What's new

To Those That Attack Me For My Beliefs

That's called being agnostic.

Many atheists are just as annoying preaching their truths and sharing what they know as the religious folk are.

Atheists will tell you about how God doesn't exist. Just like vegans will tell you eating animal flesh is bad for you. Just like Christians will tell you you're going to hell, and how those with celiac disease will tell you glutens are the devil.

Ok, I just through that last one in there... People with celiac disease should treat glutens of the devil. But everyone else is just a basic bitch.

That's called being agnostic.

By definition, atheism is a lack of belief in God/gods/a god. Saying you have no beliefs is a claim to not knowing. Some atheists also have a belief in non-existence, but that is not needed to be an atheist.

This is all something that I just can’t make sense of atm. For those who think they exclusively know the truth my question is how tf do you know that. For those who say there is no God my question is wtf is this thing called life and how the hell did this all accidentally “evolve”

Genuine thoughts both ways.
I'm agnostic cause I have no clue.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I interpret atheism as someone who thinks they know that there is no God

No one knows. None of the great philosophers and thinkers from ancient times to the present have been able to give us a definitive answer, so how do you expect anyone to know. I went to a Catholic military school during junior high and they taught us the proofs as explained by St. Thomas Aquinas -- the chain link theory, the uncaused cause, that there had to be a prime mover, a beginning, etc. I can still see the brother banging his chalk on the blackboard. Probably was frustrated because he wasn't getting any.

This is all something that I just can’t make sense of atm. For those who think they exclusively know the truth my question is how tf do you know that. For those who say there is no God my question is wtf is this thing called life and how the hell did this all accidentally “evolve”

Genuine thoughts both ways.

“Personal revelation”. Or more aptly put, feelings.

:rolleyes:

I interpret atheism as someone who thinks they know that there is no God

If I told you there was an invisible unicorn in your living room would you be on the fence as to the possibility? When someone claims God exists they have to substantiate the claim. I don't have to give the notion serious consideration until they do. I call that atheism.

I don't have to prove anything. I don't have to make any assertions. There is no reason to think God exists, so I assume no God exists.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

If I told you there was an invisible unicorn in your living room would you be on the fence as to the possibility? When someone claims God exists they have to substantiate the claim. I don't have to give the notion serious consideration until they do. I call that atheism.

I don't have to prove anything. I don't have to make any assertions. There is no reason to think God exists, so I assume no God exists.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

I mean i guess there could be such thing as an invisible unicorn. Or another dimension in which there is a unicorn in my living room. I doubt it but i cant know everything thats possible.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I mean i guess there could be such thing as an invisible unicorn. Or another dimension in which there is a unicorn in my living room. I doubt it but i cant know everything thats possible.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Your default position on any such claim should be scepticism until there is some reason to give the claim credibility. I don't think atheism means I can prove no God exists. It means, for me, that I haven't given the baseless assertion any thought other than to wait for a credible argument to substantiate it.

Your default position on any such claim should be scepticism until there is some reason to give the claim credibility. I don't think atheism means I can prove no God exists. It means, for me, that I haven't given the baseless assertion any thought other than to wait for a credible argument to substantiate it.
I agree and I am skeptical. If I had to put money on it I would bet on no God.

However I have always got the impression from atheists that they know as a fact that there is no god.

For me, an agnostic, I have no idea. Any religion might be right. Or none of them. There might be a God and there might not. I have no clue.
My guess is that when I die that's it. Nothing else happens after. But I don't have a strong belief in that theory. Just a little bit more belief in that than in any religion out there.