What's new

Time ForThe " Rodney Hood" Hype

I can't claim it, and I don't know who to credit, but I love the nick name "Rodney Hood-Prince of Threes".

I would imagine that stat is a bit flawed. The players with the biggest talent tend to leave college early (or they came in straight from HS when the league allowed it), so obviously they are going to have high levels of future NBA performance. I think there can be big advantages to players that play for a good college to learn better fundamentals. I am just glad to hear Hood is more athletic that he appeared to be in college.

The big question mark for him (and much of this team) is defensive capability. Team defense can be taught, but really good individual defense requires more than just concepts.

You should probably read the study before criticizing it.

You should probably read the study before criticizing it.

Not criticizing. It is probably true. I was just saying that logically it makes sense because better talent tends to go to the league early. Do you have a copy of the study?

When we drafted Hood I thought it similar to another player who dropped far in the draft... Not as sexy as Bird... but still nice...

We just drafted:

KAWHI 'smaller hands' HOODARD!!!

Spurs - Jazz connection...

Kawhi fell because he had a jump shot and he was 21 when he was drafted. Hood fell because he was 21 when he was drafted. Both high character guys. Both well rounded players. Kawhi a better defender but with no shot. Hood dropped in a loaded draft with high potential all around.

Dante reminds me more of Tony Parker than the Kobe comparisons. Speed and ability to get into the paint. Drive and kick baby. Spread the floor. Pass around the other guys!!! GIVE ME MORE of that KOOL AID!!!

My chest hurts from having to tie this bra on all last year. I am ready for some comfortable support.

BRA OUT

I know I put a typo in the headline, but this is the "HYPE" thread. It's time to get out of hand and declare Rodney Hood the best wing ever...:cool:

Fair enough

Forget the practice. Hood's college game looked NBA ready and he can shoot lights out. Looks to me like he can p-n-r from day one, which is pretty tough for young point guards let alone a 6'8" dude.

I hear you. I am still very happy we got Hood where we did as I didn't think he would be available when we picked. I like him and his game.
It sounds like Snyder will do lots of pnr and corner 3's, so that should work well for Hood and anyone who can shoot.

I suppose this is not the thread to hold back a little.

I saw a tweet or something where someone ( no clue who) called Hood "Rodney Hood - Prince of Threes". I laughed, it's actually pretty clever and catchy. *edit -- I see it's been mentioned... I'll just say I like it then.

Hardest i have laughed in a while.

Hood is kind of a cross between larry bird, ray allen, bradley beal, reggie miller, lebron, and drexler.......

and michael jordan

It's pretty much like LeBron impregnated all of those other guys. Uncanny. Hood the GOAT. But don't for get Larry Legend. He is Hood's grandpa.

It is good that we aren't building expectations up too much for Hood. Clearly he will be able to exceed the comparisons in this thread.

They called him the Silent Assassin at Duke. Don't know if it is because he rips silent but deadlies, or if he is just a quiet dude.