What's new

The Return -- Celtics @ Jazz 11/9/2019 7:30 pm MST ESPN

A. Rubio
B. Exum

I'll take C: Someone else.

Really what the Jazz need is the equivalent of Fisher to Kobe. Mitchell is the playmaker. You want the ball in his hands most of the time. The other guard should be a competent ball handler who can bring it up the court to give Mitchell a breather and a knockdown 3Pt shooter. I don't think Dante develops into this type of player. Rubio has at least shown flashes of being a decent 3PT shooter. And that's why he gets the benefit of the doubt from Quin.

Could Grayson develop into Spida's sidekick? We know he can handle the ball. He can shoot. It all depends on his defense.

I agree @Jack Strop

I'm not sold that Exum is that guy for the long term. I have more faith in him than Rubio, but I just feel that Rubio just is who he is which isn't enough. He is above average everywhere except shooting where he is average at best. Grayson is probably a first off the bench combo wing at his best.

I got blasted for it, but I think a guy like Rozier is attainable and fits the bill. He is not a great passer, but he is a great defender and cannot be left open. You simply cannot leave Rozier open which gives us so much space everywhere else.

I like Brogdon and a few others, but Rozier seems to have the higher ceiling while also a move Mitchell loves.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Oops, double post.

Why are we limiting ourselves to PG's who may be available? What if we got Middleton and moved Mitchell over to the 1? Really, once the ball passes midcourt, it's Donovan who should have it in his hands most of the time. But if Jazz go PG, I do like Rozier.

If I were a betting man, I'd count on the Jazz re-signing Rubio, though. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him lose minutes over the length of his deal as the Jazz transition to someone else. Who that is, I don't know. But I don't think it's going to be Dante.

Last edited:
You are probably right.

Rubio is better than no Rubio but the presence of Rubio keeps us too complacent to take a chance on a Rubio upgrade. I would rather gamble on Rozier in restricted free agency and hope he improves us rather than keeping Rubio who I believe is not a title contending starter.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I want him to play as a player drafted as high as he was, sadly he was a wasted pick

dante exum didn't play much because he sucks vs set defenses. He needs to be in transition running through lanes to the basket. He doesn't spread the opposing team defenses and he was having poor defensive mental lapses.

Exum is still not a starting PG in this league, but he can keep improving, but there is a very good reason snyder didn't play him much.

Play him much.....

As in 2 minutes 47 much?

actually statistically exum is below rubio on defense. Both of them are very meh, rubio is like a C/C-, and exum is like a c-/d. Also rubio gives snyder some semblance of floor spacing while exum gives them none.

Yamers this is a bit misleading.
Sure Dante is still not great with switching and positioning at times, but he is wayyyyyyyyyy better at staying infront or connected to his direct opponent.

Unfortunately, Dante is one of the few defenders that probably is done a disservice by the switching defenses of today.

Oops, double post.

Why are we limiting ourselves to PG's who may be available? What if we got Middleton and moved Mitchell over to the 1? Really, once the ball passes midcourt, it's Donovan who should have it in his hands most of the time. But if Jazz go PG, I do like Rozier.

If I were a betting man, I'd count on the Jazz re-signing Rubio, though. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him lose minutes over the length of his deal as the Jazz transition to someone else. Who that is, I don't know. But I don't think it's going to be Dante.

I think there must be a disagreement between the FO and Coaches on Dante.
People like you sound like Quin to me. Wouldn't have re-signed him for anything like 11 mill/per.

But someone decided to.

Exum currrently has 1 move, drive to the basket.

This is my biggest issue with him. I was excited when he developed that aggressiveness for this move. But then that's all he has done. If teams take that away he doesn't seem to have another option. I still have hope for him but less than I used to.

That said, the Jazz must be seeing more in him to offer him the contract they did.

Dante haters are full of *****, that is what it is.
Who here is a hater? No one doesn't WANT to see Dante succeed. It's just that we don't think he's as close to being a star (or even starter) as you do. And we don't think that Quin Snyder has it in for Dante like you do.

But for what it's worth I've been impressed with him so far this season. He's been better than I expected. I hope he continues to improve.

Oops, double post.

There’s no way the Bucks are trading Middleton unless it’s for a clear upgrade. People need to stop it with this pipe dream.

"Engorged On Unborn Gore, post: 1669072, member: 4455"]Please make a comprehensive list of the facts that you stated.[/QUOTE]
Dante is better than Rubio
Quin has double standards
Rubio will get an extension and it will be terrible for jazz cause he's only going to get slower.
Dante is the athlete the jazz has
I have more but that's enough. I'm just happy the jazz won