What's new

The Season is about to begin!!!

Are you JAZZ'n in your pants about the season or looking for the fast forward button in 24 months?

• JAZZ'n in mah pants

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Boring... ping me when the Jazz are good again

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Fill in the blank with your level of excitement)

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm curious to see if we play with heart or just go through the motions. We'll learn a lot about the new coach whether he develops the young guys or just relies on the veterans.

Mostly I'd like to see some joy from the players again.

Yep since TIVO/DVR became a thing I have yet to miss a Jazz game. I still watch most games live but when I can't I watch it later that night or next day if I'm out of town and can't watch on my laptop. that won't change this season either.

Yes there is a shift, from winning to other things like, player development and coaching development with a new HC. I know for me watching preseason it became more real that I no longer recognize how the Jazz want to play to be able to tell if they are executing it well or poorly. So learning how Hardy wants to coach will be another thing and even then that can't say for sure with the season and personnel wont be about winning games. So evaluating Hardy will not be easy as he'd have to be a really bad coach to take any negative things because I plan and understand he will need to go through growing pains and no better season than this season to go through those.

One thing my blood pressure will be much better watching games, and the feelings of my TV wont be hurt neerly as much by me hurling insults at it.

The Jazz tank-talk is tiresome. Ainge didn’t want to begin the season with a tank mode (otherwise Markkanen, Conley and Clarkson wouldn’t be on the roster). He seems to be thinking “let’s wait and see where this is going” before he considers his next move. I hope he keeps the group intact until the trade deadline and then decides what to do based on where the team is in the standings. This young team will hustle and fight hard and will be fun to watch. Would I pump my fist every time the Jazz lose? Pull my hair every time they win? Be grumpy if a player plays well? Nah, not for less than a 15% chance of getting Wemba. I’ll cheer on my team to win.

If they are terrible and they are trying to win with vets and no rookies, I will have to flip the channel most of the time, to avoid losing my mind.
If they are terrible because they are rolling out line ups like preseason aka tank mode, I will be watching college hoops not the Jazz and it will repeat every draft year until they land the 1st overall pick.
If they are trying to build up veteran trade values in the first half of the season, playing decent ball overall, even in losing efforts, I will stay tuned awhile longer than the tank lovers will.
Overall I think Sexton is going to prove he was wildly underrated if they let him run the offense . Marky has the chance to "go off" with no other front court competion , if he doesn't have to share the court with THT or JC too much anyway.
Vander has the potential to be Robert Williams type 5 if they let him run. Kessler could prove to be a legit defender as well.
Beasley might get hot enough to slow the opps for Och early on , but one of them will or at least should provide much needed spacing for the drive kick guards

Not sure where this thought should go and don't want to start a new thread and take the time to gather the links and videos and what not and I was really hoping there was a thread about this already but................

I was hoping people would be ALL OVER the current reigning "DPOY" Smart and how Harden (who I still do not like) broke Smart's ankles and soul on the same play. Even if you want to use the argument Smart flopped in anticipation of a push off he went from the 3pt line to almost out of bounds (under the hoop) sliding on his back side.

Yes Rudy is no longer on this team but once a Jazz man always a Jazz man.... if that was Rudy the world would've broken Twitter if not the Internet, despite him being a Center guarding a Guard, Smart does not have that excuse.

Youtube Highlight

Also the reason it is still on my mind today is just because some ignorant "Jazz fans" were so insistent on tearing down Rudy showing the same 1-2 highlights of him getting crossed like those handful of plays means they were right and he sucks ... by I digress.

Last edited:
Not sure where this thought should go and don't want to start a new thread and take the time to gather the links and videos and what not and I was really hoping there was a thread about this already but................

I was hoping people would be ALL OVER the current reigning "DPOY" Smart and how Harden (who I still do not like) broke Smart's ankles and soul on the same play. Even if you want to use the argument Smart flopped in anticipation of a push off he went from the 3pt line to almost out of bounds (under the hoop) sliding on his back side.

Yes Rudy is no longer on this team but once a Jazz man always a Jazz man.... if that was Rudy the world would've broken Twitter if not the Internet, despite him being a Center guarding a Guard, Smart does not have that excuse.

Youtube Highlight
noone but you apparently was surprised by this. the Beard has been breaking ankles for the last decade. If it was any lesser man, Marcus gets shroom shower shade

I'm excited for the season. We will hit a point where I don't watch every game midway through but there will intriguing things to watch. Its a season of complete and utter discovery... curious to see what we have to build around.

Youtube Highlight

Also the reason it is still on my mind today is just because some ignorant "Jazz fans" were so insistent on tearing down Rudy showing the same 1-2 highlights of him getting crossed like those handful of plays means they were right and he sucks ... by I digress.
It was a great highlight all around because Harden missed the shot so bad that Russ was jealous of that brick.

I was not really into the league last season, compared to other years. The Jazz never grabbed my attention, I followed the team but wasn't setting my schedule around their games like usual. It was all very uninteresting to me.

I still won't do appointment viewing of their games (I don't think I can anyway unless I find a crappy stream, not gonna happen) but I will follow the team and be rooting for them to lose, while still hoping for a few interesting developments throughout the season. Tankathon.com will be bookmarked for me until lottery night. I am way more interested in the NBA in general though. Can't wait to see what the TWolves and Cavs do. I'm back into fantasy basketball now too, which helps a lot. Last night was fun.

I was not really into the league last season, compared to other years. The Jazz never grabbed my attention, I followed the team but wasn't setting my schedule around their games like usual. It was all very uninteresting to me.

I still won't do appointment viewing of their games (I don't think I can anyway unless I find a crappy stream, not gonna happen) but I will follow the team and be rooting for them to lose, while still hoping for a few interesting developments throughout the season. Tankathon.com will be bookmarked for me until lottery night. I am way more interested in the NBA in general though. Can't wait to see what the TWolves and Cavs do. I'm back into fantasy basketball now too, which helps a lot. Last night was fun.
even if they tank hard down the stretch along with OKC Houston etc, I doubt they are worse than the bottom 2 in the East or the West by then . The East will have at minimum 3 more teams with worse records given the strength of the East on top this season imo. I am betting Indiana Detroit and Charlotte will all tank hard after the break and don't expect NY or Washington to be better than us either. I see there are 4 legit contenders in the East this season in Bucks Celtics Philly and Miami and 4 more with a punchy to play spolier in the playoffs in Hawks,Cleveland ,Chicago and Toronto. The West has 5 WCF contenders , well maybe 4 but the rest are fools gold to even make the WCF sans top 3 injuries. It would have been 5 locked in if Memphis hadn't lost JJJ, but they are not a contender without him. Denver isn't imo because there is next to no chance MPJ stays available, all season ,no matter how great he can be. That leaves the rising Wolves as the only potential party buster to the top 4 of LAC GSW, Dallas and the Suns.
I have the Jazz in tank mode being in the 13 spot in the West but being 6th or 7th in the final standings league wide on the draft board. Not terrible odds at a top 4 pick , but not at all the best.
I don't have them much better than 10th in the West if they are playing good ball which makes them a play in team that maybe sits at 11-18 after those games.
the odds to win a top pick from 11 are not so much better than at 7 that I am willing to put up with a seaosn of garbage basketball as opposed to playing as hard as they can and living with the results/.

even if they tank hard down the stretch along with OKC Houston etc, I doubt they are worse than the bottom 2 in the East or the West by then . The East will have at minimum 3 more teams with worse records given the strength of the East on top this season imo. I am betting Indiana Detroit and Charlotte will all tank hard after the break and don't expect NY or Washington to be better than us either. I see there are 4 legit contenders in the East this season in Bucks Celtics Philly and Miami and 4 more with a punchy to play spolier in the playoffs in Hawks,Cleveland ,Chicago and Toronto. The West has 5 WCF contenders , well maybe 4 but the rest are fools gold to even make the WCF sans top 3 injuries. It would have been 5 locked in if Memphis hadn't lost JJJ, but they are not a contender without him. Denver isn't imo because there is next to no chance MPJ stays available, all season ,no matter how great he can be. That leaves the rising Wolves as the only potential party buster to the top 4 of LAC GSW, Dallas and the Suns.
I have the Jazz in tank mode being in the 13 spot in the West but being 6th or 7th in the final standings league wide on the draft board. Not terrible odds at a top 4 pick , but not at all the best.
I don't have them much better than 10th in the West if they are playing good ball which makes them a play in team that maybe sits at 11-18 after those games.
the odds to win a top pick from 11 are not so much better than at 7 that I am willing to put up with a seaosn of garbage basketball as opposed to playing as hard as they can and living with the results/.
Is that you Jefe?

Trying to predict the top teams can be a difficult exercise. Trying to predict the worst teams by record, especially in this kind of season, is completely futile imo. I’m gonna hope for the best and enjoy the basketball around the rest of the league.

Is that you Jefe?

Trying to predict the top teams can be a difficult exercise. Trying to predict the worst teams by record, especially in this kind of season, is completely futile imo. I’m gonna hope for the best and enjoy the basketball around the rest of the league.
not predicting this outcome exactly, expecting this type of outcome though and its pretty easy to see not difficult for me at all.