What's new

Thoughts and Prayers

So all these mass shooters killed all those people because they were starving and had an instinct to eat them? The stupidest analogy one would come up with. Just beyond stupendous.

Much like health care, the rest of the industrialized world has figured out this gun violence issue. However, Americans tend to believe in “American Exceptionalism.” The result of which is a terrible ignorance about the rest of the world and a terrible arrogance preventing them to even care about learning about the rest of the world.

We could resolve gun violence in one month if we enacted Australia like reforms today.

Sadly, most Americans cant even find Australia on the map. They think it’s someplace in Europe nearby Germany.

Reactions: MVP
One important factoid to remember, polls consistently indicate that 85 percent of Americans support gun control. Only 3 percent of the population owns 50 percent of the guns. Gun nuts are the minority. Much like trump supporters, they’re the loud yet mobilized minority.

It’s time for the majority to become just as engaged and wipe this scum out. We need sensible gun control, fair economic and tax policy, immigration that makes sense, science-driven environmental policy, and a leader who will stand up to cyber warfare from Russia.

I've been to Honduras 8 times, very strict gun laws there. Check the murder rates. People are clawing and risking their lives to get the USA

Magazines capable of holding over 10 rounds have been around for at least 150 years, yet only in the last few years are they being advantageously used for mass killings. Why? Must be because guns have changed. Take away guns from law abiding citizens and crooks will still have them. Anyone with a serious desire to own one would still be able to. If you were somehow able to get rid of all guns (can't, won't happen, and shouldn't), other methods would be used for mass slaughter, some of which would be even more devastating. Suicide bombs, other explosive devices placed just right to level buildings, vehicles used at just the right time in the right venue, etc. I almost think it's hilarious how few people some of you on here believe own guns. Just because they don't flaunt them doesn't change or eliminate their existence. There are millions of guns exactly like the one used in Florida, including a bunch that have no trail as to where they came from or who they belong to. Guns definitely make it easier for people wanting to do massive harm to innocent people, even I won't argue that. But it's ignorance to think taking guns from the average person is going to change anything. Let's just continue to sow seeds of hate, allow people to do whatever they want/feels good/feels right etc, and then pray not to reap what was sown. What's sad is to look at the % of the mass killings done by people (men) from broken homes, but oh yeah, this is just about guns. Symptom or problem?

I've been to Honduras 8 times, very strict gun laws there. Check the murder rates. People are clawing and risking their lives to get the USA

You're comparing one of the poorest countries in this hemisphere to the United States.

It's sad how we keep going in circles in this debate. The right just keeps repeating the same tired 3-4 lines over and over and over again.

They either aren't listening or know they're wrong but don't want to admit it.

hmmmm maybe go to a country that actually follows the law and have strict gun law?

like Japan or Korea? I never worried about someone shooting me when I walked around the city around 3 am.

This will never happen in USA tho. too many guns are out there. even strict gun laws will not solve the issue. we have to start from somewhere tho. not sure what the solution is honestly.

Reactions: MVP
hmmmm maybe go to a country that actually follows the law and have strict gun law?

like Japan or Korea? I never worried about someone shooting me when I walked around the city around 3 am.

This will never happen in USA tho. too many guns are out there. even strict gun laws will not solve the issue. we have to start from somewhere tho. not sure what the solution is honestly.

There are a lot of things we can do to get guns out of circulation. We haven’t even tried anything yet.

Australia sponsored a program to buy back assault weapons. It was extremely successful.

I’d personally like to see:

1. Insurance programs mandatory for every gun owner, just like car insurance. The more lethal the weapon the higher the annual/monthly insurance premium will be.
2. Mandatory training for certain weapons.
3. Outlaw consumer to consumer deals. Only licensed dealers should be able to buy and sell weapons to consumers.
4. High capacity magazines, assault weapons, and bump stocks outlawed.
5. Comprehensive background checks that look into one’s social media activity, job reviews, and school grades. Had this been in effect, then this *** clown would’ve never been able to legally purchase a weapon.

There are a lot of things we can do to get guns out of circulation. We haven’t even tried anything yet.

Australia sponsored a program to buy back assault weapons. It was extremely successful.

I’d personally like to see:

1. Insurance programs mandatory for every gun owner, just like car insurance. The more lethal the weapon the higher the annual/monthly insurance premium will be.
2. Mandatory training for certain weapons.
3. Outlaw consumer to consumer deals. Only licensed dealers should be able to buy and sell weapons to consumers.
4. High capacity magazines, assault weapons, and bump stocks outlawed.
5. Comprehensive background checks that look into one’s social media activity, job reviews, and school grades. Had this been in effect, then this *** clown would’ve never been able to legally purchase a weapon.

Good stuff there

Yes, we did. The data doesn't support your position.

Industrialized nations who have gun control experience lower gun violence rates than those that don't.

Facts matter

How many of those industrialized nations have the ghettos or drug trade we have?

Thriller, what do you consider to be common sense or sensible gun control?

I think he might have me on ignore, so if anybody else would like to ask him, that would be appreciated. Thanks!

did I politely exit this argument? then have scum suckers start quoting me?

anyone else want on the ignore list?

How many of those industrialized nations have the ghettos or drug trade we have?

Most industrialized countries have a similar drug trade to the US, you guys just kill each more over drugs than the rest of the world. Probably because of the wide spread access to firearms...

There are ghettos in the UK, some of those council estates are pretty horrible and you know Scotland... Parts of Belfast are pretty ****ed, we thankfully have nothing like your ghettos here.

Thriller, what do you consider to be common sense or sensible gun control?

I think he might have me on ignore, so if anybody else would like to ask him, that would be appreciated. Thanks!

Our laws seem to work pretty well...

There's this little constitutional amendment that gets in the way of all these solutions. That's the place to start, thriller, if you're serious. And what do you think your chances are on that? I mean, you've got the majority, right?

did I politely exit this argument? then have scum suckers start quoting me?

anyone else want on the ignore list?

Mmmmm..... scum