What's new

Thinking About a Larger Change...

Today is the day... now today will be a STEP in the direction where I want to incorporate a lot of this feedback. It's not AT ALL baked yet, just getting to a new environment and more "modern" platform and then we will tweak. Appreciate your patience and feedback.

I'm not sure I like the new ignore function. It makes things difficult to read. At times, I see someone's response but I can't see they are quoting someone on the ignore list. It often makes their comments come across as out of context.

I'm not sure I like the new ignore function. It makes things difficult to read. At times, I see someone's response but I can't see they are quoting someone on the ignore list. It often makes their comments come across as out of context.
It would nice to either not see a post from someone quoting someone you have on ignore or at least know that's what they're doing.

But I feel like as it is it's better than it was.

It would nice to either not see a post from someone quoting someone you have on ignore or at least know that's what they're doing.

But I feel like as it is it's better than it was.

It would probably work to at least list the name of the person quoted and a message that says "You are ignoring this poster" or something, kind of like when they post normally and you have them on ignore. That way we know someone was quoted and, if the response looks interesting enough, we can click to read the ignored post or something.

Also can someone please explain how multi-quote works now? I tried 3 things and am now exhausted and distracted by shiny things.

Click the +Quote button on the posts you want to quote. One or many. Then a button appears in the reply box where you can insert those original posts that you selected as quotes and respond around them as appropriate.

It would probably work to at least list the name of the person quoted and a message that says "You are ignoring this poster" or something, kind of like when they post normally and you have them on ignore. That way we know someone was quoted and, if the response looks interesting enough, we can click to read the ignored post or something.

That's how the old system was and I thought it wasn't broken so don't fix it.

Ok, I haven't posted in a while, but I can't tell what's what. I see a like thingy, but I used to be able to tell easily how many likes or unlikes a post had. Now I don't know what's going on.

I kinda wish there was an option to read the old format. Sometimes on my phone I can't tell what's going on, but there's an option to go full site or something. Right now I feel lost in what is or isn't happening.

One of my biggest complaints with websites is radical changes. I can see changing one or two things at a time, but drastic changes give me anxiety. NBA.com used to be really simple to navigate, but there are too many bored web designers involved there where all of the sudden, nobody knows how to look up a certain stat anymore. Ok, somebody does I'm sure, but it was something that didn't need changed, and only WAS changed so that some web designer had something to do. I hate changes that only happen because somebody needed to keep busy or justify their job and time.

One of my biggest complaints with websites is radical changes. I can see changing one or two things at a time, but drastic changes give me anxiety. NBA.com used to be really simple to navigate, but there are too many bored web designers involved there where all of the sudden, nobody knows how to look up a certain stat anymore. Ok, somebody does I'm sure, but it was something that didn't need changed, and only WAS changed so that some web designer had something to do. I hate changes that only happen because somebody needed to keep busy or justify their job and time.

Wow, that was one of the better old man rants on this site, well done.

Maybe give it some time and try it out for awhile and then give some feedback. That is just my suggestion though.

Also NBA.com is much better and their stats section is phenomenal now, in my opinion.

So I'm trying to post a link to video from ESPN but nothing shows up.

I'm posting the link here:

Why doesn't it show up?

It's trying to embed it but obviously not working. Let me look into it more, sorry.