What's new

This jazz team is going to be an absolute abomination.

I'm concerned we're not going to be bad enough to get a top 5 pick. If we're going to be a lottery team anyway, we need to really go for it and be a bottom 3 team next season.
I think we get there. If Sexton hasn’t made improvements he’s gonna get his but not impact winning a ton.

It honestly depends on if we find a home for Bogey and Mike. Mike doesn’t put up huge stats but he’s a winning player. Bogey is so efficient and consistent it raises the floor every night so if an opponent is bad or we get another good performance then we are in danger of winning that game.

If the main 5 guys on this squad are sexton, Lauri, Beasley, Simone, Vando… I think we are going to be firmly in the bottom 4. OKC has SGA, Giddey, Dort, etc… they won’t be miserable… San Antonio has Poeltl and Keldon still… so they have some winning guys… Houston will be *** still. Orlando has some talent and could jump to 30ish wins… Indiana may not tear stuff down because it isn’t what they do.

As long as we offload Mike and Bogey I think we will get in that bottom 5 pretty easily.

I think we get there. If Sexton hasn’t made improvements he’s gonna get his but not impact winning a ton.

It honestly depends on if we find a home for Bogey and Mike. Mike doesn’t put up huge stats but he’s a winning player. Bogey is so efficient and consistent it raises the floor every night so if an opponent is bad or we get another good performance then we are in danger of winning that game.

If the main 5 guys on this squad are sexton, Lauri, Beasley, Simone, Vando… I think we are going to be firmly in the bottom 4. OKC has SGA, Giddey, Dort, etc… they won’t be miserable… San Antonio has Poeltl and Keldon still… so they have some winning guys… Houston will be *** still. Orlando has some talent and could jump to 30ish wins… Indiana may not tear stuff down because it isn’t what they do.

As long as we offload Mike and Bogey I think we will get in that bottom 5 pretty easily.

Yeah, those two are the ones we definitely need to trade. If we do we will be hovering around 20 wins.

Yeah, those two are the ones we definitely need to trade. If we do we will be hovering around 20 wins.
I’m wondering if the LA trade becomes Mike, Bogey, Beasley for Russ and Nunn for a pick and a swap.

LA doesn’t want salary but honestly the best way for them to Ky is in a sign and trade. So if Beasley is good and Mike is healthy they can exercise the team option on Malik and trade Mike and Malik plus a pick for Kyrie. If Ky won’t stay they can resign Bogey with bird rights and use the MLE.

When today comes I’m curious what the final iteration looks like.

I’m wondering if the LA trade becomes Mike, Bogey, Beasley for Russ and Nunn for a pick and a swap.

LA doesn’t want salary but honestly the best way for them to Ky is in a sign and trade. So if Beasley is good and Mike is healthy they can exercise the team option on Malik and trade Mike and Malik plus a pick for Kyrie. If Ky won’t stay they can resign Bogey with bird rights and use the MLE.

When today comes I’m curious what the final iteration looks like.

That is actually a really good point. Take Conley and Beasley so you can keep them if the Kyrie plan falls through.

Yeah, those are definitely the two guys that are the most important to trade because they impact winning the most. I'm hoping we can also offload JC and or Beasley by at least the trade deadline, just to be safe.

This is such an odd post. I'm really sorry for coming off as condescending, but are you like new to watching NBA basketball or something? The absolute worst spot a team can be in, particularly a small market team, is mediocre. Do you want to be the Sacramento Kings? You now, pretty sh*tty, but not sh*tty enough to get a premier draft pick, but one somewhere between #9 and #14. Because that's how you "swirl the toilet bowl for a long time".

How you rebuild and succeed is by disassembling your mediocre roster and doing all you can to try to secure a top level draft pick in what is considered the best draft class in 20 years. Which is exactly what the Jazz are doing.
Actually the Kings have had many #1 and or top 5 picks over the years, they just haven't done anything with them.

Greg Popovich basically sat David Robinson and Sean Elliott down for a year and got Tim Duncan out of it. He never had to apologize for it. The Jazz should spend a year stinking it up to get Victor Wembayana. This is the only way a small market team can win a championship. It has to be done. Buckle up, crank up the continuous track and let's get to tanking,

David Robinson had a season ending injury

The Jazz and OKC both have 17 guaranteed contracts on the roster right now and the Jazz have seven guys that signed Exhibit 10 contracts and the two two way guys. It sounds like trader Dan and the OKC GM will be burning up the phone lines on the NBA version of Let's made a deal.

nah, i hate the current system, the tank thing. i would rather root for a bunch of young talent to go as far as they can in a bad nba system than have my team lose on purpose to get someone who will play here for his first two guaranteed contracts, and then either leave or be traded away to retain his 'value'. also, being mediocre with young talent isn't nearly as bad as being mediocre with bloated contracts to older vets. the possibility of one of our young players becoming a star is enough to keep me interested regardless of being a borderline playoff team.

Sean Elliot's "injury" was bogus, and Popovich purposefully sat the rest of his guys so they could tank and get the top Pick. It was shameless, but worked out for him in the long run.

Last edited:
nah, i hate the current system, the tank thing. i would rather root for a bunch of young talent to go as far as they can in a bad nba system than have my team lose on purpose to get someone who will play here for his first two guaranteed contracts, and then either leave or be traded away to retain his 'value'. also, being mediocre with young talent isn't nearly as bad as being mediocre with bloated contracts to older vets. the possibility of one of our young players becoming a star is enough to keep me interested regardless of being a borderline playoff team.

Full on tanking has never been the jazz style. However since management changes things could be different. I’m with you though, cheering for those young guys trying hard it’s a lot more fun.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Greg Popovich basically sat David Robinson and Sean Elliott down for a year and got Tim Duncan out of it. He never had to apologize for it. The Jazz should spend a year stinking it up to get Victor Wembayana. This is the only way a small market team can win a championship. It has to be done. Buckle up, crank up the continuous track and let's get to tanking,
The league hates tanking tbh. We will probably end around 20-25 wins, at worse. There's a lot of teams playing for VW too, so it's going to be hard to get THAT bad. Like San Antonio Spurs bad.

REMEMBER,

Memphis won 33 games the year they got the 2nd pick to get Ja Morant. Tanking doesn't grant you the 1st pick in the draft.