What's new

TNT Tonight

The story went that Korver went like 3-7 one night and his brothers called him to pressure him about keeping the record... "We need the record!". Kerr then pointed out Korver didnt attempt a three the last game of the season.

1. He did qualify with enough attempts
2. He did attempt a 3pt shot in the season finale, it was the 2nd-to-last game he didn't attempt a 3. If there was a game he shut-down shooting 3's, it would've been that one, the 2nd-to-last game of the season in that blowout win in Oakland. He barely played in the season finale with the Suns - particularly Dragic and Richardson - redhot and torching whoever who was guarding them.

A little more of the "K-Y" versus "Ball Game" contrast, from Wiki:

"[During WW II] Williams could have received an easy assignment and played baseball for the Navy. Instead, he joined the V-5 program to become a Naval aviator. Williams was first sent to the Navy's Preliminary Ground School at Amherst College for six months of academic instruction in various subjects including math and navigation, where he achieved a 3.85 grade point average...He was in Pearl Harbor awaiting orders to join the China fleet when the war ended. He finished the war in Hawaii and was released from active duty in January 1946; however he did remain in the reserves."

"On May 1, 1952, at the age of 34, he was recalled to active duty for service in the Korean War. He hadn't flown for some eight years but turned away all offers to sit out the war in comfort as a member of a service baseball team...After eight weeks of refresher flight training and qualification in the F9F Panther jet at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, North Carolina, he was assigned to VMF-311, Marine Aircraft Group 33 (MAG-33), based at K-3 airfield in Pohang, Korea.[14]

"On February 16, 1953, Williams was part of a 35-plane strike package against a tank and infantry training school just south of Pyongyang, North Korea. During the mission a piece of flak knocked out his hydraulics and electrical systems, causing Williams to have to "limp" his plane back to K-13, an Air Force base close to the front lines. For his actions of this day he was awarded the Air Medal. Williams eventually flew 39 combat missions before being pulled from flight status in June 1953 after a hospitalization for pneumonia resulted in discovery of an inner ear infection that disqualified him from flight status."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Williams

Don't exactly sound like nuthin a K-Y would do, eh?

He's easily the worst defensive player in the league. We already have Memo. When we played Memo, Boozer, and Korver we literally only had 2 players playing defense.

We don't need anymore liabilities. I say good riddance. Wesley matthews was 10x the player Korver ever will be.

You're right - for some reason they reduced the minimum back to 55. That's not fair because the 3pt line was farther out back then.
No it wasn't. They moved it in for only a few years in the 90s when scoring was down, but as three point shooting improved (and other rule changes were implemented), the line was moved back. You're not the first to make this claim (...you're in the same club as...carolinajazz...).

Apparently Korver admitted to Steve Kerr n crew that he intentionally stopped shooting 3s down the stretch last year to preserve his record. I know its often been speculated but apparently we just got it from the horses mouth.

That's what I had said quite a few times and was one of the biggest reasons I went from liking Kyle to wanting him gone. The Jazz really needed offense late in the season and he passed up a lot of good looks.

I heard he also intimated he did all of his charity work because he wanted to be known more as a pimp.

If anything he should be shooting more to try to improve his percentage. But caring in the first place is pretty lame.