What's new

To Those That Attack Me For My Beliefs

jazzrule

"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." (Matthew 7:6).

Of course, these words of Jesus are allegorical. I doubt that any were literally casting pearls before swine. The meaning is pretty simple to figure out; "Do not persist in offering what is sacred or of value to those who have no appreciation for it, because your gift will not only become contaminated and be despised, your generous efforts could also be rebuffed and perhaps even openly attacked." (Boy that is for sure)

The "dogs" and "swine" here stand for the unappreciative and worldly; unappreciative and uncaring men and women who belittle the value of what is offered to them. "That which is holy" would be the meat offered in sacrifice to God. A dog could care less whether it came from the altar or the garbage. The swine have no appreciation for either the beauty nor the value of the pearls under their feet.

I will try to limit my sharing of gospel truths in the future for truly it is as the scriptures say.

"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." (Matthew 7:6).

Of course, these words of Jesus are allegorical. I doubt that any were literally casting pearls before swine. The meaning is pretty simple to figure out; "Do not persist in offering what is sacred or of value to those who have no appreciation for it, because your gift will not only become contaminated and be despised, your generous efforts could also be rebuffed and perhaps even openly attacked." (Boy that is for sure)

The "dogs" and "swine" here stand for the unappreciative and worldly; unappreciative and uncaring men and women who belittle the value of what is offered to them. "That which is holy" would be the meat offered in sacrifice to God. A dog could care less whether it came from the altar or the garbage. The swine have no appreciation for either the beauty nor the value of the pearls under their feet.

I will try to limit my sharing of gospel truths in the future for truly it is as the scriptures say.
Eat my ***.

You attacked others with your beliefs.

Let's keep this **** straight.

For someone to think it is perfectly wonderful to tell others that they are mistaken in their beliefs, but telling them that they will suffer incomprehensible punishments because of their mistaken faith and then to take offense when the people they are telling that to are not only not impressed, not convinced, and not in the least worried.

You don't have a God because God isn't real.

If you can tell me he is real I can tell you he's not. If that's not a conversation you want to have then keep your mouth shut.

I think that the vast majority of people who you encounter who do not believe in God and/or your version of God were raised in a religious household to some extent. I was not. I have never been religious. I never had a crisis of faith. I never lost faith. I'm not tainted by faith. It has always been an incredibly absurd thing to me. It is honestly so incredibly ridiculous to believe in an invisible sky daddy I can't even comprehend how people look at themselves in the mirror and fool themselves into thinking it's real.

Do not cast your pearls before swine indeed. Take your fake *** God and have your little imaginary conversations in private. Or grow the **** up and look at the world for what it is. One where there is no God, where there has never been a God and one where there will never be a God.

Last edited:
For someone to think it is perfectly wonderful to tell others that they are mistaken in their beliefs, but telling them that they will suffer incomprehensible punishments because of their mistaken faith and then to take offense when the people they are telling that to are not only not impressed, not convinced, and not in the least worried.

You don't have a God because God isn't real.

If you can tell me he is real I can tell you he's not. If that's not a conversation you want to have then keep your mouth shut.

I think that the vast majority of people who you encounter who do not believe in God and/or your version of God were raised in a religious household to some extent. I was not. I have never been religious. I never had a crisis of faith. I never lost faith. I'm not tainted by faith. It has always been an incredibly absurd thing to me. It is honestly so incredibly ridiculous to believe in an invisible sky daddy I can't even comprehend how people look at themselves in the mirror and fool themselves into thinking it's real.

Do not cast your pearls before swine indeed. Take your fake *** God and have your little imaginary conversations in private. Or grow the **** up and look at the world for what it is. One where there is no God, where there has never been a God and one where there will never be a God.
First of all, Game, I totally agree with your beliefs. But I was brought up in a religious background and when you've been brainwashed throughout your upbringing to believe in God, it truly is a crisis of faith and it takes a strong-minded person to reject them. So, don't be too harsh on Jazzrule. As "Christ" said in the Bible, forgive them for they know not what they do. The guy just doesn't have a clue, which is unfortunate. Maybe we will get through to him, eventually. But attacking him like that won't do it.

First of all, Game, I totally agree with your beliefs. But I was brought up in a religious background and when you've been brainwashed throughout your upbringing to believe in God, it truly is a crisis of faith and it takes a strong-minded person to reject them. So, don't be too harsh on Jazzrule. As "Christ" said in the Bible, forgive them for they know not what they do. The guy just doesn't have a clue, which is unfortunate. Maybe we will get through to him, eventually. But attacking him like that won't do it.
I don't really care what jazzrule believes or doesn't. I'm way past the point of trying to convert people.

If someone wants to talk about their beliefs I'll respect that. If someone wants to have a respectful conversation about religion I might begrudgingly participate. But when someone wants to be insulting and threatening while leaning on their religion, I have no problem letting them know how little I think of their insults.

Yeah this notion exists in Quran too. It actually is the clear statement that these religions don’t want people to make other people believe by force, hence irrationalizing and de-Muslimizing the entire terror people commit for the sake of conversion / fighting so called infidelity. For me, people are evil and turn religions to crappy practices, not the religions themselves.

Jazzrule has reached out to me and I believe that we have come to a sort of truce. So I'll apologize for my offensive comments in this thread and move on.

This is all something that I just can’t make sense of atm. For those who think they exclusively know the truth my question is how tf do you know that. For those who say there is no God my question is wtf is this thing called life and how the hell did this all accidentally “evolve”

Genuine thoughts both ways.

This is all something that I just can’t make sense of atm. For those who think they exclusively know the truth my question is how tf do you know that. For those who say there is no God my question is wtf is this thing called life and how the hell did this all accidentally “evolve”

Genuine thoughts both ways.
The reason is humans feel most uncomfortable when they do not know. Hence the religions and hence atheism. They just have to answer uncertainties. Cannot just accept the fact that we don’t know ****.