What's new

Trade Confirmed: Jazz get jack for Bogey

If you really needed some space to get away from the tax... you could have easily waived and stretch NAW or Rudy Gay. Cuts down a roster spot and would give 3-4M in breathing room. Effect on the cap going forward is minimal... like around 1% of the cap for 3 years.

Have the Jazz hired a cap guy yet?

If you really needed some space to get away from the tax... you could have easily waived and stretch NAW or Rudy Gay. Cuts down a roster spot and would give 3-4M in breathing room. Effect on the cap going forward is minimal... like around 1% of the cap for 3 years.

Have the Jazz hired a cap guy yet?
And by the ****ing way, we are on the hook now for $3 million more next year anyway. Sooooo… yeahhh…

I’m already exhausted by the Ainge era. Let him see if he can bilk another team between now and next year and let’s please move the **** on.

And by the ****ing way, we are on the hook now for $3 million more next year anyway. Sooooo… yeahhh…

I’m already exhausted by the Ainge era. Let him see if he can bilk another team between now and next year and let’s please move the **** on.
Oh if he's healthy we picking up all $12M on his contract. I think he is more neutral than negative personally but Bogey was very positive imo.

Oh if he's healthy we picking up all $12M on his contract. I think he is more neutral than negative personally but Bogey was very positive imho.
No. Please god no.

I'm so sick of these ****s with too much power flexing it about their pets, whether its Doke, or Olynyk, or whatever ill-fitting non-sense that most half-informed people can look at and then squint about.

I dont give a **** if he doesnt take a discount. The Jazz will have a more likely chance to sign him if he plays well here, that's a damn fact, than they would if he wasnt here.

If he plays great, great. If he sucks *** or is just mediocre this year, whatever. Either way he has more upside than Shamet. I'm not saying he is better than Shamet or that I would bet on him being better than Shamet, but the Jazz's position lets them take that gamble relatively risk free.
If THT is great then awesome, he will probably want to stay with the team that he thrived with.
If he sucks the awesome, he helps us get a better pick in the draft next year. Tank Note baby.

I really don’t see it as a half tank. Olynyk is not moving the needle for us.
Agreed. I mean you are going to have nba players on your team. No way around that really. KO aint moving the needle at all. Hell, might move it towards more losses tbh.

I am not sure we have ever seen such consensus about a move. Not even drafting Broke in '20. Not even trading Gobert. It's kind of incredible.
I think you just nailed it. DA’s last move was to unify Jazz fans after a couple rough years.

We will ignore that it was unification against him… but details.

I'm not saying this is the follow up move... but we could now do Mike, Beasley, Vando for Westbrook and a pick and save the lakers like $20M and stay under the tax.

I also think there is a chance they bite the bullet and waive Gay. He may give them like a couple million back in a buyout cuz he can get a minimum somewhere else.
Wasn't this an obvious thing that was going to happen?

IMO just like with the THT trade, the simplest explanation is probably the right one - Ainge just loves Kelly Olynyk more than anyone else in the world. With old school GMs that's a recurring theme and one we should be ready for in the future. Ainge will make some head scratcher moves simply because he has his evaluation and doesn't go a step deeper and ask himself - are others seeing it this way and can I actually get more here? He was reportedly ready to trade 4 1sts for Justise Winslow. He also traded out of no. 1 pick when there was a consensus best player(and was right in that case), he also drafted Brown no. 4 when nobody wanted him this high. He just has his views and sticks with them even if unpopular.

I personally hate this deal. And the worst thing is - it signifies we probably won't be able to get anything of value for the other vets.
I always thought that ainge was cutthroat. That he didn't let personal relationships/emotions effect his moves he makes. At least that is what I always heard about him anyway.

I also think it really smells like we are not going to bottom all the way out like we should...

Sexton
Beasley
Conley
JC
Vando
KO
Lauri

Is 7 competent nba players to build a rotation... Fontechio looks the part as well... You need to have some ****** players in the rotation and some big roster holes. This is a 28-33 win team... that will get you to 6-7th worst record.
I think conley and jc are gone.

You're not going to get assets for every player, mang. Bogey is 33, going on 34 with a wrist that was surgically repaired.

And we already have a decent load of assets. Lee could be a surprise too. We'll be alright, no need to overreact. We know we're tanking. Just roll with it.
Good attitude to have imo.

I feel like the front office knocked it out of the park with the Rudy and Don trades, and also got great value for Royce, but the Bogey and Beverley trades just don't make sense to me.
MT Steve gave us the answer to why it went this way.

I don't. I think if we had offers we found acceptable maybe.
Maybe if someone offered the just-right player that Danny likes but is obviously way worse and with no draft assets, the value will be right. That seems to be the template:

"OH GEEPERS MR! AN AFTERTHOUGHT WITH CATASTROPHIC HOLES TO THEIR GAME BUT I JUST SUBJECTIVELY LIKE? NO, PLEASE, I DON'T WANT YOUR PICKS."

The teams that messed this up the most are the teams that didn't land Bogey... They likely get a second chance at the deadline with Detroit make us look dumb though.

Detroit may think they have their young pillars now and don't need to be bottom feeders.

Cade
Ivey
Bey
Bogey
Duren/Bagley/Beef Stew/Nerlens

also have AB off the bench... maybe that is a fringe play in team?
Wait, Detroit has AB? That is the most valuable info in this thread so far. I know what box scores I will be looking at next season now.