

9.9. That is how many points Gordon is averaging... it requires rounding to get him to double digits.

Few thoughts

- That will be fun.

Didn't even read past your username. You can **** right off...

I want to like you...... but you are a Celtics fan so.... Go. Straight. To. Hell.
He's not even a Celtics fan... he's a Haywood stan. He used to post here until his beloved Haywood became persona non grata around here and then he started trolling the forum because we didn't grovel in the feet of Haywood after his antics on the way out.

Few thoughts

- That will be fun.

Pretty decent analysis. Thank you for your kind words about Donovan.

Unfortunately for Celtic fans, I think this era of the Celtics will go down as one of the biggest wasted opportunities in history of pro sports. Here is why I think that:
- Tons of cap space, epic numbers of good picks and a marquee franchise to attract talent.
- You traded for an injury prone Kyrie and signed an underwhelming Hayward to the max. I think both players are good, but I would never hitch my wagon to either guy as the leader of a contender.
- The Celtics drafted well with Tatum, Brown and Rozier, but there is a log jam in terms of playing time which means lesser development and eventually unhappy players.
- Last season and this season seem to be the best time to strike in the East. It obviously didn't happen last year, and I have a feeling it won't happen this year due to the lack of that needed alpha and the lack of development.
- By the time the younger players are ready, the older players (Horford, Kyrie and Hayward) might either have aged too much or are out of contract. Morris and Kyrie could leave this summer already.
- The Sacramento and Memphis picks are looking weaker by the moment when they should have been dealt for a Jimmy Butler, Kawhi, or other asset sooner.
- If Boston keeps the older guys (Kyrie, Horford, Hayward and Morris), they will have to let guys like Rozier and Brown go or risk an unhappy locker room.
- I think the Bucks, Sixers and Knicks (if they get Durant) will go right past Boston in the coming years.

Two years ago, most would have said that Boston is on the cusp of a dynasty. In reality, I think they missed golden opportunities because they were too stingy with their assets.

Good news is Kyrie played 43 minutes last night. The bad news is he scored 39 points.

Jazz defense against pgs has been rough so far this season.

S4ARZ36GXNACJEXBF3KYL5RRRA.JPG

Jae: You need to increase the shutter speed so you get the perfect photo of me dunking on Hayward.
123015celticsjw18.jpg

Kobe: I will NEVER respect you in that stupid uniform.
Jae: I don't blame you.

2015-04-15T021329Z_951279470_NOCID_RTRMADP_3_NBA-TORONTO-RAPTORS-AT-BOSTON-CELTICS.jpg

The wonderful moment Crowder learned he was being traded from the Celtics....

young_jae_crowder.jpg

More swag than Hayward.

He's not even a Celtics fan... he's a Haywood stan. He used to post here until his beloved Haywood became persona non grata around here and then he started trolling the forum because we didn't grovel in the feet of Haywood after his antics on the way out.

Thank you... I take back what I said... I no longer want to like you @ijazz