What's new

Thoughts the morning after - 10/28/10

The biggest problem I had with the team was the complete lack of emotion. The guys looked like they were running in cement. Denver certainly added a few pieces that played well. There were too many dumb passes, missed layups and jumpshots and a lack of focus. Where was the energy? The team just rolled over which is the last thing I expected. I can take losing but when you do not compete it is embarrassing.

The biggest disappointment to me was CJ. If he doesn't play well off the bench the Jazz will struggle scoring.

I know it is one game but at least show up and be in the game mentally.

How can the Jazz even get anything going when the refs won't even let the players onto the floor??

That game had one the longest, and most boring halfs I've ever seen in NBA basketball.

The refs obviously made an example of the Jazz last night.

Besides the two rookies and bell the jazz looked gassed almost from opening tip. So much for the tough Utah jazz training camp. Maybe they just had the heat turned up way too high in the building on the jazz players. Cause not only al was sweating profusely and early.

Kirilenko is by far our best defender. ..

...frankly, he was completely worthless on defense last night....and could easily win the most OVERRATED defender in the league award....but can't, because you have to be rated first...to be overrated! If we resign this guy for more than 5 million a year.....we should have our heads examined!

...frankly, he was completely worthless on defense last night....and could easily win the most OVERRATED defender in the league award....but can't, because you have to be rated first...to be overrated! If we resign this guy for more than 5 million a year.....we should have our heads examined!

u may b rite, but im preety sure your rong

This is a hasty appraisal.

meh, maybe you're right. Raja did get 12 points and went to the foul line 6 times-not as bad as I thought, but still the 2-3 spot still seems thin to me.

CJ & AK looked like summer additions or rookies not the veterans. If Jefferson struggles then a wing has to be able to score.

Yeah, he held Melo to 0/4 in the first. Crappy, overrated defense.

It should be mentioned that Big Al took 6 shots the whole game. 6 shots. He should get that many touches in a quarter.

I agree with what has already been said about us showing no emotion or competitiveness whatsoever.

Also, it seemed like we could not get into our offense at all. Jefferson barely got any touches, and when he did, it was at places where he could not be effective. I don't understand why Dwill wasn't driving to the hoop more.. I mean all the team did was shoot jumpshots the entire game. You would think Dwill would try to take over the scoring load with how we struggled. Why did he wait until the 3rd quarter to get aggressive?

I was so annoyed by the "instant replays". Are they going to start giving coaches flags to throw if they feel the call was not correct? The whole technical foul thing is straight up lame as well. Why does the NBA have such a hard time officiating?

That Jazz game last night was Inconceivable!

Irregardless!

AK did a fine job on Melo. Just got in foul trouble. Offensively to careless with the ball. Agree with a lot about Jefferson, but he was also double teamed constantly. Despite the haters when Memo comes back he is going to help immensely take pressure off Jefferson.

meh, maybe you're right. Raja did get 12 points and went to the foul line 6 times-not as bad as I thought, but still the 2-3 spot still seems thin to me.

CJ & AK looked like summer additions or rookies not the veterans. If Jefferson struggles then a wing has to be able to score.

I'm hoping that these guys are still kinda settling in, and that they will soon find their groove. Besides, Denver was primed to have a great game - season opener, Karl back, Melo back... I doubt it will last.

The whole technical foul thing is straight up lame as well. Why does the NBA have such a hard time officiating?

The NBA, under Stern, is a facist regime. First they try to exert control over a player's off-court behavior, and punish them for things like goin into the stands and punchin out a few hecklers. Next damn thing ya know, they fining them for their appearance, if they don't "dress right," but even that aint enough. They will stop at nuthin less that complete thought control, and will now punish ya for even thinkin a certain way if you give the slightest, even non-verbal, indication of what your thoughts are.

Stern, a name that will live in infamy. Right up there with Hitler, Stalin, and the rest of them despicable dictators, know what I'm sayin?