What's new

Trade deadline discussion

I'm curious about PJ Washington. He was rumored to be available. His defense out on the floor is so-so, but he's a nice offensive complement to what we already have. I also think he has some ball skills.

If we could find a way to get this man without trading Conley, Don, Royce, Bojan or Rudy, we are a true contender. That's doubtful.

Clarkson, Gay, 1st rounder, Butler and Ingles' expiring as assets....
I'm guessing it would cost one of Bojan or Royce. However, maybe there's a three team trade that would let us keep everyone you mentioned

Looks like Jerami Grant wants to go to a solid playoff team where he can start. Jazz are on his list.

Well, at least it’s a first. I don’t believe there’s ever been a malcontent in the league posting his “list” that includes Utah.

I’m sensitive about you not getting what everyone else can plainly see: Rudy is the most important piece in building around Donovan and you are insistent that building around one is mutually exclusive to building around the other. It isn’t: they need each other, even if their personalities don’t mesh.
1643150228362.jpeg

I'd love it but I just don't think the Jazz have the best offer. Is there anything else we could throw in? We really only have the one draft pick + the expiring that a rebuilding team like Detroit would be interested in. Could we sell them on Butler having some value? Ingles +Butler plus the first? Just seems like someone else will have a better offer.

Now we see what Trader Danny Ainge can do.

Looks like Jerami Grant wants to go to a solid playoff team where he can start. Jazz are on his list.

Pretty wild we made this list, especially considering he's been on a couple different rivals of the Jazz's over the years. I'll count it as a win but won't get my hopes up.

I'm curious about PJ Washington. He was rumored to be available. His defense out on the floor is so-so, but he's a nice offensive complement to what we already have. I also think he has some ball skills.

I’ve mentioned him a few times. I watch all the hornets games and he would be a great fit in Utah.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

If we can turn a mix of joe, JC, Royce, and Butler with a couple seconds and a first into smart and Grant We will be far more balanced. Then reduce gays minutes and give some minutes to Paschall and house. We get mean on defense and lose mostly negative offense. We also get bigger.

Send Joe Royce Butler our first and a couple seconds to Detroit and JC to Boston.

Everything I’ve read shows Boston sending us draft assets in that trade not the other way around. Idk. If so then send those to Detroit too. Still not sure it’s the best offer Detroit gets with all those teams going after him.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I think teams can beat our offer for Grant. But I would really like that trade if it can happen, depending on what we give up. Ingles or Clarkson, Azubuike, and Butler work salary wise plus we throw in a future 1st and a 2nd. I think thats a decent offer depending on how they feel about Butler. They could also take Hughes as well or instead of either player. I would rather give up Clarkson but I would gladly give up either for this trade. I would give up both and take back whatever Salary if they want.

**** it lets go for elite defense. Trade Conley, Clarkson, Azubuike, and Hughes for Simmons, Green, and Thybulle. We have enough offense to carry them. This gives us a longer future to compete as well.

Ingles can finish his Jazz career like he started it trying help another Aussie.

Holly ****! How did none of us here catch that before now?
As in discussions about race, Coronavirus, religion, watching Jordan Clarkson, or really anything else, we're prone to seeing what we want to see, believing what we want to believe the more we're emotionally invested. Takes effort to fight against that tendency.

(Sorry to be didactic; it's an occupational hazard.)