What's new

Tobias Harris wants to come to utah

I dont think a PF that can create is very important at all. Yes, you can find plenty of PGs that can shoot and create but not at a high level like Conley. There are none available that we could get this year besides Conley and Russell. There are tons of good PFs on the FA market this year that can shoot well and even some that can create. Taking pressure off and Mitchell and creating space for him was the biggest priority. I would also have been okay with switching Mitchell to PG and finding a really good SG as well but I am not sure who that would have been.
We don't know who is available because we are focusing on pf right now since we got Conley.
If we had Tobias instead of Conley then we would all be talking about the great pg's and sg's we should be getting.
Literally like half the league are free agents this season. I'm certain that some of them are pg and sg and others might be available for trade. (I know okc is trying to cut salary for example. They have Dennis Schroeder)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

You could look at last year too but replace jj with Crowder
Kinda seems like if you put someone other than favors next to gobert at the 4 who can shoot then the jazz are better.
Tobias harris shot 40% from 3 last year (even better before he went to Philly). 49% from three field and 87% from the line

Our starting lineup would be amazing with Tobias

Jazz were +5.1 and +8.3 with the two five man lineups including Favors and Gobert with the most minutes. Crowder replacing Favors was REALLY good for Rubio. The other lineups are more biased toward Favors. With Crowder replacing Favors and Rubio on the bench, lineups were more even or lean Favors.

With Conley instead of Rubio, I would bet lineups would have trended the same way.

We don't know who is available because we are focusing on pf right now since we got Conley.
If we had Tobias instead of Conley then we would all be talking about the great pg's and sg's we should be getting.
Literally like half the league are free agents this season. I'm certain that some of them are pg and sg and others might be available for trade. (I know okc is trying to cut salary for example. They have Dennis Schroeder)

I would take Conley and Favors over Schroeder and Harris pretty easily.

Jazz were +5.1 and +8.3 with the two five man lineups including Favors and Gobert with the most minutes. Crowder replacing Favors was REALLY good for Rubio. The other lineups are more biased toward Favors. With Crowder replacing Favors and Rubio on the bench, lineups were more even or lean Favors.

With Conley instead of Rubio, I would bet lineups would have trended the same way.
Why do you think favors only played 23 minutes per game? Serious question.

I would take Conley and Favors over Schroeder and Harris pretty easily.
Well duh. You would take favors over Harris lol.
So since we would all agree that Conley is better than schroeder, obviously you would pick the Conley favors combo silly

One thing we can all agree on and be certain of is that Harris would play more than the 23.2 minutes per game that favors played last year

23 minutes is almost half the game. Do you have any idea how important those minutes are?

Crowder and gobert played with Rubio too doe.
Also it's quite telling that favors played 23 minutes per game. Quin an idiot apparently.

Also telling that freaking grandpa Joe Johnson was better next to gobert than favors.

The part about favors being better than gobert doesn't really matter cause gobert is our center.

Exactly. You can have 2 non 3 point shooters on the court just fine and they play well. But when you add in a 3rd person like Rubio it kills everything. That is the point. That now that you have a good shooting PG Favors and Gobert can play together at a really high level.

As far as Joe goes he played amazing that first year. Favors was also quite hurt. If you go the year before Favors and Gobert were our best duo together. The year you were pointing to as well Exum was better than Hill in those lineups. So I guess you agree that Exum is good and should play with Gobert more since they put up great net rating as well?

Snyder didnt have many options at PG so he had to stagger Favors and Gobert since they were a bad fit with our primary ball handler Rubio. He did what he could with crappy fitting PG.

The part about Favors doing better in those stats does matter. You cant point to a stat and then ignore when it points to something else.

Why do you think favors only played 23 minutes per game? Serious question.

Why? Snyder doesn't think his system fits two interior players and Gobert is the better player.

I think Favors should play more and Snyder is smart enough to find more ways to keep them playing together on offense since they're so dynamic on defense.

Counter question: Is the extra 10 minutes from Favors to Harris more helpful than the 15 minutes lost from Favors to a replacement level center?

Exactly. You can have 2 non 3 point shooters on the court just fine and they play well. But when you add in a 3rd person like Rubio it kills everything. That is the point. That now that you have a good shooting PG Favors and Gobert can play together at a really high level.

As far as Joe goes he played amazing that first year. Favors was also quite hurt. If you go the year before Favors and Gobert were our best duo together. The year you were pointing to as well Exum was better than Hill in those lineups. So I guess you agree that Exum is good and should play with Gobert more since they put up great net rating as well?

Snyder didnt have many options at PG so he had to stagger Favors and Gobert since they were a bad fit with our primary ball handler Rubio. He did what he could with crappy fitting PG.

The part about Favors doing better in those stats does matter. You cant point to a stat and then ignore when it points to something else.
Why do you think favors only played 23 minutes per game?

That is true but I dont see any PGs anywhere near Conley's level. I am not a fan of Schroder and dont think he is a good fit on our team. He is a poor 3 point shooter as well. That is my point the market is flush with stretch 4s this year but not with PGs.

I like that we filled our biggest need with the best player we could get.

Why? Snyder doesn't think his system fits two interior players and Gobert is the better player.

I think Favors should play more and Snyder is smart enough to find more ways to keep them playing together on offense since they're so dynamic on defense.

Counter question: Is the extra 10 minutes from Favors to Harris more helpful than the 15 minutes lost from Favors to a replacement level center?

Your question is literally impossible to answer.
My opinion is that if we got Harris we would be championship contenders and possibly favorites.

My opinion as to why favors only played 23 minutes is because the paint is goberts. The jazz don't want any one else in there with him. Rightfully so. Favors will never play starter minutes if gobert is healthy. No matter who the point guard is. Keep the 4 out of the paint. Favors operates best in the paint. It don't work out best for the jazz

Reactions: RJF
Bad fit with Rubio and Gobert, like I said.

Also I was not convinced he was completely healthy enough to play more minutes.
If he wasn't healthy last year, then he hasn't been healthy his entire career. Jeez I'm tired of people making excuses for Favors based off injuries.

Exum gets hurt, and most bash him. Favors doesn't play as many minutes or not so well, and he's hurt.

Favors doesn't fit as well as Harris.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

If he wasn't healthy last year, then he hasn't been healthy his entire career. Jeez I'm tired of people making excuses for Favors based off injuries.

Exum gets hurt, and most bash him. Favors doesn't play as many minutes or not so well, and he's hurt.

Favors doesn't fit as well as Harris.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Favors was definitely hurt for most of 16-17 and 17-18. That is simply a fact. I dont think he was hurt last I am just not sure he could hold up and stay healthy playing more. It seemed when he got too many minutes for awhile they had to sit him for back or other stuff. That is a concern going forward with him for me.

I dont bash Exum for getting hurt.

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I’m pretty sure all you have to do to sign Tobias is adjust the Conley trade. Add in Exum and wait to finalize the deal until you have Tobias signed and I think you can make it work.