What's new

These Jazz Practices Are Making Me Excited.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];908747 said:
The focus on "pace" is awesome. But, when I look at Trey and Enes, I see two guys who will struggle to make an impact within that concept. Booker and Exum better get ready.

I wonder if we'll see much of Alec and Gordon at the 1 and 2? "Pace" plays right into their strengths.
I think Enes can be a good enough pace guy. Trying to beat dudes down the floor and get good position or to spot up, he just needs to be focused. I don't think it will be about playing Alec and G-time at the 1 & 2, but more about heading up the floor if they get a rebound, or quick advancement of the ball. Jazz were awful at that last season. Seemed like every rebound Favors got he would wait for Burke to come find the ball while everyone else was already on the other end of the floor. I think Quin will stress passing ahead and having guys like Hayward and Alec grab boards and start the break. Hopefully Burke can figure out how to throw the ball ahead. Tinsley was slow as **** (at least, when he played for Utah), but he understood this concept and was great at passing ahead to dudes like Hayward and Alec

super excited for this season.

There will be a lot of tough loses but I have faith in Snyder. Give him some time and he will produce results.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];908742 said:
heh.
Hood hasn't proven anything. And Hayward, Trey, and Alec haven't proven anything about consistency. The opposite, actually.

I'm with you. I want to be optimistic as well, but Hayward has played a lot of minutes over the last four seasons and I just don't think his shooting is going to suddenly improve.

I hope I'm wrong.

I'm with you. I want to be optimistic as well, but Hayward has played a lot of minutes over the last four seasons and I just don't think his shooting is going to suddenly improve.

I hope I'm wrong.
Beside last season, Hayward has shot the ball well.

They've just cancelled Thursday's practice..... wonder why that could be?

Didn't they go way long today? Maybe Snyder is trying to reward them.
Maybe they are exhausted.
Maybe he told them they all suck so bad that they should go he and think about how bad they suck.
Maybe they are going to link up to play a game of nba 2015.
Maybe it is a test to see if any of the veterans will call the team together and practice anyway.
Maybe with it being conference weekend Thursday was the only day the team could take the Temple Square tour.

Didn't they go way long today? Maybe Snyder is trying to reward them.
Maybe they are exhausted.
Maybe he told them they all suck so bad that they should go he and think about how bad they suck.
Maybe they are going to link up to play a game of nba 2015.
Maybe it is a test to see if any of the veterans will call the team together and practice anyway.
Maybe with it being conference weekend Thursday was the only day the team could take the Temple Square tour.

#MayBe

I'm not worried about our shooting this year. I think our spacing will be much improved and our shooters will have a better idea of where their shots are coming from. Corbin's offense was so clunky that it forced us into a lot of late shot clock possessions where we just had to hoist up shots that weren't great looks.

I'm drinking the kool-aid that Quin's offense will actually be good and that it will instill a lot of confidence in our shooters.

Also, side note, I tried to implement Quin's theory of "moving before you catch" in pickup basketball today, it's actually amazingly effective.

Also, side note, I tried to implement Quin's theory of "moving before you catch" in pickup basketball today, it's actually amazingly effective.

Did you also practice "obvious unselfishness"?

Didn't think so.. lol

Didn't think so.. lol

Probably one of the most unselfish basketball players at our gym, to a negative extent even. I pass out of easy-*** post mismatches all the time if someone is open from 3.

Probably one of the most unselfish basketball players at our gym, to a negative extent even. I pass out of easy-*** post mismatches all the time if someone is open from 3.

Yeah me too actually, only because I can't shoot though.. Kinda like Kendal Marshall... haha.. only do occasional layups and only if I have to.

You can probably throw in Novak into that group as well...

Hard to make shots from the bench. (I dont expect novak to play much)

Jazz were awful at that last season. Seemed like every rebound Favors got he would wait for Burke to come find the ball while everyone else was already on the other end of the floor.

Jazz have been like this for way too long. I hate how they seem to believe that the point guard is the only one who can bring the ball up.

I also hate how they designate a player or certain position to be the guy who always has to inbound the ball after the other team scores. Whoever is closest to the ball and out of bounds should just take it out...... run after made baskets as well as misses

Another example of how analytics is killing the game.

This moving before you catch the ball thing should help Exum play off-ball. Hopefully he doesn't roam the 3pt line trying to get the ball and cuts to the basket as much as possible.

This is the wonderful time of the season : Coaches say the right things and seem like they will address all the problems, players worked hard all summer and are in an excellent shape, based on few practices rookies seem like next Jordan ( maybe not exum)

I hope I'm wrong.
How easily we forget how good a shooter Hayward was in the past. It was only two years ago he was a 40% 3pt shooter.

That's not in Cy's vocabulary.

Didn't think so.. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to make shots from the bench. (I dont expect novak to play much)

Jazz have been like this for way too long. I hate how they seem to believe that the point guard is the only one who can bring the ball up.

That was a Sloan rule that Corbin carried on with. Remember how Stockton had to be the one and only one to bring it up? I sure hope Quin kills that rule because it kills a lot of fast break opportunities.