Tobias Harris wants to come to utah

Conley $32.5

Exum $9.6
Crowder $7.8
Korver $3.44 (waive amount)
Grayson $2.5
Bradley $2
TOTAL: $24.5

Memphis still saves $8 million this season and around $25 for next season. They don't go into the luxury or anything by adding Exum and Bradley.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

To me, the solution to this is simple. You enhance the trade with Memphis. You do one of the following:

- add Exum and Bradley to the Conley deal. If they are smart, they take Exum because he is young and worth the risk.

- if they don't want Exum, you send them our 2020 1st (top 8 protected) AND our 2022 1st (top 6 protected like it was before).

We just expand the Conley deal. I think there is a team out there who would take Exum for nothing, but if not, expanding the Memphis deal where they get another 1st makes this pretty simple. Our pick is pretty much tied up to them anyway through 2022. And, Boston owns their pick in either 2020 or 2021. They would love to get another 1st rounder for their rebuild.

Harris' brother signed a summer league deal with Philly, but we could easily sign him to a real deal after summer league. Philly doesn't have his rights or anything like that.

This is a good point. I suspect Zanik and O'Connor have tied up Lindsey in the basement of Vivant with the Gimp and are working the phones to get something done. If Utah can flip an Exum and Favors (not picking up the TO or part of a trade) for Harris with reasonable assurances from both sides? You do that yesterday. If for no other reason than we have the start of a #HeadbandBrotherhood.

tobias-harris-3.jpg

There is another possibility in this is if that we cannot ship Exum to anyone on account of being ded, do we ship Ingles? Dude has more value on the market obviously. Can Royce replace him at the 3?

Please don't throw explosives, I'm just thinking out loud.

100% the Jazz can get space. The question is if Harris is worth either:
1) Favors + Neto + Ingles
Or
2) Favors + Neto + Exum + O’Neale

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Yes and yes.

Simply put, Utah in either case runs out four all stars and a damn good 3D SF. But the second package can be altered to swap Niang for Royce I think.

Last edited:
I would not trade Royce O'Neale at all. Our depth will be so bad in all these scenarios yet he is a $1.6 million Swiss Army knife who loves Utah, is really close to Donovan and has **** tons of potential.

We can trade Exum, Bradley, Niang and waive Neto. I don't want to trade Joe, but I would before trading Royce.

Sure, buy why would Harris sit around and wait on Philly to strike out? If it happened it would have to be done early.

Philly main motivation would be insuring Harris is not in conference, but Idk if he's good enough for that to be a major factor.

Favors is a terrible fit. Exum is a terrible fit. They have no need for Bradley. 3rd team has to be involved and that just makes it even harder.

Most likely scenario is Utah trades Bradley, Exum, and a first to a bad team with cap space.
Yah, none of those are likely... it's all a pipe-dream but thanks to the weird protections on our pick IMO it's more likely that Philly sees more value in Favors (+Exum) having in mind that Embiid's injury concerns and Philly's backup 5 disaster than us finding someone to dump Exum and Bradley to for a pick that might or might not get to them in 2024

I would not trade Royce O'Neale at all. Our depth will be so bad in all these scenarios yet he is a $1.6 million Swiss Army knife who loves Utah, is really close to Donovan and has **** tons of potential.

We can trade Exum, Bradley, Niang and waive Neto. I don't want to trade Joe, but I would before trading Royce.

Would Bradley and Niang be enough to offset Exum's value I wonder? Even then, if it's just dumping Exum for nothing, Bradley might be enough.

Royce and Niang would be the start of a hell of a good core for the second unit. Bring up Mitrou-Long and allow our seconds to battle in training camp, sign some vet mins (need a backup 4/5 at that point) and dudeeeeeeeee..........

If we traded Exum and Bradley while waiving Niang and Neto, where does that put us? Anybody know the exact number?

I'm pretty sure all would go from their current contracts to the mandatory $800k-ish cap hold.

Exum $9.6 to $800k
Neto $2.1 to $800k
Bradley $2 to $800k
Niang $1.6 to $800k

If we traded Exum and Bradley while waiving Niang and Neto, where does that put us? Anybody know the exact number?

I'm pretty sure all would go from their current contracts to the mandatory $800k-ish cap hold.

Exum $9.6 to $800k
Neto $2.1 to $800k
Bradley $2 to $800k
Niang $1.6 to $800k

Close to max, I think.

https://www.slcdunk.com/nba-free-ag...interest-utah-jazz-tony-jones-of-the-athletic

Tobias Harris can make as much as $32.7MM/yr on a max salary. If Utah is able to find takers for Tony Bradley and Dante Exum’s contracts while renouncing the rights to Derrick Favors and Raul Neto, they could conceivably land Tobias Harris. This is probably the biggest long shot scenario. Tobias Harris’ next chance at a contract would be at age 30 so he’s wanting to maximize his payout during his prime.

It's pretty contingent on getting Exum off the books. Bradley and a 2nd might be enough to entice someone. It still might be possible to expand the Memphis deal, but I would consider it unlikely. Then again, we're pipedreaming at this point.

If Harris really does want to come to Utah, and will sign a max contract , the only conceivable way this will happen is to move joe ...

I doubt anyone bites on a favours + exum package ...

I know Royce is off limits he is a superstar. U have no idea. Joe is so much better than royce

Close to max, I think.

https://www.slcdunk.com/nba-free-ag...interest-utah-jazz-tony-jones-of-the-athletic

It's pretty contingent on getting Exum off the books. Bradley and a 2nd might be enough to entice someone. It still might be possible to expand the Memphis deal, but I would consider it unlikely. Then again, we're pipedreaming at this point.
Yep.

We could probably pay some team to take Bradley and/or Exum.

A simple Bradley plus $2 million in cash to some rebuilder like Atlanta makes sense. We could also throw in a protected 2nd.

I think Memphis would take Exum to the current deal. I definitely think they take him if we give them 2020 and 2022. We could always send them whatever cash we have left too.

Close to max, I think.

Yeah trade Dante and favs to 76ers. I want them to play for 76ers. Ben and Dante in the backcourt together. Conley and Donovan would do nothing with Ben and Dante defending them

Yep.

A simple Bradley plus $2 million in cash to some rebuilder like Atlanta makes sense. We could also throw in a protected 2nd.

I think Memphis would take Exum to the current deal. I definitely think they take him if we give them 2020 and 2022.

Damn it. Homer Mode Activated:

Usually I'm a fan of building the "right way", via the draft and development. Utah, with Conley, Rudy, and Mitchell has a semi-short contention window. You add Harris to that? Even better and the window is extended some.

For winning a championship, you do this now. Crowbar that warchest open Millers and let's do this.

Yep.

I think Memphis would take Exum to the current deal. I definitely think they take him if we give them 2020 and 2022. We could always send them whatever cash we have left too.

No I want Dante traded to 76ers