What's new

The Royce O'Neale Thread

NUMBERICA

2022 Award Winner
If Bojan can get a thread for a game, then Royce deserves one.

I haven't seen one post about Royce's game last night. He went 6 for 6 and 14 points while taking the toughest defensive assignments all night. He also grabbed 5 boards.

Knowing that he's in a contract year, that he had a great offseason, and that he beat out an athletic vet that had a fantastic pre-season, he then shows everyone what's up by quietly keeping the team in the game all night. He was the unsung hero.

It's time we start taking him seriously.

Last edited:

I haven't seen one post about Royce's game last night. He went 6 for 6 and 14 points while taking the toughest defensive assignments all night. He also grabbed 5 boards.

With the reports of his offseason, that he beat out an athletic vet that had a fantastic pre-season (and I'm pretty sure the Jazz gave a leg-up to start at the 4), and that he's in a contract year, he then goes out and quietly keeps the team in the game all night. He was the unsung hero. It's time we start taking him seriously.

Hit a hugeeeeee three. I wanted him to shoot the one he passed up and hit a wide open conley. We should extend him now. JZ get it done.

Got out on the break too... we need some of that.

Hit a hugeeeeee three. I wanted him to shoot the one he passed up and hit a wide open conley. We should extend him now. JZ get it done.

Got out on the break too... we need some of that.
Should've extended him before last night... I think it's going to get increasingly difficult to get him on a steal of deal. But, yeah, we should. Post-haste.

It's worth noting that given Royce's versatility and youth, he will be logging a ton of minutes this year. The Jazz have to keep Conley, Ingles, (Gobert,) and Bojan fresh if they're serious about making a run in the postseason, and Royce is going to be carrying a lot of weight if the Jazz are going to try and pull that off.

Knowing that he's in a contract year, that he had a great offseason, and that he beat out an athletic vet that had a fantastic pre-season, he then shows everyone what's up by quietly keeping the team in the game all night. He was the unsung hero.

It's time we start taking him seriously.
Helluva thread.
He was amazing last night. 2nd best player for the jazz

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Royce might go down as my best b-ball call ever. Dude is confirming exactly what I saw when he was playing for Nola in summer league all those years ago.

We should talk about how he was out there to close the game. Not Bojan. I’m not sure if that’s because Bojan was limited with his ankle.

Please extend him now!

I think the defense was definitely part of it... can't have a limpy Bojan out there in crunchtime. I think it will be a nigh-by-night thing, but I could see that being the closing lineup a lot.

I think the defense was definitely part of it... can't have a limpy Bojan out there in crunchtime. I think it will be a nigh-by-night thing, but I could see that being the closing lineup a lot.
I can see him closing when we are up, but Bojan in when we are down.

We need to somehow trade Exum for an expiring and give him Exum's money at the same time

If he keeps this up, he's transcending that label.

Tis the season for hyperbole.
Deck the effin halls

Based on season to date data, he will break the NBA records for effective fg% and ts%, both at 116.7
Hall of Fame is not out of the question

Out of all the players that have taken a shot this whole season, he's one of two that have not missed yet.
Add to that, Royce has taken half again as many shots as the other guy, and it puts into perspective what he has accomplished.
He has 100% fg, and 100% 3pt, where the next guy has not even attempted a 3pt shot.