What's new

The Udoka pick is the worst in team history

And obviously Burke over Giannis is the worst pick of all time for teh Jazz.
I loved Giannis. Loved that DL was one of the first guys reported to have checked him out in Greece. Thought there was a great chance he’d be there at 14 and he was exactly the kind of “swing-for-the-fences” pick that the Jazz desperately needed.

Was SO disappointed that we traded up for Burke (who was one of my least favorite prospects that year along with Olynyk) and then felt a little better when I found out we traded back up for Gobert. Really liked the Euro guys that year. Giannis, Rudy, Steven Adams and Dennis Schroder were probably my top 4 favorite players (+ Otto Porter as my top 5 favorites.)

Hopefully he plays well enough it only costs the jazz a second round pick to unload him.
Just don’t pick up the next year of his contract. Let him hit RFA and allow the market to determine his value - no need to send assets out. Especially during a tank season.

Can also add him onto a deal for Bogey or Clarkson and swap 2 for 1 to open up a roster spot. Same thing for Butler if need be.

Completely inexcusable in every way.

Giving away all the assets for Conley when CP3 was basically free is another killer.

If you had told me during Mitchell's rookie year, that he would become a legitimate top 10 player in the league, but I'd still be completely checked out on a Jazz season....

I won't say they are a terrible front office on a league wide level. But it cannot be disputed that at the critical moment(s) they absolutely choked. This era is going to fizzle out soon, and there will be some turning point moments to look back at. And for each one of them, I'm not sure our FO could have done a worse job. Any rando on this board given power in those moments, and the team is in much better shape right now.

Shame.

It was an awful pick but bringing up Chris Paulnis laughable. 98% of this board wanted nothing to do with him and thought he was cooked.

I booooo'd at my TV when it happened. I went to be pissed off. It was TBradley all over again when we already had Gobert.

No need for insurance plans on centers or to anticipate Gobert moving on. It was win now time.

It feels now like DL was submarining Quin while Quin was losing the locker room.

I remember thinking “we need a wing so bad” and McDaniels just fell right into our lap, while Bane was on the board too.

I figured it had to be one of those two guys.

Guess the scouting department did too. Not sure what went down or why, but it almost feels like DL decided to sabotage his career and the team. Especially since adding Favors was going to happen and everyone seemingly knew it.

Completely inexcusable in every way.

Giving away all the assets for Conley when CP3 was basically free is another killer.

If you had told me during Mitchell's rookie year, that he would become a legitimate top 10 player in the league, but I'd still be completely checked out on a Jazz season....

I won't say they are a terrible front office on a league wide level. But it cannot be disputed that at the critical moment(s) they absolutely choked. This era is going to fizzle out soon, and there will be some turning point moments to look back at. And for each one of them, I'm not sure our FO could have done a worse job. Any rando on this board given power in those moments, and the team is in much better shape right now.

Shame.
I read the first page so maybe this was brought up in the latter pages……but Don is not a top 10 player.

Just needs to be said.

I remember thinking “we need a wing so bad” and McDaniels just fell right into our lap, while Bane was on the board too.

I figured it had to be one of those two guys.

Guess the scouting department did too. Not sure what went down or why, but it almost feels like DL decided to sabotage his career and the team. Especially since adding Favors was going to happen and everyone seemingly knew it.
We passed on McDaniels and Bane because DL got too fixated on Eliza Huge, who shot 29% for Blazers last season and is currently out of job.

Doke is probably the second worst pick. A hair better than drafting a shot blocking big man from Europe in 2007 when Marc Gasol was still available.

Lakers wouldn't be able to get Pau if they didn't get to draft Marc. Then the Kobe-Odom-Pau trio would never have been formed to take away Sloan's last chance to win the Jazz a championship.
This kills me to revisit the DWill years with dumb decisions... Oof

So I’m not saying it’s likely or anything…….. but what if Doke is our starting Center next season, stays healthy and averages 15 & 10?

Still the worst pick in Jazz history?

I saw on the interwebs yesterday that Marques Bolden had a huge game for the Indonesian National Team in World Cup Qualifying. He had 32 points, 16 rebounds and 6 blocked shots and was 2-2 from 3. He played for the Stars last year. The guy was a McDonalds All American the same year Dok and Tony Bradley were. He went to Duke and played behind two high first round picks there. Perhaps he might be an insurance center.