What's new

The rookie

Yet again the jazz got a 2nd round pick who will turn out to be more of a player then the first rounder. Hayward looks awful and how can anyone not see that. This evans kid tho has the potential to b a good one

Yet again the jazz got a 2nd round pick who will turn out to be more of a player then the first rounder. Hayward looks awful and how can anyone not see that. This evans kid tho has the potential to b a good one

a) You've obviously haven't watched the Jazz games if you think Hayward has been awful. b) Don't know anything about basketball. or c) You're related to both Yell_42 and beantown.

a) You've obviously haven't watched the Jazz games if you think Hayward has been awful. b) Don't know anything about basketball. or c) You're related to both Yell_42 and beantown.

At this point based NColorado's repeated posts bashing Hayward. B is almost certainly true. C remains possible. D (Hayward stole his girlfriend) is certainly true.

yet again, the Jazz pick a 2nd rounder that might turn out to be better than 80% of all first round picks.

I think you're absolutely right. But I'm going to give Hayward 4 games just to be sure.

You're actually this close to pushing the BUST button? You're going to give him 7 regular season games? I hope I'm missing some sarcasm.

Honestly. Apparently, if Hayward doesn't carry every game on his shoulders he is a bust. Both our draft picks are doing just fine.

You're actually this close to pushing the BUST button? You're going to give him 7 regular season games? I hope I'm missing some sarcasm.

It's a proven fact if a guy sucks after 3 games there's no chance for improvement. In a perfect world, 1st Round Picks should be signed to 5 Day Non Guaranteed Contracts. Sink or Swim. I hear bubbles.

How many times are you going to post this same, tired anti Hayward BS?

I absolutely hated the Hayward pick, and unlike some on this board I don't think he's played particularly well in the first 3 games. He looks scared, timid and lost. However, he is a rookie and I didn't expect to much. I will say this I thought he would really struggle on defense and he has. His defense is hit or miss, but he's looks like he might be a player in two or three years. I mean Crymelo came in and dunked on the poor kid to start the game and took him to the hole on the very next play. However, Hayward did battle back. I liked that about him.

I will say this much, Deron does not like the fact the rookie is getting so much burn. I think Deron's outburst was his frustration that the rookie was playing so much. No inside information, just a hunch. The OKC game was just about right. Play him 5 to 10 minutes a game to see if he can find his shot and confidence. If he can't send him to the D league for a spell.

I absolutely hated the Hayward pick, and unlike some on this board I don't think he's played particularly well in the first 3 games. He looks scared, timid and lost. However, he is a rookie and I didn't expect to much. I will say this I thought he would really struggle on defense and he has. His defense is hit or miss, but he's looks like he might be a player in two or three years. I mean Crymelo came in and dunked on the poor kid to start the game and took him to the hole on the very next play. However, Hayward did battle back. I liked that about him.

I will say this much, Deron does not like the fact the rookie is getting so much burn. I think Deron's outburst was his frustration that the rookie was playing so much. No inside information, just a hunch. The OKC game was just about right. Play him 5 to 10 minutes a game to see if he can find his shot and confidence. If he can't send him to the D league for a spell.

You and ncoloradojazz should go bowling.

lol. I can't decide which post is more worthless, this one or the ohpee. Deron doesn't like the fact that the rookie is getting so much burn? Oh man.

twenty two

Do you have a theory of why Deron yelled at Hayward for not running through on the fast brake? I don't like the idea of Hayward playing over AK, CJ or Bell. I don't think Deron does either and if that makes my post worthless then so be it.

I did not call Hayward's play atrocious, because he has not been that bad. Now he has not been good either.

Deron is obviously jealous. As a rookie 3rd pick, Williams only averaged 29 mins/per and started 47 games.

Hayward, the squeaky clean white boy, is playing way more as the 9th pick, averaging 20 mins/per. Oh wait 20<<<29 and it's likely Hayward only got that many minutes in the first two games because CJ played so poorly and was in foul trouble. And Deron wasn't much better himself, going 6-22.

AK is averaging 30 mins/per and Raja 28. That's plenty. CJ would be in the 25 range if not for foul trouble and terrible shooting.

I think Deron is pissed because CP3 and Rondo have gotten off to great starts and he hadn't, so once again Williams has slipped down the list when people start talking about who's the best PG in the NBA.

It's a proven fact if a guy sucks after 3 games there's no chance for improvement. In a perfect world, 1st Round Picks should be signed to 5 Day Non Guaranteed Contracts. Sink or Swim. I hear bubbles.

I dont know I think preseason is plenty. He had one lucky high point game. Otherwise stinkaroo. Should have cut him and ate his 2 million salary or traded him for a sack of potatoes.

Hayward has played well his first few games. His ball handling is good, he can finish in traffic, and he can pass. The only thing he could be doing better at this point is to shoot more off the curl instead of passing that shot up everytime. But I mean come on, the guy has 3 games under his belt. The fact that Sloan has given him some good minutes speaks volumes. I am very happy with how he is playing overall.

Harward is showing early Ginobli-esque skills, not that he would ever reach that level but that his potential to be a game-impact is high in my view. He looks "awful"? Not from what I've seen. He's played in a grand total of 3 NBA games so far. I think he shows some high bball IQ, and he has a lot more potential than I initially suspected.