What's new

Time ForThe " Rodney Hood" Hype

sojodave

After last nights practice, I'm ready to declare open season for Rodney Hood hype. His jumper is beautiful and I was really impressed how he could fake, put it on the floor, and get to the rim. I may be a little delusional, but...

Hood > Jabari Parker
Hood > Aaron Gordon (His summer league jump shot is uglier than I thought)
Hood > Harrison Barnes (take that GSW tankers)
Hood > Wiggins
Hood > Lebron (this one is close, but maybe in a year:)

I may be slightly exaggerating , but I'm still a little too excited about last night.

Reactions: ema
He looked good and that's promising..... but

Lets not get too out of hand. It was scrubs on the other team.

I know I put a typo in the headline, but this is the "HYPE" thread. It's time to get out of hand and declare Rodney Hood the best wing ever...:cool:

He reminds me of Kareem Rush with his release. Not just his left hand. but its is a very smooth shot. Except Hood gets higher on his jump shot which is huge. And I think Hood is more aggressive going to the paint.

He looked good and that's promising..... but

Forget the practice. Hood's college game looked NBA ready and he can shoot lights out. Looks to me like he can p-n-r from day one, which is pretty tough for young point guards let alone a 6'8" dude.

I had Rodney Hood rated as the 12th best player in this draft, higher than Nik Stauskas who went 8th overall.

I was all over the place on Hood throughout the college season, I watched K.J. McDaniels dismantle Duke live and it took a while for me to warm up on Hood after that, but he was a big mover in DX's mocks all season too, anywhere from 8-25 IIRC.

By the end of the process I was sold. I liked what I heard about him from workouts, It seemed to me like there was more than his jumpshot that's NBA ready.

crazy that this will be Alec's 4th year and he will only be 23 (just about to turn 23). Rodney's about to turn 22 and is a rookie.

EDIT: Also, Enes is only 22 (going into 4th year). Enes (4th Year) and Rodney (1st year) are only about 4 months apart in age.

Really like Hood. He is more of a sure bet to be solid - maybe not an all-star - than many who were drafted in front of him. Might even end up being better than Ex.

Rodney's about to turn 22 and is a rookie.

That's probably why he went so late in the draft - scouts are so locked into trying to predict a 19 year olds ceiling that they lose focus of players like Hood.

crazy that this will be Alec's 4th year and he will only be 23 (just about to turn 23). Rodney's about to turn 22 and is a rookie.

EDIT: Also, Enes is only 22 (going into 4th year). Enes (4th Year) and Rodney (1st year) are only about 4 months apart in age.

Oden had just turned 78 when he was drafted.

That's probably why he went so late in the draft - scouts are so locked into trying to predict a 19 year olds ceiling that they lose focus of players like Hood.

That's because there's some pretty damn reliable stats linking age to future NBA performance. I don't recall exactly where, but IIRC it's one of if not the most reliable statistical prediction tool.

Hood will be an outlier.

That's because there's some pretty damn reliable stats linking age to future NBA performance. I don't recall exactly where, but IIRC it's one of if not the most reliable statistical prediction tool.

Hood will be an outlier.

I would imagine that stat is a bit flawed. The players with the biggest talent tend to leave college early (or they came in straight from HS when the league allowed it), so obviously they are going to have high levels of future NBA performance. I think there can be big advantages to players that play for a good college to learn better fundamentals. I am just glad to hear Hood is more athletic that he appeared to be in college.

The big question mark for him (and much of this team) is defensive capability. Team defense can be taught, but really good individual defense requires more than just concepts.

Oden had just turned 78 when he was drafted.
Hardest i have laughed in a while.

Hood is kind of a cross between larry bird, ray allen, bradley beal, reggie miller, lebron, and drexler.......

and michael jordan