What's new

This team needs a makeover

If Dinwiddie is the guy we sign then we won't need max space. I'd guess his market is 15-20M per. I'm still a little dubious... though I liked him dating back to his draft year. I'm not sure how his defense is... RPM hates his defense... defense is tough to measure.

How many of us would swap Exum for Bjelica straight up? I'm guessing like 85-90%. I hope his contract doesn't come back to haunt us... we needed a few things to work out for us to "level up" and that was one.

If Dinwiddie is the guy we sign then we won't need max space. I'd guess his market is 15-20M per. I'm still a little dubious... though I liked him dating back to his draft year. I'm not sure how his defense is... RPM hates his defense... defense is tough to measure.
It's going to be at least 20 million.

It's going to be at least 20 million.

Maybe... if he continues his strong shooting... he is a ways over his career BKN #s right now... I don't count the Detroit years since he was recovering from injury. If he regresses to something closer to those numbers he may not even get $15M.

So we didn't pull the trigger on a Mirotic deal last season and we didn't try to get bargain Bjelica in the summer.

Do we find a stretch 4 before the deadline? Or do we just keep Favors past the deadline and this summer too?
Considering they haven't done a damn thing to meaningfully address this matter in the ****ing 3-5 years this has been a big question for the organization, you know the answer.

the exum contract is absolute wankery

Exum's contract isn't that bad. Gordon Hayward at $30 million cripples. $11 million for a small market team that doesn't attract talent isn't that bad at all. Remember, we spend $9 million Udoh and Thabo.

Exum's contract isn't that bad. Gordon Hayward at $30 million cripples. $11 million for a small market team that doesn't attract talent isn't that bad at all. Remember, we spend $9 million Udoh and Thabo.

It's bad for what Exum gives you. Haywards contract is a killer because of a career altering injury. Unless Exum improves substantially, that contract was a mistake.

Considering they haven't done a damn thing to meaningfully address this matter in the ****ing 3-5 years this has been a big question for the organization, you know the answer.

And it would be different if we had a young prospect we'd drafted at that position or in that function... then you don't want to block their ability to get on the court. I mean we have Niang that I think will play eventually, but we don't have a Trey Lyles anymore.

We've done some big things right... the stuff around the fringes has been puzzling.

The reason I wanted Exum back was there was a chance based on what he did last year that a significant leap was coming and it would be a value deal. I just wish we had this 20 game sample last year to go with the other games he played last year.

It's bad for what Exum gives you. Haywards contract is a killer because of a career altering injury. Unless Exum improves substantially, that contract was a mistake.

A mistake, yes. Crippling, not at all in any way.