What's new

Thoughts on Trading Bogdanvic

Isaac injury history worries me. The guys missed 60% of the games in his young career due to injury so it would be a massive gamble. He's basically a more polished version of Jaden McDaniels made of glass, which makes it more sad that we went for Doke instead.

Last edited:
It’s actually 6 months so mid January is correct… checked a couple articles.

I think you’d almost have to trade JC for something and then trade Bogey for Smart to make it work roster wise. Doubt they’d go JC for Smart given their ball sharing issues.

I don’t know what to think about Smart anymore. If he was open to doing whatever it takes to win I’d get him because you could use him at virtually any non-center position… if he’s going to whine about touches and try to be a ball handling guard then we have issues.

I think JC for Smart does make more sense roster size....I see the concern with size if you move Bogey but at the same time I would also trust Smart in any defensive situation (even those that require size) than Bogey. Smart is crazy competitor and built like a tank. I know his rebounding numbers are low...so maybe my eyes are deceiving me. I'd prefer to move JC because that's a natural fit in the rotation but I'm open to moving Bogey too. I'd have to think about that one more.

There's been a lot of turmoil in Boston lately. They have seen a bunch of players leave and not all of them are crazy like Kyrie. Hayward and Kemba did not seem to leave on good terms either. To me it seems like Boston is the problem so I wouldn't be too concerned about Smart being the one to act out. I think more than anything he just wants to play for a good winning team with good structure and we have that.

Boston has a weird roster, I don't know what their plan is or how they intend to improve their roster. Despite losing Hayward and Kemba in consecutive years they still have problems with enough touches. They may not want JC or maybe even Bogey, but I think that the value is fairly equal across the 3 players. It's easier to made these trades in the summer when teams are still building their rosters. Smart is one to keep an eye on for sure.

I think JC for Smart does make more sense roster size....I see the concern with size if you move Bogey but at the same time I would also trust Smart in any defensive situation (even those that require size) than Bogey. Smart is crazy competitor and built like a tank. I know his rebounding numbers are low...so maybe my eyes are deceiving me. I'd prefer to move JC because that's a natural fit in the rotation but I'm open to moving Bogey too. I'd have to think about that one more.

There's been a lot of turmoil in Boston lately. They have seen a bunch of players leave and not all of them are crazy like Kyrie. Hayward and Kemba did not seem to leave on good terms either. To me it seems like Boston is the problem so I wouldn't be too concerned about Smart being the one to act out. I think more than anything he just wants to play for a good winning team with good structure and we have that.

Boston has a weird roster, I don't know what their plan is or how they intend to improve their roster. Despite losing Hayward and Kemba in consecutive years they still have problems with enough touches. They may not want JC or maybe even Bogey, but I think that the value is fairly equal across the 3 players. It's easier to made these trades in the summer when teams are still building their rosters. Smart is one to keep an eye on for sure.
Smart's contract is a bit worrisome. The way he plays I don't think he has a long shelf-life.

Boston really had a wonky offseason. The random extension they gave Richardson is already looking bad. They are a confusing bunch to figure out.

Smart is basically a guard version of Crowder. A good defender in theory but advance metrics says otherwise. Has shown time and time again that he can make clutch play and hit big time shots, but only shooting 37% overall and 32% from deep in his career. His personality on and off the court can also be a double-edge sword, as shown by his criticism made towards Boston FO and teammates in public. I think it's a case of sunk cost effect with Celtics right now and they would love someone to take Smart off their hand.

and keep in mind Smart also refused to work out for us before the 2014 draft, having publicly expressed his desire to play for one of the big market teams like LA, Boston and Philly. somewhere you could hear oneye licking his lips.

Last edited:
yeah, Josh Hart is playing his heart out for the pels right now and he still has three years left on his deal. He could be the perfect Royce insurance(and vice versa) but a deal seems unfeasible at the moment

Trading Bogey for Smart is such a bad idea, lol. I can't believe it. For starters, Bogey is a much better player! And he's a better fit. This isn't about anyone in particular, but sometimes I think fans push for trades to happen not to make a better basketball team, but because they really want a trade to happen. And the grass is always greener on the other side etc.

Bogey is an elite third option, and we really need him. I actually wish we ran more stuff for him in our offense, or let him run the second unit instead of JC. He's sacrificed a lot of his shots that he would get on another team for our offense. JC should not be taking more shots than him, but it's where the team is at right now.