What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Putting a lineup out there with Bogey and Clarkson on the floor together is basically giving up on playing defense against quality guards. Clarkson can't stay in front of anybody, and Bogey can't move laterally well enough to rotate. Guards just get anywhere they want on the floor.
Yup, I think the most realistic scenario is you trade Clarkson. You still start Bogey, but you transition him into more playing without Mitchell as a quasi-6th man so he can carry the scoring load in lineups that feature more Gobert/Conley.

No he has been saying we should have used those assets on a different player. I never once saw him say "we would be better off with Allen and Crowder rather than Conley" unless I missed it in the morass of ********* that encompassed a dozen pages a little ways back.
He actually said that Jae Crowder was better.

(Or, rather, that ‘the loss of Crowder was larger than what we gained with Conley’ or something like that.)

No he has been saying we should have used those assets on a different player. I never once saw him say "we would be better off with Allen and Crowder rather than Conley" unless I missed it in the morass of ********* that encompassed a dozen pages a little ways back.
Yeah, you missed it lmao. He quite literally said "Losing Jae has hurt more than Conley has helped"

Discussion should be would Jazz be better with Allen Crowder Rubio and two first round picks
Jazz would have kept Rubio and then speculate who Jazz might have picked with their first round picks
Case could be made maybe Jazz would be better but will never know
Also who knows what Jazz assemble for rest of roster over last couple seasons
Maybe completely different group than what they currently have

Last edited:
I mean, would we have any chance whatsoever with any number of picks, taking back any salary that we would get Jaylen Brown without trading Don or Rudy?

A 3 headed monster of Don, Rudy and Brown would be a title contender.

I doubt Boston is going to go for anything on our roster aside from Rudy or Don but that would be the deal of the decade my man.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

(Or, rather, that ‘the loss of Crowder was larger than what we gained with Conley’ or something like that.)
I said for all we know Jae might have helped us more than Mike who missed half the games. We'll never know. This is all an exercise in futility.

Nobody can celebrate the Conley deal which is why get frustrated because I think it's been a failure to date.

Nobody should out and out bash the Conley deal yet, and that's where I should back off.

Nope, I believe in Brown's potential more than Donovan's. I think Brown still has levels he can evolve to.

I think Don is what he is for the most part. He's a top 25 player who can have burst of GOAT level play, but at the end of the day being 6'1 is being 6'1.

Give me the bigger player, especially considering we could get additional assets with Brown to fully build the team out to an actual contender.

Just my opinion.
I get all that, but until Brown proves he has this extra gear, I’ll take Mitchell, if he’s your full time pg it’s fine. He’s also proven to be consistently good in the playoffs where he seems to go way up a few gears.

Yeah I wouldn't go that far.

Discussion should be would Jazz be better with Allen Crowder Rubio and two first round picks
Jazz would have kept Rubio and then speculate who Jazz might have picked with their first round picks
Case could be made maybe Jazz would be better but will never know
This has always been my hypothesis -

Rubio+Jae+Grayson+2 picks+ more cap space > Conley

But I'm tired of arguing with people about it

I said for all we know Jae might have helped us more than Mike who missed half the games. We'll never know. This is all an exercise in futility.

Nobody can celebrate the Conley deal which is why get frustrated because I think it's been a failure to date.

Nobody should out and out bash the Conley deal yet, and that's where I should back off.
Yeah, no reason to celebrate the PG who helped shape one of the best offenses in NBA history and the dude who has little culpability in how ****** the defense has gotten.

My argument has been the same the whole time Cy. Please stop being a douchebag. I have literally said the same thing for 2 years. Damn you're awful.
You typed these exact words about a hour ago "Losing Jae hurt more than adding Conley helped."

And you already backtracking and goalpost moving from that because you got called out on it lmao.

I didn't realize that Boston was 14-6 since December 31. They have gone from play in team to the 6 seed. They are only a few games away from being a home team in the East.

This has always been my hypothesis -

Rubio+Jae+Grayson+2 picks+ more cap space > Conley

But I'm tired of arguing with people about it
I think that is true if we mean we are flipping said assets for a guy that better fits our needs than Conley did, but we proved through ****** draft picks in between and having those exact guys getting embarrassed in the playoffs that they would not get it done and some change had to happen.

You typed these exact words about a hour ago "Losing Jae hurt more than adding Conley helped."

And you already backtracking and goalpost moving from that because you got called out on it lmao.
In the playoffs, an argument can be made for that. Jae Crowder is exactly the type player we lack regardless of if Mike was hurt or not.

But any logical person knows that the Conley trade cost us more than Jae. It cost us Rubio, and Grayson and 1st round picks.

Just stop already man. You're not right and I'm not right. We have Mike and he better well pay off this playoffs.

In the playoffs, an argument can be made for that. Jae Crowder is exactly the type player we lack regardless of if Mike was hurt or not.

But any logical person knows that the Conley trade cost us more than Jae. It cost us Rubio, and Grayson and 1st round picks.

Just stop already man. You're not right and I'm not right. We have Mike and he better well pay off this playoffs.
Bruh you moving the goalpost back to the other spot? You cant make up your mind lmao.

Bruh you moving the goalpost back to the other spot? You cant make up your mind lmao.
Since Conley hasn't helped put us over the top in the series we have lost because he has missed half of the games and we have been .500 when he has played, I think it's a fair prospect to think that maybe Jae helps us more since he would have been there for every game.

I stand by that comment. I think we beat Denver Game 1 of that series if Crowder played. He would have slowed down Murray more than Conley did waving a towel.

You really want to play this game?

Actually, I'm done with this conversation. I'm done saying the Conley trade was a failure for now, but every sane, objective person knows it hasn't been a success.

Since Conley hasn't helped put us over the top in the series we have lost because he has missed half of the games and we have been .500 when he has played, I think it's a fair prospect to think that maybe Jae helps us more since he would have been there for every game.

I stand by that comment. I think we beat Denver Game 1 of that series if Crowder played. He would have slowed down Murray more than Conley did waving a towel.

You really want to play this game?
You stand by it? You just retracted it a few post ago, but now you going back to it? Make up your mind.

We would have won Game 1 of that series if Mitchell crosses halfcourt, that's for sure lmao.