What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Tell me if I’m crazy, but is there that much of a difference between Covington and House? Why not just keep House, and find another deal to make the team better
Yes, there is a big difference. Covington is much better. House is going to be more capable at guarding on the perimeter though, but overall defensive ability and impact is in RoCo's favor.

ALso, House has only had like 1.25 good seasons in the NBA.

A straight JC and a 1st for Smart gets Boston out of the Luxury tax this year... just saying. Its a lot cleaner deal for both sides than a Bogey for Smart deal. Schroeder can be moved in another deal or they just ride out his contract and let him walk.

A straight JC and a 1st for Smart gets Boston out of the Luxury tax this year... just saying. Its a lot cleaner deal for both sides than a Bogey for Smart deal. Schroeder can be moved in another deal or they just ride out his contract and let him walk.
I’m a JC fan, and I’m ok with swapping him for Smart, but I’m sure as hell not down to giving a first rounder just to get smart for JC. IF Boston demands JC or Ingles or anyone and a first, Boston can just suck rocks for all I care. That’s a waste of assets for Smart. I don’t think he makes us that much better

I’m a JC fan, and I’m ok with swapping him for Smart, but I’m sure as hell not down to giving a first rounder just to get smart for JC. IF Boston demands JC or Ingles or anyone and a first, Boston can just suck rocks for all I care. That’s a waste of assets for Smart. I don’t think he makes us that much better
I ****ing guarantee, that if the jazz made any trade for smart that also includes a first, we as fans will be laminating wasting a pick for smart

It works financially, but Brown is a #2 type guy. You could go through the NBA and make a list of players, and put them in certain spots.

Some are #1 options, some #2 options, etc. Like Klay Thompson - excellent #2 option but wouldn't be great as a #1. Much like Pippen back in the day. Just better as a #2. Russell Westbrook is a #1 who doesn't know how to be a #2 or #3.

Tatum is a #1 option. Donovan too. In my opinion, Brown is a top end #2 option. I don't think Brown would take charge and lead like Donovan has in the playoffs. While he is a much better defender, he's more of an all purpose guy to support every aspect of the game while the #1 guy focuses leading the team on offense down the stretch.

Nobody here wants to see it, but Rudy for Brown makes the most sense. Boston and Utah are both more realistic contenders after that deal. Donovan and Rudy don't compliment each other very well at all.

If we could just send JC and 2 1sts I'd do it too. Or literally any other combination.

Lopo saying Rudy and Donovan dont compliment each other is the most galaxy brained **** I've heard in a minute.

They are essentially perfect compliments to each other on the court. It would be better if Donovan was a better interior passer, but it can;t be perfect I guess.
You're stuck in the regular season. Sure, they look great in the regular season.

Damnit Cy. Pay attention to what I'm saying.

RUNNING EVERYTHING THROUGH RUDY DOES NOT WORK IN THE PLAYOFFS! Quit telling me regular season stats like they are supposed to sway the argument.

Tell me if I’m crazy, but is there that much of a difference between Covington and House? Why not just keep House, and find another deal to make the team better
RoCo is an expiring and could be a useful bigger body in a centerless/5-out/switch scheme if Quin ever decides he wants to work on his OCD by working on anything new.

The Jazz are going to look for ways to cut salary, BTW. While 3 & D guys and microwave scorers are useful, they are either not terribly hard to find or are only contextually useful (like having a putrid bench unit when we got a red-hot Clarkson). These are the obvious places to clean up the payroll while also breaking Quin’s obsessive rigidity.

Last edited:
We don’t run *anything* through Rudy except driving ballhandlers.

What are you on? Cuz I’d avoid it.
You usually offer good content around here.

If you're honestly saying that our defensive scheme (the funnel) and offensive scheme (Rudy screens) aren't the main gameplan, stop what you're taking.

Rudy is not the problem. Prioritizing everything around him is.

You usually offer good content around here.

If you're honestly saying that our defensive scheme (the funnel) and offensive scheme (Rudy screens) aren't the main gameplan, stop what you're taking.

Rudy is not the problem. Prioritizing everything around him is.
Nothing runs THROUGH him is the point. He is the garbage man and you’re ranting about him as though he’s the President. His work benefits everyone else, ESPECIALLY Donovan.

Nothing runs THROUGH him is the point. He is the garbage man and you’re ranting about him as though he’s the President. His work benefits everyone else, ESPECIALLY Donovan.
Why are you so sensitive about Rudy? I'm not questioning his work ethic. I'm talking about gameplan with regards to the playoffs.

Why are you so sensitive about Rudy? I'm not questioning his work ethic. I'm talking about gameplan with regards to the playoffs.
I’m sensitive about you not getting what everyone else can plainly see: Rudy is the most important piece in building around Donovan and you are insistent that building around one is mutually exclusive to building around the other. It isn’t: they need each other, even if their personalities don’t mesh.

i've thought about this for a long time. it's a great analogy
Except we’d have two inefficient high-volume guards on offense. It’s not a great fit offensively, but it’s not with Clarkson either and he gives you a whole bowl of *** if he’s not on fire.

Except we’d have two inefficient high-volume guards on offense. It’s not a great fit offensively, but it’s not with Clarkson either and he gives you a whole bowl of *** if he’s not on fire.
well okay, a really good fit. Smart, if he's making good decisions, can fill in some of the PG duties like running a PnR.
Heck, Gobert is basically the new Dikembe, let's just rebuild the 2001 sixers but it do it right this time.

Looks like Jerami Grant wants to go to a solid playoff team where he can start. Jazz are on his list.

If we could find a way to get this man without trading Conley, Don, Royce, Bojan or Rudy, we are a true contender. That's doubtful.

Clarkson, Gay, 1st rounder, Butler and Ingles' expiring as assets....