What's new

Tomic in Euroleage Final Four -- 2 games

Just saw final result. Looks like Tomic's Barcelona did poorly in the 4th quarter and lost the game. Stat wise, Tomic had a great game, far better than anyone else in the 2 semi-final game (6-7 FGs, 6-7 FTs, 12 reb). Wonder if not getting the Euroleague crown makes it more likely that Tomic will figure that he has unfinished business yet to accomplish in Europe.

Again, hoping for reports from anyone that saw it or will watch later on NBA TV.

I watched in and out, during the 2nd half. This is what I saw.

He's tall and long. Reminds me of Pau Gasol in stature. Plays below the rim, not as athletic as Gasol. Nice post moves, he's patient and keeps the ball up.

Defense was meh. He plays decent man-to-man, but get lost in PnR and is consistently boxed out or out of position.

I would bring him in on the cheap and let him split the 4th big minutes with Jeremy.

I watched in and out, during the 2nd half. This is what I saw.

He's tall and long. Reminds me of Pau Gasol in stature. Plays below the rim, not as athletic as Gasol. Nice post moves, he's patient and keeps the ball up.

Defense was meh. He plays decent man-to-man, but get lost in PnR and is consistently boxed out or out of position.

I would bring him in on the cheap and let him split the 4th big minutes with Jeremy.

His high center of gravity and (still) relatively light weight will always be a problem I'm sure. Eventually he will learn he can still use his height to get a good amount of rebounds, by either tipping it to himself or tipping it out to a teammate. Tyson Chandler does this all the time.

His high center of gravity and (still) relatively light weight will always be a problem I'm sure. Eventually he will learn he can still use his height to get a good amount of rebounds, by either tipping it to himself or tipping it out to a teammate. Tyson Chandler does this all the time.

But Tyson Chandler can jump too.

Some said he could possibly win rookie of the year if he came out this year, and we can find a better third big, so ya idiot is the word.

One person has said that. Everyone else is talking about a player that they hope can be on the team and be in the rotation eventually.

One person has said that. Everyone else is talking about a player that they hope can be on the team and be in the rotation eventually.

I don't even think he wants to play in the nba. And people actually think him coming over is imminent. It's not! Some guys aren't nba material, and that's exactly what Tomic is!

I don't even think he wants to play in the nba. And people actually think him coming over is imminent. It's not! Some guys aren't nba material, and that's exactly what Tomic is!

If he can play that well in the euroleague, he will do ok in the nba. Maybe not the second coming of pau, but contributor for sure.

If he can play that well in the euroleague, he will do ok in the nba. Maybe not the second coming of pau, but contributor for sure.

I don't remember his name but he came over to the nba a long time ago and played for Indiana. He was one of the best Euro's and couldn't hack it at all.

Tomic is a thin long unathletic weakling who can't defend, and will get abused in the post offensively and defensively, oh and he's slow and doesn't seem to ave any desire to play in the nba.

I don't remember his name but he came over to the nba a long time ago and played for Indiana. He was one of the best Euro's and couldn't hack it at all.

Tomic is a thin long unathletic weakling who can't defend, and will get abused in the post offensively and defensively, oh and he's slow and doesn't seem to ave any desire to play in the nba.

Plenty of euros are ok in the nba. Ak47, sabonis, pau, Marc, jcn was good he just didn't like it, not to mention petrovic and schrempf. Those guys were great. One example of failure is not really a conclusion. Also, how can you judge his desire.

How about scola and splitter as well? They seem to be doing fine. And fabricio oberto even did ok. Tomic should be fine in the nba.

Does Tomic even want to play in the NBA? I doubt it. The Jazz should just write him off.

Tomic could come over, and contribute to some team. You obviously haven't seen more than a You Tube video of this guy.
Whether he wants to or not is the question.

#1 he's not a weakling. he's now maybe at 250 lbs range.

#2 He's actually pretty good defensively. He's team has a 88.6 points per 100 possessions with him on the floor and 100.1 w/ him out.

https://euro-step.net/countdown-to-london-10-ante-tomic/

#3 he seemed to always box out yesterday in the 3 1/2 quarters I saw. Don't know what that other dude saw. Altough he sometimes still can't get the rebound. He still led w/ 12 rebounds.

#4 He doesn't play like Gasol. He plays like Ilgauskas before the foot injuries.

#5 he blocked one shot and changed like 10...

#6 He isn't bad wasn't bad in the PnR. He's not stellar but at 7'2'' who is? he hedges and tries to slow the PG down.

#7 One play that stood out he came on a PnR showed himself to the PG rotated to stop a cutter coming from the weakside, prevented the pass, broke the play, the PG goes a different direction and he still rotates back to his man on the post. Very impressed w/ that one.

Everyone is talking about a player that they hope can be on the team and in the rotation eventually. What a bunch of pricks. **** them, am I right? Worthless pieces of ****.

But dude, Isaiah Canaan is next superstar number 1.