What's new

The thing that has hurt us more than anything(and why we shouldn't resign AK, even for a dollar)

fallenchicken

Injuries have hurt us more than D-Will being traded or Sloan leaving. This season we have rarely had the same players show up to play two games in a row, aside from that stretch early in the season when the Jazz were winning. It doesn't matter how good the roster is, your team isn't going to win if they can't depend on each other to play.

The Jazz's roster has been full of injury prone players for the last several years, and with the edition of Devin Harris, the future doesn't look bright.

The Jazz need to clear their roster of injury-prone players. We need players who can play, this season could have gone very differently had we had a healthy roster. A healthy decent player tops a sickly great player.

Injuries have hurt us more than D-Will being traded or Sloan leaving. This season we have rarely had the same players show up to play two games in a row, aside from that stretch early in the season when the Jazz were winning. It doesn't matter how good the roster is, your team isn't going to win if they can't depend on each other to play.

The Jazz's roster has been full of injury prone players for the last several years, and with the edition of Devin Harris, the future doesn't look bright.

The Jazz need to clear their roster of injury-prone players. We need players who can play, this season could have gone very differently had we had a healthy roster. A healthy decent player tops a sickly great player.

I don't disagree. AK, playing in only about 60 games a year typically, and competing in only about half of those, might as well be making 30M per year. Dude is an absolute cancer in every sense of the word and needs to hit the ****ing road.

Even at 3M per and an understanding that he would only be coming off the bench, he'd still be infectious, a poor influence on our youngsters and the antithesis of what professional sports should be about: passion, hard work, refined skill.

Watch+Tropic+Of+Cancer.jpg

why everyone is against kirilenko ? i think he is a really good player. He may be injury prone, but not worse than boozer. And we can use this as an excuse to let him stay with a more favorable contract. He deserves getting 7-8 p/yr.
Im sure he will be more dedicated to the team with Deron and Sloan gone so that noone can overshadow his talents.

Yea i guess it is sloan and dw 's fault he keeps getting hurt. There is no way AK is worth $7-8 million a year. He is not going to get any better and he only takes away playing time from our young guys.

Players get injured. STock and Malone got injured - but they were still able to play. Because they're tough? Sure they are, but they had help on the staff by the name of Craig Buhler.

Gary Briggs felt threatened by Buhler and his chiropractic methods so bitched behind his back and made things so contentious Buhler decided to just leave.
The Jazz have been plagued by injuries after Buhler left. He's friends with Stockton so maybe if they can get Stockton involved with the team in some capacity they can get Buhler to come back.

I dont know if Briggs was involved, if he was, he should be sent off along with Fragilenko. It seems like the good years of health we had with Stock and Malone are getting evened out pretty fast.

Injuries are an overlooked aspect when it comes to failures of the team for the last 2 years. Not much KOC or anyone else can do about it, except do their homework when drafting or signing new guys and getting rid of some of the guys who seem to make injuries contagious.

On another note, I have never seen a guy miss as many games/practices as Fesenko did these past 2 years while barely playing. He seems to fall sick all the time while warming his rear on the bench. Fragilenko and F'enko-quite a pair.
And then Price and his bothersome toe.

I'm actually more concerned with the fact that it has become a pattern for Jazz players to get injured when season comes to the end. I would take a closer look at the coaching personnel to find out if there is anything wrong with how players go through workouts and treatments. There is a reason we've heard plenty of "let's see how good we are when we are healthy" when the Jazz squad gets injury depleted year in and year out.

I wouldn't go more than 4 mil/yr for three years with Kirilenko. If he really wants to be here in a reduced role, with reduced pay, not bitching, great. If not, no big loss.

I dont know. Free agents I suppose we could go after Affalo or Jamal even depending on how the Hawks do in the post season. It depends on how this draft goes and what trades me make.

Yea i guess it is sloan and dw 's fault he keeps getting hurt. There is no way AK is worth $7-8 million a year. He is not going to get any better and he only takes away playing time from our young guys.

i dont see any player better than AK overall in our team, he led the russian team to european championship against spain which almost beat the USA team in olympics a few yrs ago, team with (kobe lebron wade ...). He does a lot of stuff if the coach knows how to use him.

He can do anythng in the court, even though he is not a good shooter, i can still remember those 2 clutch 3 pointers he made in the last min of 6th lakers game 3 yrs ago.
I think utah should try to keep him with the cheapest amount possible, it wont make us any better just to let him go

Why is everyone against AK?

He is lazy, overpaid, inconsistent, and always injured.

i dotn thnk he is lazy, he is just moody, and not overpaid anymore. Is it better to let millsap start in that position next yr? or keep AK in an affordable fee

i dont see any player better than AK overall in our team, he led the russian team to european championship against spain which almost beat the USA team in olympics a few yrs ago, team with (kobe lebron wade ...). He does a lot of stuff if the coach knows how to use him.

He can do anythng in the court, even though he is not a good shooter, i can still remember those 2 clutch 3 pointers he made in the last min of 6th lakers game 3 yrs ago.
I think utah should try to keep him with the cheapest amount possible, it wont make us any better just to let him go

But let's be honest, he isn't going to be part of our team. We have a young team of the future, Favors, Hayward, two picks, Millsap, Jefferson(although I think one of them could be traded.)

We are not going to contend next year, if we do make the playoffs it will be just barely. If we were making a push to make it to the WCF I would be pro signing him, but the only thing he will do for us next year is eat some of the rookies' minutes one night, then dump 40 minutes in his lap the next because he broke a nail.

I dont know. Free agents I suppose we could go after Affalo or Jamal even depending on how the Hawks do in the post season. It depends on how this draft goes and what trades me make.

If we could pick up Afflalo, I would help AK pack. That's the problem, though. It's just not very likely that guys like AA are going to be coming here. Too many other choices.

If we were making a push to make it to the WCF I would be pro signing him, but the only thing he will do for us next year is eat some of the rookies' minutes one night, then dump 40 minutes in his lap the next because he broke a nail.

Much better argument than just saying get rid of him because he's always hurt, and I can't really disagree with it. The ironic thing about this, is that most of the people who want AK out of the way to give more minutes to the young guys, probably hate CJ even more than AK. I'm guessing no AK = more CJ. Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for.

To be honest, because of his injury issues, we really shouldn't be considering him as a starter anymore. I'd like to have him as an energy guy off the bench for the right price, but it's probably just not realistic. I'm guessing AK is going to be headed elsewhere.

Last edited:

+1