What's new

Tomic + drafting a wing is probably as big as its going to get this summer.

Which isn't a bad summer. Maybe add a little cheap depth like Al Forouq Aminu or something. Maybe extend Booker if we can before he becomes a free agent. Re-sign Evans, Cotton, Ingles, and Millsap

It would be nice to land one of the big free agents (Leonard, Draymond, Butler, or Middleton), but it's probably not going to happen, and we will still be really good without them

When adding free agents it's important to take into account what influence it will have on other player on the team, and whether or not it will be worth it. We already have Burks, Hayward, Hood, and probably Ingles as our wings. We don't want to add a free agent there unless it's one of the big ones because you'll disappoint and piss off somebody eventually. So you'll be forced to make a trade like we did with Kanter. Therefore it's best we add a rookie who will know his place in the short term and we can decide later what to do. Like if we add Super Mario he will probably be ok for a bit getting limited minutes. But probably not for long.

No point in adding any big names for the Center or Power Forward position besides Tomic . You want to add someone willing to come off the bench. Regardless if you can afford someone like LaMarcus Aldridge. Phoenix made this mistake by adding Isaiah Thomas.

Our point guard situation is the same. Adding anyone, we lose Exum and Burke. Even if we want to its not a good idea right now. Trade 1 or both first before you replace them and destroy their value. We should give them both some more time anyways.

The end.

Very good thoughts.
1. We have two VERY good and VERY young starters at the 4/5 in Gobert and Favors. They're improving; they like each other and they like Utah. Why mess with that? Booker is our heart and soul and wants to return. Could we improve skill-wise over Trevor? Perhaps. But what does that do to chemistry? What message does that send...work your *** off and we'll trade you anyway? I'm all in on bringing Tomic over. But I also think he'll just sign a big, longer-term deal with Barcelona. I think that's what he wants. So let's go with Pleiss if that happens and draft a big at #12.

2. WE have three good wings in Hayward, Burks and Hood. And some deeper backups in Millsap and likely Ingles. Could we add another? Like you said, it better be an all-star starter and we trade Alec, or a rookie who understands he won't be starting.

3. PG. This is the trickiest decision. I'm not sure Utah can make a move before they know if they need a veteran starter or quality backup. Trey has little trade value right now. IMO, they need to assess how much progress those two make over the summer and into next season. They'll know by the deadline what direction they need to go.

Very good thoughts.
1. We have two VERY good and VERY young starters at the 4/5 in Gobert and Favors. They're improving; they like each other and they like Utah. Why mess with that? Booker is our heart and soul and wants to return. Could we improve skill-wise over Trevor? Perhaps. But what does that do to chemistry? What message does that send...work your *** off and we'll trade you anyway? I'm all in on bringing Tomic over. But I also think he'll just sign a big, longer-term deal with Barcelona. I think that's what he wants. So let's go with Pleiss if that happens and draft a big at #12.

2. WE have three good wings in Hayward, Burks and Hood. And some deeper backups in Millsap and likely Ingles. Could we add another? Like you said, it better be an all-star starter and we trade Alec, or a rookie who understands he won't be starting.

3. PG. This is the trickiest decision. I'm not sure Utah can make a move before they know if they need a veteran starter or quality backup. Trey has little trade value right now. IMO, they need to assess how much progress those two make over the summer and into next season. They'll know by the deadline what direction they need to go.

good post and I would like to add that if tomic comes over booker is the best back up at the 4 because he all ready understands limited minutes.

Tomic, Danny Green, a 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder, and a draft and stash second rounder would be a solid and realistic off-season.

Tomic, Danny Green, a 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder, and a draft and stash second rounder would be a solid and realistic off-season.

Not a bad offseason. With that first round pick, I would like to see Kevin Looney, because he can play both forward spots, and we need a bigger small forward. I think adding three rotation players to this mix could be awesome.

I'd be fine with that. The chemistry on this team is great, and I don't want to see it messed with unless the Jazz can get a great player in return. I seem to be in the "keep Booker unless something amazing happens" camp, and he seems like the piece that would go due to cap reasons if the Jazz made a bunch of moves. I don't' want to see him leave for a marginal upgrade.

Danny Green is intriguing. He's not looking for starter minutes and was in Pop's doghouse a few times. With them paying Kawhi the max, Green wouldn't be a priority.

Danny Green is intriguing. He's not looking for starter minutes and was in Pop's doghouse a few times. With them paying Kawhi the max, Green wouldn't be a priority.

Green is intriguing. I don't think he'll be back in San Antonio next year. The big questions would be. . .
1.) How much money does he want?
2.) If question #1 fits into Utah's budget, who starts between Green, Burks and Hood. Good outside shooting is going to be a priority for this team moving forward. Danny Green certainly fits that bill.

Green is intriguing. I don't think he'll be back in San Antonio next year. The big questions would be. . .
1.) How much money does he want?
2.) If question #1 fits into Utah's budget, who starts between Green, Burks and Hood. Good outside shooting is going to be a priority for this team moving forward. Danny Green certainly fits that bill.

Homey loves Green. 2nd round pick of the Cavs, picked up by the Spurs, waived, did time with the Reno Bighorns before getting called back by Pop. He was picked just ahead of Lester Hudson.

I like CoJo, but I wonder if he is overvalued because he's a Spur? Still wouldn't mind picking him up.