What's new

tl; dnr (not sure I want to share but feel I should)

The black plight is entrenched in inner-city communities to the point that even though our country has proven through the election of Obama that a black man can get a fair shake, there is still a victim mentality. AND there is still racism. But I think at this point it is the glorification of a debased lifestyle, the lack of role models and the lack of two parents that is dooming so many black communities.
Ya I just think it's weird that there is one minority that has the naacp, it's own history month (black history month), it's own beauty pageants (miss black America), it's own leader has a national holiday (mlk day), it's own tv channel (BET), own award shows, there are more black athletes, black people in popular music, tv and movies, etc etc.
There are many strong famous black leaders.

It seems that the black race has a much greater footprint in American culture than any other minority and is more celebrated and more coddled than any other minority. Yet they seem to struggle to find their place in America more than any other minority. Just a coincidence? Idk

I do find it to be kind of strange though.

Seems like what we have been doing isn't working. Maybe the black race would be better off if they were treated like all the other minorities.

Ya I just think it's weird that there is one minority that has the naacp, it's own history month (black history month), it's own beauty pageants (miss black America), it's own leader has a national holiday (mlk day), it's own tv channel (BET), own award shows, there are more black athletes, black people in popular music, tv and movies, etc etc.
There are many strong famous black leaders.

It seems that the black race has a much greater footprint in American culture than any other minority and is more celebrated and more coddled than any other minority. Yet they seem to struggle to find their place in America more than any other minority. Just a coincidence? Idk

I do find it to be kind of strange though.

Seems like what we have been doing isn't working. Maybe the black race would be better off if they were treated like all the other minorities.

I agree with this. Black and white leaders should hold black communities accountable. Have you listened to hip hop/rap lately? The glorification of debased behavior is what drives much of the music.

I agree with this. Black and white leaders should hold black communities accountable. Have you listened to hip hop/rap lately? The glorification of debased behavior is what drives much of the music.
I also kind of think that all those things that I mentioned that are unique for the black race in America could actually cause someone to be racist towards black people who maybe would not be racist towards them if those things didn't exist.

I feel like America is more racist towards black people than Mexicans, Indians, Chinese, Polynesian, etc. I can't help but wonder if it's partly due to the fact that the black race has all these special segregated things and the fact that black racism is constantly being brought up and shoved in everyone's faces and always trying to point blame somewhere.
Doesn't seem to happen with other races nearly as much and maybe they are better off for it. Fly under the radar a bit maybe. Let people try to forgot about racism for a few seconds and maybe people might actually forget to be racist.

Idk

The inner-city black population is at the root of so much of the discord. Does the inner-city Mexican population have the same problems? I would say probably as far as petty crime and maybe similar in terms of carrying guns. But they listen to happy Mexican music. And their culture has a positive view of taking menial jobs. Black culture, being so heavily influenced by hip hop/rap, glorifies getting something for nothing, treating women like ****(hence the single-parent issue) and acting like everything is going to be alright even though you don't have **** because you're a baller.

Right now my daughter is 6.5 weeks old. She isn't racist. That's a good thing. That should be the goal. But it will be hard for her not to become racist once she learns about it and it gets forced down her throat and she gets told that she is racist simply because of her skin color.

I went to a 4 year olds birthday party recently and there were Mexicans, blacks, whites, and polynesian kids there. They were all playing together and none of them were racist or even cared about race. But eventually society will tell them all about racism and they will probably all change for the worse because of it.