What's new

This jazz team is going to be an absolute abomination.

I'm not gonna lie... I'm pretty excited to see this team play. Sexton is gonna be pretty fun. Dude goes hard. Then you have Simone and Lauri opening up the court... I'm excited to see what those two can do... I know Lauri has been around a while but the injuries derailed him quite a bit early in his career and last year he was a square peg in a round hole. Ochai is interesting 3 and D prospect. I think Vando has a 50% chance he gets moved if we go full tank... if not that guy plays his *** off. See what we have in Kessler and Doke (I don't hate Doke but I hated that pick... I sincerely hope the kid gets a chance this year cuz he's had to deal with some stuff that is tough). Beasley could be a great redemption story too.

I don't think this team is an abomination at all. I think THT is the only player I'm not excited about watching. Bolmaro and NAW don't excite me much but who knows. My guy JB has been a full afterthought here. As long as we move one of Conley or JC he will get some time to see what is there (summer league was dreadful though). Just hope we don't end up with too many vets left over and seeing a Ty Corbin style coaching approach (fairly confident that doesn't happen).

Your post had me feeling good but you had to bring up Corbin didn't you?

Middle of the country, small market, non player destination cities such as Minnesota and Cleveland were garbage a few years ago and are now strong playoff contenders due to having drafted young potential franchise players. They struck and traded picks while they have the likes of Ant, Garland, Mobley still on rookie contracts. It only takes a few years of 'tanking', ( I really hate that word), to hit on draft picks if you have a smart FO making the picks. This past season was such a drag. It was clear the Rudy/Don team was a dead esp since they had so few assets to work with. Honestly I'd much rather watch the kids out there hustling even if it means more mistakes on the court and way fewer wins this season.

Ainge is armed with so many draft picks it's only a matter of time until this team is in contention and everyone is jumping back on the bandwagon.

Hell yes.