What's new

The trade winds are a'blowin'...

bigmike

Let's just say there is one untouchable player on the roster, and 1-2 others they would prefer to keep. Everyone else - and I mean everyone (including those 1-2) - is available for the right price. The goal remains to build our war chest of draft capital/cap space and be extremely aggressive in the trade market throughout 2024-2025.

FO is higher on this draft than most (including us collectively). Maybe that's real, maybe that's just for the perceived value of a top 5 pick from a return standpoint.

Gonna get worse before it gets much, much better.

Untouchable at this stage would have to be Lauri.
Preferable to keep if they can would be Keyonte and probably Kessler. However, with Kessler it's just a question of what he can become in a couple years. His trade value hasn't ripened yet.

Topic and Risarcher, plus possibly Buzelis, Castle, Collier and Sarr would be solid picks in the draft. They'd all presumably go in the top 8.

Yes on Lauri, Yes on Keyonte.

"Untouchable" may have been a stretch but there's no desire to trade a guy who's 7' and shoots ~50/40/85. Perfect off-ball scoring threat in today's game. Lots of organizational belief in KG's raw ability. They want to let him play through early-career bumps in the road.

Untouchable at this stage would have to be Lauri.
Preferable to keep if they can would be Keyonte and probably Kessler. However, with Kessler it's just a question of what he can become in a couple years. His trade value hasn't ripened yet.

Topic and Risarcher, plus possibly Buzelis, Castle, Collier and Sarr would be solid picks in the draft. They'd all presumably go in the top 8.

Lauri isn't untouchable for me. 4 unprotected firsts from OKC would do it. 3 unprotected plus a young piece may do it. The right 3 unprotected picks plus draft swaps would work for me as well.

I think Walker Kessler is more untouchable than Lauri tbh because you couldn't get more than a highish first for him now so the trade value isn't there.

Yes on Lauri, Yes on Keyonte.

"Untouchable" may have been a stretch but there's no desire to trade a guy who's 7' and shoots ~50/40/85. Perfect off-ball scoring threat in today's game. Lots of organizational belief in KG's raw ability. They want to let him play through early-career bumps in the road.

Hendricks is another guy who needs to develop more before the Jazz should consider trading him. He's too much of an unknown. So maybe he's the other guy they'd rather not trade.

Lauri isn't untouchable for me. 4 unprotected firsts from OKC would do it. 3 unprotected plus a young piece may do it. The right 3 unprotected picks plus draft swaps would work for me as well.

I think Walker Kessler is more untouchable than Lauri tbh because you couldn't get more than a highish first for him now so the trade value isn't there.
Key and Kessler are the only 2 "untouchables" in my book and that's mainly because I think their potential is higher than their current trade value.

Obviously Hendricks is very young so I'd be very cautious in dealing him at this point.

As much as we all like Lauri I'd trade him for a 4FRP + prospect type package considering where this team currently sits in this rebuild. Keeping him would be fine but they better have a real plan to get better around him in the next 1-2 years.

Let's just say there is one untouchable player on the roster, and 1-2 others they would prefer to keep. Everyone else - and I mean everyone (including those 1-2) - is available for the right price. The goal remains to build our war chest of draft capital/cap space and be extremely aggressive in the trade market throughout 2024-2025.

FO is higher on this draft than most (including us collectively). Maybe that's real, maybe that's just for the perceived value of a top 5 pick from a return standpoint.

My homie @Maneesh has already told me about your lieds. I stand with him.

Also if they wanted to maintain cap flexibility then the John Collins trade isn’t real smart.

We are use to your lieds

Lauri, Kessler, Keyonte. Build around that. Trade JC, Sexton .... for as much as we can. Tank for a top 5 pick and be agressive on FA market.

Tank for a top 2 pick folks. Screw top 5. We have only had 4 x top 3 picks in the history of the team. Darrell the doctor Griffith, Dominique Wilkins who we were forced to trade, Deron "ShouldpickedPiss" Williams, Enes Mic Drop Kancer

Then we had a top 5 pick that ended up as Dead Ex.

Thats it folks. Thats all our draft history has to show. I want a top pick. #1. The first choice once before quit following the team and the league altogether. Sheesh. Dont care if it is a weak draft... we deserve a #1 pick at least once in our first 50 years.

I want to see George, Agbaji, Fonteccio, Lauri, and Walker lineup. Those are about the only guys on the team I care to keep along with maybe our other rookies. Not that I would be opposed to trading some of those guys in the right deal.

Tank for a top 2 pick folks. Screw top 5. We have only had 4 x top 3 picks in the history of the team. Darrell the doctor Griffith, Dominique Wilkins who we were forced to trade, Deron "ShouldpickedPiss" Williams, Enes Mic Drop Kancer

Then we had a top 5 pick that ended up as Dead Ex.

Thats it folks. Thats all our draft history has to show. I want a top pick. #1. The first choice once before quit following the team and the league altogether. Sheesh. Dont care if it is a weak draft... we deserve a #1 pick at least once in our first 50 years.
You cannot tank for higher than top 5 pick. Having the worst record in the league guarantees #5 pick, but nothing better. Thats what the Pistons got last year despite losing 3 more games than any other team.

You could say that tank for the best lotto odds, but then its bottom 3 record you are aiming at. And even #4 has 90% of the chance that the 3 worst teams have (12.5% vs 14% of the total tickets).

I think Ochai should not be traded. His trade value is likely not very high, and I see progress in his game, especially in the decissionmaking and finishing on the inside. He just looks like a guy who can turn into a valuable modern NBA player but isnt that yet. Not a star, but a solid 3&D who scores 12-15 a night on high efficiency, is a menace on defense and who you cannot leave alone on the perimeter.

I think if you trade Ochai now, you have done the hard work and sell low just before the price starts going up.

Not so sure they value this draft that much, i'd say the team they put up toghether simply sucks

I want to see George, Agbaji, Fonteccio, Lauri, and Walker lineup. Those are about the only guys on the team I care to keep along with maybe our other rookies. Not that I would be opposed to trading some of those guys in the right deal.
It won’t work as only 1 can facilitate and he’s just a 19 yo rookie.

I think Ochai should not be traded. His trade value is likely not very high, and I see progress in his game, especially in the decissionmaking and finishing on the inside. He just looks like a guy who can turn into a valuable modern NBA player but isnt that yet. Not a star, but a solid 3&D who scores 12-15 a night on high efficiency, is a menace on defense and who you cannot leave alone on the perimeter.

I think if you trade Ochai now, you have done the hard work and sell low just before the price starts going up.

Agreed. I would try to hang on to ochai and kessler.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app