What's new

The Return -- Celtics @ Jazz 11/9/2019 7:30 pm MST ESPN

On The Jump both Richard Jefferson and Scottie Pippen think we'll give him a standing ovation lol. Oh boi

Rationalize it all you want, what Gordon Hayward did to the franchise was crappy. Even the most naive people should be able to see that he was leaving for Boston probably the whole time. I don't blame him for signing with Charlotte as soon as he got a chance because we didn't sign him before free agency started. Our indecision pushed him to do that but he never hesitated it seemed. As soon as he started to get closer to unrestricted free agency, he said all the garbage that a guy staying would say but of course he left. His theatrics the day of his leaving were simply pathetic. A weak play by a weak man.

Maybe I was the only one to see through his false loyalty, but I doubt it. I don't live in the world of "should haves", but we should have traded him a long time before he just left.

Boo his ***

The Kyle Lowry stuff threw some new salt in the wound for me. If we had that lined up then opted to wait for Hayward to decide and to do the Ricky deal that is really ******. Who knows how real or complete it was... but mother eff... if you swapped Ricky for Kyle we'd be as close to a contender as anyone imo.

I didn't think we had serious contingency plans that were screwed up... once we did the Ricky deal we were pretty locked in cap wise. Sucks when you go all in and you lose.

The other part... Gordon doesn't get the benefit of DM saving us. If DM wasn't amazing the franchise would be in a world of hurt right now... likely looking at an end of lotto treadmill or a complete tear down rebuild.

The Kyle Lowry stuff threw some new salt in the wound for me. If we had that lined up then opted to wait for Hayward to decide and to do the Ricky deal that is really ******. Who knows how real or complete it was... but mother eff... if you swapped Ricky for Kyle we'd be as close to a contender as anyone imo.

I didn't think we had serious contingency plans that were screwed up... once we did the Ricky deal we were pretty locked in cap wise. Sucks when you go all in and you lose.

The other part... Gordon doesn't get the benefit of DM saving us. If DM wasn't amazing the franchise would be in a world of hurt right now... likely looking at an end of lotto treadmill or a complete tear down rebuild.
If it helps, the Lowry thing is most likely a fabrication/smoke screen of some sort. The best offer we could make for him was about 22M a year, while he got 33 from Toronto... So unless you think he would come to Utah for 10-12M less than he would make in TOR... it probably was never going to happen.

Last edited:
If it helps, the Lowry thing is most likely a fabrication/smoke screen of some sort. The best offer we could make for him was about 22M a year, while he got 33 from Toronto... So unless you think he would come to Utah for 10-12M less than he would make in TOR... it probably was never going to happen.

Please delete this and tell me tomorrow... I need all the hate to flow through me tonight. I will be more willing to accept reason then. TIA

No, it was a legitimate thing.

We should really show Hayward that we don't give a shi* about him no more. By doing too much, will show him we are still butt hurt ...

And who knows, the Lowry thing might have involved trading Mitchell in a S&T thing (that's me speculating). When I was told about it, all that was said that their was mutual interest if Hayward stayed. Since there wasnt the cap-space, I would assume some kind of deal.

We should really show Hayward that we don't give a shi* about him no more. By doing too much, will show him we are still butt hurt ...
Unless Hayward is completely internet illiterate he can pretty easily see how butthurt a lot of fans still are.

Hayward sees himself as a perennial All Star. He wants the stardom. Moving east was supposed to help him make more All Star appearances, get easier match-ups in the early rounds of the playoffs, and get more national TV coverage. With his injury last year, unfortunately, he's not that guy right now.

The other thing is that Utah's whole offensive system was built around featuring Hayward, and running the pick-and-roll between Hayward and Gobert. In Brad Stevens' system of interchangeable players, Hayward wasn't going to be featured the same way. Also, without Rudy giving him screen assists, his numbers and efficiency were bound to drop. In other words, I'm not sure he was going to be the same All Star and max contract-caliber player in Boston, even before his injury. The Jazz would be better if we had him for sure, but I'm not sure we'd be legit contenders with Hayward on a max deal. Maybe we would. I guess we'll never know.

And who knows, the Lowry thing might have involved trading Mitchell in a S&T thing (that's me speculating). When I was told about it, all that was said that their was mutual interest if Hayward stayed. Since there wasnt the cap-space, I would assume some kind of deal.
Yeah, if it was some sort of SnT it works, but otherwise we would have needed to renounce Haywood and find some team to dump Burks to in order to come close to what TOR offered.

The way I heard it was he would come potentially if Hayward was gone... but I may have heard it from the SLC dunk guys... which is not the most reliable source for accuracy on those matters.

I doubt DM would have been involved. Could have been a sign and trade. We may have had a move T'd up to clear some space or could have done the Millsap/Gallo dance and sent a first with some salary fodder.

IDK it seems like anything from a sure fire deal... but today I will be salty about it and forget all about it tomorrow.