What's new

This ****s fun, ya'll

Bodhi

Contributor
This whole season. Quin changing this teams culture and defense, G Time becoming a legit star, Rudy becoming a complete savage, Booker's energy, Favors becoming confident and consistent, Kanter not backing down against the Clippers the other night.

We have no Alec Burks which is a major loss, on top of zero depth or guard play, yet these dudes are going toe to toe, and sometimes beating, the best teams in this league, regardless.

I'm genuinely really excited for the rest of the season, draft, offseason, summer league, camp and next season to continue to watch this team grow. Hats off to DL and Quin. This is the most I've cared in a very long time, regardless of record.

That is all.

good post

I should read it all.

I'll give you a summary.

"I'm really happy with our coach and players, and I can't wait for next season when we get our injured players back. This season has been fun despite record."

I can't begin to imagine how much fun this team is going to be when we actually have legit starters at the guards. Having said that, we have 2 big holes to be filled and until we fill them, we can't take for granted that they WILL be automatically filled. With a little luck in the lottery and/or a significant trade, hopefully we can fill both holes by next year.

I do believe that we will make pf next year. it will depend on exum's progress and new draft pick

I said last season the Jazz could easily be a 50% team, and I think they might have been this season if it weren't for a coaching change making the first 20 or so games difficult on them, plus with Alec going down and thinning the bench significantly. I'm glad they're not yet, but seeing the potential right now is fun.

They have a legit shot at copying the Detroit/Atlanta model if a bit of luck runs our way. Well, a bit more because Rudy and Gordon.

Going to be super fun if Kanter isn't on the team so I don't have to watch him play bad defense or not pass the ball at all.

I said last season the Jazz could easily be a 50% team, and I think they might have been this season if it weren't for a coaching change making the first 20 or so games difficult on them, plus with Alec going down and thinning the bench significantly. I'm glad they're not yet, but seeing the potential right now is fun.

They have a legit shot at copying the Detroit/Atlanta model if a bit of luck runs our way. Well, a bit more because Rudy and Gordon.
No Alec and no Hood had hurt the team's scoring capacity a lot. I expect much better offense and win record when they are healthy. Hood is important to fill in for anyone who needs to rest and charge up for a few minutes and closes the liability in perimeter scoring. Defensively though...

Hood has been shooting the ball worse than Ingles, so I'm not sure if his absence really hurts our team (in the short run at least). Ingles and Millsap are both better defenders than Hood. Hood is certainly more aggressive offensively though.

Hood has been shooting the ball worse than Ingles, so I'm not sure if his absence really hurts our team (in the short run at least). Ingles and Millsap are both better defenders than Hood. Hood is certainly more aggressive offensively though.
He can only get better from beyond the arc. I'd like to think of it as his problem in the foot. And he has some sweet moves driving in the lane with the ball. But Ingles' bbiq was a great change of air for this roster.

I'm thrilled with the team so far this season. The growth over the last month and a half has been huge. Especially defensively. Jazz just went toe to toe with the #1, #4 and #5 teams in the west and came out 1-2 and the two losses were by a combined 6 points. Tonight the Jazz face the #2 team in the west. A team the Jazz beat on the road. So they have proven that they can play at the elite level.
Next step for me is the Jazz showing they can maintain that level and start beating the bottom dwellers like Boston.

This season is amazing!!!

#BelieveInSnyder

Not to mention that this is with a new coaching staff, a very young team, an injured starter, an injured rotation player, two rookies and two Sophmores getting heavy minutes and a D-League call up!

I'm thrilled with the team so far this season. The growth over the last month and a half has been huge. Especially defensively. Jazz just went toe to toe with the #1, #4 and #5 teams in the west and came out 1-2 and the two losses were by a combined 6 points. Tonight the Jazz face the #2 team in the west. A team the Jazz beat on the road. So they have proven that they can play at the elite level.
Next step for me is the Jazz showing they can maintain that level and start beating the bottom dwellers like Boston.

This season is amazing!!!

#BelieveInSnyder

It's like when you wake up to another morning, the baby suddenly breaks out to become a human being that communicates with you. Then you know he/she's growing fast.

Agree. Hood's absence is negligible, although teams are probably less willing to play off him than they have been with Jingles. Bottom line is that Ingles can be a great fit on the second unit. He doesn't need or even want to shoot a lot. So a perfect guy to co-exist with players like Burke, Kanter, Booker, Hood and even Burks if Alec becomes a 6th man. I MIGHT say Jingles could be the 5th starter - EXCEPT for having Gobert in the middle and Dante at PG. If you have a front line of Rudy, Derrick and Gordon, Jazz absolutely need shooters at PG and SG. Exum puts Utah at a huge disadvantage right now. He's playing some defense, but not giving the Jazz much else. He really isn't more than a 3rd-string PG at the moment.

If I were Lindsey, I'd look for a starting SG who can actually shoot. Burks was making strides, but he's still better at driving to the hoop. Unfortunately, if Utah needs to "hide" Dante instead of planting his sorry *** on the bench or sending him to the DLeague (which is exactly what I think they should do), he'll have to start so he can just hand the ball to Hayward to run the offense. And that means keeping Kanter as a starter for his offense.

Then Burke and Burks (and Booker) can be the scorers off the bench, with Ingles the facilitator and Gobert the defensive anchor. I really want Rudy to start, but Utah has no consistet outside shooters if the backcourt is Burks and Exum. Just don't see that working.