What's new

The Ringer VIDEO - teh Jazzz r gud

I'd speculate that some of those games were the early games where teams were straight up mugging out shooters and were having success with it. They got called for more fouls, but they were able to wreck our rotations.

The Jazz seem to have adjusted from that, especially in second halves. We just use our defense to stay close (our defense has improved VASTLY from those first few games) and run them through a gauntlet of screens until they burn out from the expended effort and we bury them in the 3rd.

It is amazing how often that same movie has played this month when teams try to body us.
It’s also amazing that we really haven’t all clicked at the same time yet... and we are 20-5. Bogey struggled hard early and Mike was great... DM struggled a bit too. Now Bogey has turned the corner and Mike is out. It feels like if we can somehow have the main dudes healthy it could get ****ing ugly for opposing teams. Top to bottom every guy is playing better defense than last year... including Rudy.

I don’t want the national media on our dick... we only ride with the die hards.

It’s also amazing that we really haven’t all clicked at the same time yet... and we are 20-5. Bogey struggled hard early and Mike was great... DM struggled a bit too. Now Bogey has turned the corner and Mike is out. It feels like if we can somehow have the main dudes healthy it could get ****ing ugly for opposing teams. Top to bottom every guy is playing better defense than last year... including Rudy.

Going back to my defense thread... the defense has been interesting. We've really got the team D thing down. There's been nobody who looks bad. I mean maybe on a possession but it's usually because of a blown rotation, but everyone has looked good.

What I like about this is we are poised to really hit our stride for the last dozen games of the year or so and the playoffs. This team, playing as we are, firing on all 10 cylinders, will be nothing short of amazing to watch. It's gonna get real, and fun, and real fun!

I mean how many other teams have legitimately 4 guys that can go for 20 to 30 on any given night, and another 2 who are fringe 20-pt guys. And have 5 guys shooting above or near 40% from 3, seven guys above 36% from 3 realistically. And the best defensive player in the league anchoring it all. And a budding superstar showing the ability to take over games as needed. This is the most complete team we have had in a long long time and, I would argue, the most complete team in the league right now. We don't have the star-power, but we don't have as many weaknesses as many of the star-powered teams do, and the one glaring weakness we have we are showing we can solve by committee. Right now the ceiling of this Jazz team is dictated entirely by their effort. The pieces are all in place, it is just a matter of QS keeping his team engaged and playing with aggression. We do that and there won't be much standing in our way. I predict at least 2 more double-digit win streaks in our future, unless we lose too much to injury or we have a stretch where we lose focus. But if we stay focused this is the dream season.

Holy **** this is so much fun!!!

I predict at least 2 more double-digit win streaks in our future, unless we lose too much to injury or we have a stretch where we lose focus. But if we stay focused this is the dream season.
Here's to now. If we could get all three of those LA games, that would be huge.

Going back to my defense thread... the defense has been interesting. We've really got the team D thing down. There's been nobody who looks bad. I mean maybe on a possession but it's usually because of a blown rotation, but everyone has looked good.
This year’s team looks like a totally different team from last year in all facets of the game. If that ain’t the winning argument for Quin getting COTY (assuming this trend holds), I’m not sure what the winning argument for anyone would be.

This year’s team looks like a totally different team from last year in all facets of the game. If that ain’t the winning argument for Quin getting COTY (assuming this trend holds), I’m not sure what the winning argument for anyone would be.
The winning argument is it is good for the league for the Warriors to be relevant again, and they are, as Steph is playing at an MVP level, so I imagine Kerr will get COY this year.