What's new

TNT Tonight

Sneakers

Apparently Korver admitted to Steve Kerr n crew that he intentionally stopped shooting 3s down the stretch last year to preserve his record. I know its often been speculated but apparently we just got it from the horses mouth.

I don't recall the exact details, but Ted Williams was hittin .401 and his manager wanted to sit him out for the last (meaningless) game of the year to make sure he hit over .400. Williams raised hell, and insisted he play. He went 3-4 and ended up hittin .406, or sumthin. Then again, they didn't call Williams "K-Y." They called him "Teddy Ball Game," as in, that's the ball game.

Apparently Korver admitted to Steve Kerr n crew that he intentionally stopped shooting 3s down the stretch last year to preserve his record. I know its often been speculated but apparently we just got it from the horses mouth.

To anyone who saw the games it wasn't exactly speculation. I vividly remember YB posting on the first day of the playoffs that the Jazz would be getting Kyle Korver back from his chronic case of "record preserving-itis."

But hey, I'm sure Korver didn't cost the Jazz a #2 seed or anything.

I don't recall the exact details, but Ted Williams was hittin .401 and his manager wanted to sit him out for the last (meaningless) game of the year to make sure he hit over .400. Williams raised hell, and insisted he play. He went 3-4 and ended up hittin .406, or sumthin. Then again, they didn't call Williams "K-Y." They called him "Teddy Ball Game," as in, that's the ball game.

Close, and I may not be exact, but he was batting .3998 or thereabouts which rounds up to .400, going into the last day of the year, a day on which the Sox actually had a doubleheader. His manager told him he'd sit him if he wanted so he could remain at .400. Williams refused and went something like 6-10 in the doubleheader thus raising his average to .406. Funny, I thought of posting the same exact thing in my initial post but held back.

Good riddance. Not only is he selfish enough to have possibly cost his team games, he's actually stupid enough to admit as much on national television.

And to all of the Korver-humpers/CJ-haters, Korver was streaky as **** also. Which is precisely why he stopped shooting down the stretch, he knew he was streaky.

I don't miss any of the jazz players except for mathews. I have a feeling dwill and sloan feel the same way.

wow that's crazy... except i don't think he was qualified for the record because you have to hit at least 80 a season to be considered a league leader in a stat category... so he won't have the record, regardless.

Apparently? I'll hold off bashing the guy until this is confirmed and shown that KK wasn't being facetious.

wow that's crazy... except i don't think he was qualified for the record because you have to hit at least 80 a season to be considered a league leader in a stat category... so he won't have the record, regardless.

They announced he had the record.