What's new

The Royce O'Neale Thread

The Jazz had their chance to give Royce some Ingles money back in 2017 but they decided only to give Ingles the Ingles money and give Royce the Royce money.
That would be an incredibly asinine point if that’s the actual point so I’m going to assume Old Greg is better than that.

That would be an incredibly asinine point if that’s the actual point so I’m going to assume Old Greg is better than that.
I’m not sure what Greg is arguing, but it sounds like that’s what RTK is arguing.

People do realize we have the entire season to sign Royce to an extension, right? I know there were a lot of players that had a deadline of October 21 to get an extension done but with Royce there was no deadline, we can still extend him at any time.

I thought there was a deadline at some point but it appears there is not. Was looking through the articles on Dinwiddie a year ago and it said they had until June 30. I'd offer him something solid but somewhat team friendly now... move up or down later depending on how close they are and if he's still playing this well.

Ingles got paid when he was a restricted free agent, he wasn’t extended.

Royce hasn’t been a restricted free agent yet.
Umm he just got a 1 year extension. But that doesn't change my point Ingles got more because he was worth more at the time he signed than Royce was at the time he signed.

Royce is a good defender no matter what.

Rudy is having the worst statistical year of good entire 7 year career by far.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Not by advanced stats and our overall team defense. If he kept up what he did so far for the season he would historical defensive numbers. His defensive rating is 90.6 right now and players are shooting 15% worse than their averages within 10 feet of the rim with him guarding them. Our team defensive rating is 92!!! 97.8 is the lowest its been for a team in 20 years and that doesnt factor in the huge jump in offense teams made the last couple years.

We need to somehow trade Exum for an expiring and give him Exum's money at the same time
Why would we do that? We are over the cap so getting an expiring wont give us more room to sign someone. If we trade Exum before he expires it should be for a salary player with salary at or above Exum hopefully for longer, so we can best operate over the cap.

Not by advanced stats and our overall team defense. If he kept up what he did so far for the season he would historical defensive numbers. His defensive rating is 90.6 right now and players are shooting 15% worse than their averages within 10 feet of the rim with him guarding them. Our team defensive rating is 92!!! 97.8 is the lowest its been for a team in 20 years and that doesnt factor in the huge jump in offense teams made the last couple years.

Ron turns into david locke

Anyone still in favor of giving Royce that big contract extension? He certainly hasn't proved anything through 6 games.

Anyone still in favor of giving Royce that big contract extension? He certainly hasn't proved anything through 6 games.
Not saying it equals a big contract or anything but through 6 games he is shooting 62% from the field (2nd to gobert) and 46% from 3 (3rd behind Jeff green and bojan).

In 6 games Royce has ZERO free throw attempts in 158 minutes.
Kind of crazy.

Ingles has 2 free throw attempts in 178 minutes. That's also kinda crazy

Tony Bradley has played 12 minutes and has 3 free throw attempts.

Niang 52 minutes and 4 attempts

I think we should start Joe, with an early sub for Royce.