What's new

Thread for misc Jazz News leading up to training camp

IDK guys… my buddy played in the NFL and played college at Oregon… said he LOVED to come through Utah and cleaned up on those road trips.
Yes, if you are a college athlete and your goals are to bag women, then any city's nightclub will satisfy your needs.

NBA players have their sights set on a different demographic. Why do you think half of NBA players marry/date IG models, not regular *** people and nearly 100% of them live in California in the off-season?

IDK why this always comes up and people feel the need to argue about it. Listen to NBA players talk about Utah/SLC. Just because your college friend like SLC doesnt mean NBA players do.

Doesnt mean everyone hates it. Like Sexton said, it's kind of alright like Cleveland.

I honestly thought Dennis Lindsey had a great approach to making SLC/Utah attractive for NBA players. Focus on being family friendly and a place players can focus on their game. Dont try to be cool. You arent attracting the young star looking for his first big contract, you are getting the UFA on his 3rd/4th contract who probably has a family.

Yes, if you are a college athlete and your goals are to bag women, then any city's nightclub will satisfy your needs.

NBA players have their sights set on a different demographic. Why do you think half of NBA players marry/date IG models, not regular *** people and nearly 100% of them live in California in the off-season?
Bruh you just want to argue on everything… was simply providing a perspective of one young black athlete… sheesh

Ryan Smith should do his thing. He's sincere. The technology angle is good. He should add a little bit more Tony Robbins in his flair. That kind of stuff would appeal to ambitious young players

Ryan Smith should do his thing. He's sincere. The technology angle is good. He should add a little bit more Tony Robbins in his flair. That kind of stuff would appeal to ambitious young players
I can’t say that Ryan Smith was behind the Sexton quote shirts, but that’s kinda the vibe I’d get from Smith doing this. Sexton was asked to give an opinion, which may have most likely been something pulled out of his *** when you’re looking to say something nice (not that he hates it or has any problem being here). But to make that quote into some type of hype shirt and have the players wear it is a little ridiculous. It would remind me of working for a company who, though I may not hate it, I’m not all rosy about it and they do some kind of promo and ask you your favorite thing about it, then you give some answer that doesn’t truly reflect your entire opinion, then they market your statement. You and your coworkers laugh about it when they hype something that came out of your ***. I doubt most iterations of Jazz teams see themselves as outsiders who have coke together to identify with the city of Utah, but we as fans do, and we superimpose it on the players.

I can’t say that Ryan Smith was behind the Sexton quote shirts, but that’s kinda the vibe I’d get from Smith doing this. Sexton was asked to give an opinion, which may have most likely been something pulled out of his *** when you’re looking to say something nice (not that he hates it or has any problem being here). But to make that quote into some type of hype shirt and have the players wear it is a little ridiculous. It would remind me of working for a company who, though I may not hate it, I’m not all rosy about it and they do some kind of promo and ask you your favorite thing about it, then you give some answer that doesn’t truly reflect your entire opinion, then they market your statement. You and your coworkers laugh about it when they hype something that came out of your ***. I doubt most iterations of Jazz teams see themselves as outsiders who have coke together to identify with the city of Utah, but we as fans do, and we superimpose it on the players.
One of the firms I worked for made nice firm polos… like a Nike golf shirt with the firm name on it. They wanted employees to buy them… like no discount or anything. It was then I knew I couldn’t stay there.

This has nothing to do with the Jazz short situation but I was reminded of it and started typing. Shrug.

One of the firms I worked for made nice firm polos… like a Nike golf shirt with the firm name on it. They wanted employees to buy them… like no discount or anything. It was then I knew I couldn’t stay there.

This has nothing to do with the Jazz short situation but I was reminded of it and started typing. Shrug.
“We saw your family vacation photos on facebook. Looked like fun! Hey, we noticed you weren’t wearing any of the company merch…”

The whole point of marketing is to affect perceptions and change them for the better. The problem in being fair about it is that it has a counterforce in antimarketing. Vast majority of marketing is based on overblown statements or pure BS, but so is antimarketing. Hype is needed just because if you set the bar at a realistic level then its gonna end up well below it once the haters get to work.

Some marketing people these days take the different approach by using self-irony or sarcasm to turn antimarketing into a positive meme. In our case that would mean the T-shirts say something like "Boring af" or "As white as it gets", but I'm no sure our players would appreciate wearing those shirts nor that they would resonate positively.

This week is going by so slow, I can't wait for another Jazz season.

Please post more Jazz videos (vintage or current) to help me get through this week.
What game was is when Lauri received a long pass all the way from the end line and made the basket but a fraction of a second late? Who made that pass? I’d like to see it again. Anyone?

What game was is when Lauri received a long pass all the way from the end line and made the basket but a fraction of a second late? Who made that pass? I’d like to see it again. Anyone?
Found it. It was Vando who made that great pass.