What's new

The rookie

Larry Sanders!!!!!!!!!!
Is 2-5 in 2 games + one DNP. That 40% shooting is so much better than Hayward's 42%.

Granted, Sanders has only played 15 mins, so his per 40 numbers would be around 10/8, with 2.5 blocks.
By comparison, Hayward's per 40 numbers are 12.5/7, with 2.0 blocks.

Clearly, Sanders >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hayward.

Yep, we really blew it by not drafting Sanders. If we had Sanders we could also bench Millsap. That guy is worthless. And we really have no need for Hayward. Look at the Jazz' amazing depth at SG/SF. I'm sure Jeffers or Thompson would have been just fine playing 15-20 mins/per behind Raja, CJ and AK.

I think he has done the little things well for the most part. The obvious things that most fans judge a player on will come. If he was a disaster he would not be playing so much. JS only plays rookies when he sees the effort and potential. If GH is playing as a rookie, then you know Sloan sees something.

How many rookies have played significant minutes on a Sloan coached team? You can list the ones he has played a lot, and the ones he hasn't. For the most part, in hindsight he has turned out to be right.

Harward is showing early Ginobli-esque skills, not that he would ever reach that level but that his potential to be a game-impact is high in my view. He looks "awful"? Not from what I've seen. He's played in a grand total of 3 NBA games so far. I think he shows some high bball IQ, and he has a lot more potential than I initially suspected.

Excellent comparison. While he has a ton of work to do to be in the same class as ginobili obviously, the similarities are there. He is crafty, versatile and a good ball handler.

He seemed to struggle more in the OKC game than the first two, where he had some good moments. All rookies go through this; and that OKC game was played at playoff-intensity level. It takes a while for a rookie to adjust.

Hayward is going to be a good player. His defense has been surprisingly good from what Ive seen. I just wish he would start popping those curls off, he gets enough separation.

Do you have a theory of why Deron yelled at Hayward for not running through on the fast brake?

My guess is it is a combination of two things.
1) He was just generally upset
2) He's mentioned this to Hayward a few times before, as have the coaches, etc.

He seemed to struggle more in the OKC game than the first two, where he had some good moments. All rookies go through this; and that OKC game was played at playoff-intensity level. It takes a while for a rookie to adjust.

I imagine having the team captain chew your backside off in front of everyone might have had something to do with his starting to think again instead of just playing ball. Just saying.......................

He is only 20, not 23 like Evans give him some time. If you offered either Hayward or Evans to another team for a future 1st rounder trust me not one GM would take Evans .

This board has more retards then a New York city specail education class. Hayward is playing well, better then most would expect. Although its early here is his ranking against the rest of the rookies in the league.
Min: 9th, Pts: 11th, Asts: 25th, Rebs: 7th, Blks: 1st, Stls: 16th,
Efic: 12th
Pts/Reb/Asts: 9th.
Instead of just telling your gut feeling on how you feel Hayward has been playing due to your diligent glances at the Box scores, take some time and form a developed opinion.

Yet again the jazz got a 2nd round pick who will turn out to be more of a player then the first rounder. Hayward looks awful and how can anyone not see that. This evans kid tho has the potential to b a good one

Hayward looks awful? Well, his jumper does. He's pretty damn solid everywhere else.

twenty two

Do you have a theory of why Deron yelled at Hayward for not running through on the fast brake? I don't like the idea of Hayward playing over AK, CJ or Bell. I don't think Deron does either and if that makes my post worthless then so be it.

I did not call Hayward's play atrocious, because he has not been that bad. Now he has not been good either.

I don't think Deron is clueless enough to think that CJ deserved any playing time against the Suns. He was dreadful. He was great against the Thunder, and therefore got more time.

For the millionth time, didn't like the pick but I can't change it. But if he can hold his own on D and shake his nerves, he'll be a nice player for the Jazz.

Instead of just telling your gut feeling on how you feel Hayward has been playing due to your diligent glances at the Box scores, take some time and form a developed opinion.

Unfortunatly the OP's developed opinion is that he hates the Hayward pick no matter what. No matter how hard anyone tries to prove him wrong. Thats going to be his opinion. Best to just ignore him.