What's new

This pisses me off real bad

The worst place for litter? Major highways. You can pull over on literally any busy highway at literally any point and there will be trash everywhere. Too much to even attempt to pick up cause you wouldn't make a dent.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

No doubt. It’s absurd. On an off ramp a mile from my house there is always a ton of garbage. I’m guessing cars as they get on the ramp realize nobody ahead can see them and nobody behind can either if they seen no one is behind them in the rearview. Pisses me off.

Last edited:
I would like to live in wyoming. Or Idaho. Montana. Etc.

My stepdad’s been out to Wyoming a few times. A couple times on dude ranches for like three weeks. Yellowstone. Maybe another time or two tbh. That’s where he’d like to live. If it wasn’t for my mom and his grandkids, he would.

Man, I recall this property in Maine I had my eye on about 4-5 years ago. 310 grand. 120 acres. A lake. Beautiful rolling land. A house that probably needed a good 80-150K in fixing up. Still. I loved the idea of having a retreat for us to venture to every summer for an extended time, the kids running around uninhibited, playing like kids do, exploring nature, fishing, hiking, picnics. The timing wasn’t quite right for us but it might be in a couple years.

In what way? Litter or people simply hitting up natural areas that had once been far less frequented?

Litter isn't too bad actually, except for dog **** on the trails.

More just a lot of the popular hikes you're doing with a stream of people. Closest/only lake/reservoir is packed. Not the same place I grew up with is all.

Litter isn't too bad actually, except for dog **** on the trails.

The worst part about dog **** on walking trails is the people who actually take the time to pick it up in little plastic bags, but then proceed to just leave the ****-filled plastic bags on the trail. I mean, WTF?

This honestly makes me want to go around and clean up my whole block. There are 16 houses on my block. Virtually no garbage. But I still want to do it. Almost want to do my whole side of a certain road. About 125-150 houses on this side. Might do that this summer and have the kids help.

So this has me wondering. I’ve said I will teach eight more years and retire. I wonder if I went to my town about 1-2 years before I retired with a proposal and told them, upon retirement, I’d like to have a job in town whereby I clean all pollution over the course of a year. I’d go in with data that shows pollution, or lack thereof, to real estate/community value. I’d have a mapped out plan of the entire town and a schedule for which exact parts of town I would clean when and why. They could pay me ****ing minimum wage for all I care and part-time would be preferred. Like 9-2 three days a week for 15 hours a week.

That would be $11,700 a year and make up for what I’d be losing by retiring a couple years early.

Not sure if it’s that worth it. Maybe if I did 8:30-2:30 three days a week. That’s be over 16 grand. I don’t know. I feel like the value it would add to the town would easily be worth it for them. It would also save DPW guys work (storm drains and such) and free them up for other work.

Last edited:
The worst part about dog **** on walking trails is the people who actually take the time to pick it up in little plastic bags, but then proceed to just leave the ****-filled plastic bags on the trail. I mean, WTF?

"Oh I'm just gonna get it on my way down! Don't wanna ruin my entire hike with the smell, bro!"

Spoiler alert: they don't pick it up on their way down. Assholes.

This honestly makes me want to go around and clean up my whole block. There are 16 houses on my block. Virtually no garbage. But I still want to do it. Almost want to do my whole side of a certain road. About 125-150 houses on this side. Might do that this summer and have the kids help.

Growing up my parents had us walk a few miles on each side of the road, picking up all the trash out of the grade.

We're in the country, so it's mainly people chucking their road beers, but man, lotta trash. I'll have my kids do the same. Makes the place look nice. Where you live and how it looks shows everybody that comes by that at the very least, you'll take care of things. From a business standpoint, very valuable.

Grew up in Utah. My best friends stayed there... live in NorCal for the last 15 years... I’d never go back. I think internal growth with big families that want to stay is what causes a lot of growth... the government is much more business friendly and will pull in transplants, but I don’t think you need to worry. People aren’t in a hurry to leave and outside of the major metropolis areas there doesn’t seem to be the hyper inflation that allows Bay Area families to sell their houses and pay cash for something else and live comfortably. I’d welcome a few more Bay Area relocations in my neighborhood... they pay cash and push property values higher. Growth is inevitable... we gonna pave paradise and put up a parking lot... maybe pandemic is Mother Nature hitting the reset.

Ya. Just leave the dog **** without the bag please

Think I’m gonna try to do my whole side of a certain road next Sunday. Went up and down the neighborhood roads. Probably more like 200 houses. Didn’t look God awful. I’m thinking I’ll collect 2, maybe 3 30 gallon bags of trash. Empty lots with trees looks the worst as expected. I’ll start at 5am. Hopefully I don’t get shot.

Montana is great. I'd live in Livingston. Trouble is when you move there, you're just contributing to the growth. And that is what drove you mad about the once great place that you just left.

Many times you're just better off learning to cope with where you are.

Relationships are similar I guess...

Anyway this song comes to mind.

Here come the artists with their intense faces,
With their need for money and quiet spaces.
They leave New York, they leave L.A.
Here they are - who knows how long they'll stay -
Refrão:
It's a Boomtown
Got another Boomtown
And it'll boom
Just as long as boom has room.
Here come the tourists with their blank stares,
With their fanny packs - they are penny millionaires.
Something interesting happened here long time ago.
Now where people used to live their lives the restless
Come and go.
Refrão
Nice to meet you, nice to see you
In a sheepskin coat made in Korea.
Welcome to the new age, the new century.
Welcome to a town with no real reason to be.
Refrão
The rich build sensitive houses and pass their staff around.
For the rest of us, it's trailers on the outskirts of town.
We carry them their coffee, wash their shiny cars,
Hear all about how lucky we are
To be living in a ...
Refrão
The guy from California moves in and relaxes.
The natives have to move - they cannot pay the taxes.
Santa Fe has had it. Sedona has, too.
Maybe you'll be lucky - maybe your town will be the new...

Montana is great. I'd live in Livingston. Trouble is when you move there, you're just contributing to the growth. And that is what drove you mad about the once great place that you just left.

Many times you're just better off learning to cope with where you are.

Relationships are similar I guess...

Anyway this song comes to mind.

Here come the artists with their intense faces,
With their need for money and quiet spaces.
They leave New York, they leave L.A.
Here they are - who knows how long they'll stay -
Refrão:
It's a Boomtown
Got another Boomtown
And it'll boom
Just as long as boom has room.
Here come the tourists with their blank stares,
With their fanny packs - they are penny millionaires.
Something interesting happened here long time ago.
Now where people used to live their lives the restless
Come and go.
Refrão
Nice to meet you, nice to see you
In a sheepskin coat made in Korea.
Welcome to the new age, the new century.
Welcome to a town with no real reason to be.
Refrão
The rich build sensitive houses and pass their staff around.
For the rest of us, it's trailers on the outskirts of town.
We carry them their coffee, wash their shiny cars,
Hear all about how lucky we are
To be living in a ...
Refrão
The guy from California moves in and relaxes.
The natives have to move - they cannot pay the taxes.
Santa Fe has had it. Sedona has, too.
Maybe you'll be lucky - maybe your town will be the new...

Do you like wind and pretentious "artists"? You'll love Livingston!