What's new

The Return -- Celtics @ Jazz 11/9/2019 7:30 pm MST ESPN

@MVP Rubio had a stretch in the 2nd quarter when he had two bad turnovers and 2 bricks. And he didn't have an assist.

Yes, Rubio was clutch last night at times but he was dreadful at times too. Exum was bad in his 3 minutes, but it was only 3 minutes.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
In the interest of accuracy i have to say that the only quarter Ricky had 2 turnovers in was the 1st and the only quarter he missed >1 shot in was the 4th.

Rubio is so overrated by quin. He plays over 30 mins a game. It shouldn't be to hard for him cause quin would have lots of plays that are run for him. So Rubio knows where the others will be at all times on the court. But he still turns the ball over all the time. He's not fast, he can't stay in front of opposition guards, he can steal the ball, he can't shoot. He can assist the ball when he's not turning it over. On the other hand Dante wouldn't have many plays run for him. Just let him play attack. Don't make him stand in the corner that's not his strength. Just give him freedom and tell him to attack. The problem he was attacking really well but the last couple of games all of sudden he stands in the corner. Thats coming from quin. He plays less than 15 mins a game. Give the kid a chance to play 30 mins and see what u got. He's an athletic freak. Before u sign Rubio to 3 years 60 million which I will tell u he will get slower each year. Can u imagine Rubio in 2 years how slow he will be. Take a look at Dante and give him a chance to play. Not stand in the corner. I mean tell him to attack and run plays for him!!! Play with freedom and don't take him out after 1 turnover!!!

Could not agree more. The way snyder has treated Dante in the last few years is nothing short of a disgrace. He would have averaged 20 points a game this season right now if he has been given 30 minutes a night like Mitchell.

I said a few months ago that Dante should not resign a new contract with the jazz becuase snyder would treat him like an idiot and restrict his playing time. This is what is happening right now.

Getting 10 millions a year is good, but if I were you Dante I would ask for a trade. Go to another nba team who value your ability
and give you ample playing time which allow you to develop as a player. Putting up with snyder's nonsenses and sitting in his dog house is not going to help your basketball career. Snyder is not going to change the way he treats you. ASK FOR A TRADE RIGHT NOW!

You Exum's homers are oblivious to the fact that he spend 4 years in NBA and still can't run half court offence. He is ok in run and gun fast paced game only. Teams like Boston who slows you down and make you run half court offense is a nightmare for Exum and thank goodness for Rubio last night who with his ****** shot is still 100X better playmaker than Exum is.
Why do you think he is ok at fast paced games when he’s not even fast in your words?

I have not watch all the game yet, but nobody has mentioned this. Could it be that Exum is not that familiar with zone defenses, or his strength is beating man to man defenses?

Because in the open court there are driving lanes for him to get to the hoop. He can't really do anything else so he's hurt badly by playing against set defenses.
That's quin's fault cause he doesn't have any plays run for Dante in the half court.

Could not agree more. The way snyder has treated Dante in the last few years is nothing short of a disgrace. He would have averaged 20 points a game this season right now if he has been given 30 minutes a night like Mitchell.

lolololol ok So .. what high school are you starting at next year ??

Reactions: MVP
My fear is that we overpay Rubio this summer. To me, he is like Favors - great guy, good player, but not the best fit considering our other personnel. He is at his peak and his peak isn't all that high.

It's sad when you think about it, but Ingles doesn't have too much longer playing as well as he is. Gobert is about at his peak too. So is Crowder. So is Favors. If we pay Rubio a big deal like Favors and not add another truly great starter, we are gonna have to reload before long. We have 5 players in their prime and we are not contenders.

For those reasons, I think we have to play Exum more in the hopes he becomes something better than Rubio at his peak. I agree that he has struggled, but he still needs to play.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

So snyder can"t keep playing Exum who is shooting 41%/29 %, but he can keep playing mitchell who is shooting a Similar 43%/31 % 36 minutes a game ? The double standard displayed by snyder is simply appalling..
Not to mention Dante is a better defender and play maker than mitchell.
The only way Exum can salvage his career is go and play for another team.

Yep and Jazz screwed up Trey Burke also. Looks how good he is now playing for the Knicks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figure what out?
You do realize he is trying to mould himself to what Quin wants and feels the team needs.

Stay infront of the oppositions fastest guard when he is on the court. Use his speed as a change up to collapse the defense or get to the rim. Otherwise stand around and look as if he wants to take an open shot.

He has been doing ok.
Do you expect him to be someone else in this system? It would only be fair to hope he was a bit more efficient. But he is what he is (as Q sees him).

I want him to play as a player drafted as high as he was, sadly he was a wasted pick

dante exum didn't play much because he sucks vs set defenses. He needs to be in transition running through lanes to the basket. He doesn't spread the opposing team defenses and he was having poor defensive mental lapses.

Exum is still not a starting PG in this league, but he can keep improving, but there is a very good reason snyder didn't play him much.

Yep and Jazz screwed up Trey Burke also. Looks how good he is now playing for the Knicks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is this sarcasm? I truly can't tell. When you start game planning with defense, you can't have an abysmal defender at the point!

trey burke is now a 3rd string PG on the NY knicks. hes been burried on the bench behind frank and now mudiay

Why do you think he is ok at fast paced games when he’s not even fast in your words?

Because there is less structure. There is less thinking and IQ needed ( which Exum badly lacks). Games like vs Houston when you just run and take first shot available are great for players like Exum. Games when you need to execute and direct offense in half court is too mentally challenging for him.

. He would have averaged 20 points a game this season right now if he has been given 30 minutes a night like Mitchell.

giphy.gif

Where are these all new delusional Exum homers coming from? Mods can you check their I.P.s please? They all sound like clones of thleikheen or whatever his name was...

Because there is less structure. There is less thinking and IQ needed ( which Exum badly lacks). Games like vs Houston when you just run and take first shot available are great for players like Exum. Games when you need to execute and direct offense in half court is too mentally challenging for him.

just like mitchell and Dubio who are both rubbish.
Look at their low shooting % this season. They also
suck in defence.

This is funny. When people say exum can't play half court or run a team. Dante never had a chance to. If quin would run plays for him the other players would know where to stand and then bingo. Rubio has it easy he has plays run for him all the time. I'm telling everyone Rubio maybe next year or 2 years will be so slow it will be painful to watch. But the jazz will still sign him to a new contract cause quin likes players that played the way he played the game slow no athleticism. The way he's treated Dante has been disgraceful. Part of a coaches job is to be a motivator. He doesn't motivate him he puts him down all the time. Another thing someone said about Dante doesn't spread the floor hello why is Rubio on then.

trey burke is now a 3rd string PG on the NY knicks. hes been burried on the bench behind frank and now mudiay

Trey burke has improved alot since he left utah.
Kanter and Lyles have also prospered since
joining other teams. Snyder is a bad coach, full
stop.

Trey burke has improved alot since he left utah.
Kanter and Lyles have also prospered since
joining other teams. Snyder is a bad coach, full
stop.

Trey Burke a huge negative on defense and a not a very efficient scorer.
Enes kanter gets his stats and gets the L, he's a traffic cone on defense. It doesn't take long to see how much knicks fans despise his defensive effort, just twitter, kanter defense. You got about a thousand tweets of knicks fans sick of kanter.
don't even start with lyles...lol. Jazz traded lyles for a BETTER PLAYER.....give me a break.

oh and btw trey burke is now a 3rd stringer on the ny knicks, fitzdale has put em away on the bench. He gets no more playing time.