What's new

The Season is about to begin!!!

Are you JAZZ'n in your pants about the season or looking for the fast forward button in 24 months?

• JAZZ'n in mah pants

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Boring... ping me when the Jazz are good again

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Fill in the blank with your level of excitement)

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Jazz Wonderbra

The season starts tomorrow. I am having a bit of heartburn about it. I am sure I will watch the games, but I expect to sleep through most 3rd quarters at the least.

So, where are yall at? Are you very excited about the season or looking for the fast forward button in for the draft & say... 24 - 36 months?

Eh. Growing pains. Necessary but no fun. I'll watch some. Not all like previous seasons. Still in a little bit of shock how fast it was all dismantled.

I kind of feel like this is a season where the games will be interesting just because there's zero pressure to be good and compete while also acknowledging that I'll probably miss a few games simply because we won't be good. I imagine some of my tuning in will be checking to see how close the game is late third quarters and if it's competitive, maybe I'll excuse myself to watch more closely. If we're getting steamrolled, I'll catch the Youtube highlights the next day.

I'm really just interested to see how the rookies look and if some of the young vets look like good spare parts from other teams. Aside from that, seeing Clarkson or Conley have success doesn't interest me, only if it can be parlayed to draft compensation.

One thing I do know: if you're going to be bad, be bad. There are no participation trophies here; if the season is a dumpster fire, I want a top three pick as a result of that fire, not picking #12.

<...> see how the rookies look and if some of the young vets look like good spare parts from other teams.... if you're going to be bad, be bad.... I want a top three pick...
This.
And to see Hardy's ways to take a player like Markkanen and get the f*** best out off of the guy's inmense arsenal.

I will watch. I have no expectations, for the first time in many years. So that is curbing my excitement level. I hope some of our players develop so we don't have to go through this for too many years, and that may be fun to watch. And there are plenty of players on other teams worth watching. My excitement level is at 60%.

So many questions to be resolved on court, so many Goliaths to be slain, yeah I’m relatively invested. I think the problem for some is going to be their level of ambivalence regarding desired outcomes. I mean, how do you even root for a team you want to lose? How do you even recognize and pull for a guy that’s emerging as a solid player if he’s so good he jeopardizes your true intention which is losing? It’s all too convoluted for me.

As a fan, I’ll root the way I always root and that’s to see our guys reach their true potentials and win games. And if it just turns out to be some contrived $hit show where we’re just obviously trying to lose, I’ll just throw everything behind Brooklyn (Royce and Ben), Minnesota (Rudy) and Cleveland (Don, Ricky and Raul).

Should be a fun season one way or another!

Eh. Growing pains. Necessary but no fun. I'll watch some. Not all like previous seasons. Still in a little bit of shock how fast it was all dismantled.
Interesting to see how it evolves but this is self inflicted rather than necessary. It is what it is. I hope they play hard and surprise us with some nice wins as tanking has never been my thing and I think is bad for all sports. I have heard both 1280 and 700 talking heads suggest that the Jazz need to cut ticket prices in half this year.

I have a strange curiosity about whether THT can become a viable player and what Lauri looks like as a #1 option. But otherwise, there's nothing to get excited about.

Clarkson and Beasley are going to chuck, but won't have favorable spacing to do it. The Jazz are going to rely on guys like Olynyk, NAW and THT to pretend they're on-ball creators, and it's not going to work.

The new court with the diagonal wood paneling is nice though.

Part of me wishes we could just skip ahead to next offseason.

This is the Evil Dead 2 part of jazz fandom where the last two seasons broke us and we just accept the goofiness of our situation.
VO4vXek.gif

I just hope this new coach hardy dude give them young players a lot of playing time. Or at least two quarters of playing time. That's all I ask for... we ain't making the playoffs so quit playing the veterans a lot.

Exciting as season begin. As allways. Will follow Jazz and Grizz. That's the good point when you love 2 teams, you almost have one good. And will look at Rudy at Minny as well.