What's new

Trade deadline discussion

That's fair. He is a much better shooter too. On the other hand, Paschall brings hustle and athleticism. Gay's IQ and discipline is much higher but he looks a tad slow. Just sayin he seems expendable, given the type of players we are pursuing.
Yeh, it;s a tough choice because Paschall has been pretty good. Just wish he provided a bit more complete D.

Looking like this is gonna be a lame deadline, guys. It sounds like we went shopping with Joe’s contract and second round picks and unsurprisingly didn’t turn up much.

Doesn’t sound like we actively marketed Bogey and Clarkson, which, IMO, is a mistake.

Looking like this is gonna be a lame deadline, guys. It sounds like we went shopping with Joe’s contract and second round picks and unsurprisingly didn’t turn up much.

Doesn’t sound like we actively marketed Bogey and Clarkson, which, IMO, is a mistake.

Not sure what you're referring to. Around the league, the Jazz have been linked to Harrison Barnes and Josh Richardson.

Jazz wouldn't dare trade Donovan's best friend and from recent reports it sounds like they're reluctant to give up a first round pick as well.
I wouldn't trade Royce regardless of his friendship with Don.

We need more guys like Royce not less. He's playing too many minutes right now and being asked to do too much, but we need him.

That's fair. He is a much better shooter too. On the other hand, Paschall brings hustle and athleticism. Gay's IQ and discipline is much higher but he looks a tad slow. Just sayin he seems expendable, given the type of players we are pursuing.
paschall is fun to watch. we play faster with him on the court

Not sure what you're referring to. Around the league, the Jazz have been linked to Harrison Barnes and Josh Richardson.
The two NBA insider guests on Spence Checketts’ show yesterday threw cold water on the idea the Jazz would do anything major. One mentioned trading Ingles and 2nd Rounders for Thad Young (why the hell would we send two second rounders for a guy that isn’t even playing when Covington could have been had for basically free). Is that really where we’re at? I would actually prefer to stand pat than burn more assets for an aging bench guy. I really don’t want to see anyone older than 28 or so added to the roster unless we’re talking a real high end guy.

Then you’ve got TJ saying we’re reluctant to include a FRP in any deals and the FO isn’t willing to mortgage the future on this core.

Just a recent vibe that nothing major is happening and that we’re mostly shopping with Joe’s contract and second rounders.

What I don’t get is if the FO doesn’t believe in this core enough to win, then sell high on Bojan right now and convert him into a younger player and assets. Like Clarkson in the offseason, Bogey’s value will never be higher than now. But I just don’t think that’ll happen.

Sort of seems like we’re going to a “let ‘em fail” approach to justify a major pivot/teardown in the offseason.

Last edited:
The two NBA insider guests on Spence Checketts’ show yesterday threw cold water on the idea the Jazz would do anything major. One mentioned trading Ingles and 2nd Rounders for Thad Young (why the hell would we send two second rounders for a guy that isn’t even playing when Covington could have been had for basically free). Is that really where we’re at? I would actually prefer to stand pat than burn more assets for an aging bench guy. I really don’t want to see anyone older than 28 or so added to the roster unless we’re talking a real high end guy.

Then you’ve got TJ saying we’re reluctant to include a FRP in any deals and the FO isn’t willing to mortgage the future on this core.

Just a recent vibe that nothing major is happening and that we’re mostly shopping with Joe’s contract and second rounders.
I love our forward thinking...

What I don’t get is if the FO doesn’t believe in this core enough to win, then sell high on Bojan right now and convert him into a younger player and assets. Like Clarkson in the offseason, Bogey’s value will never be higher than now. But I just don’t think that’ll happen.

Sort of seems like we’re going to a “let ‘em fail” approach to justify a major pivot/teardown in the offseason.
If the offers ain’t that good for Grant or Barnes… why they gonna be any good for Bogey. Bogey’s actual on court value exceeds his trade value imo by a lot. He helps this year and next. Would not comp him to JC who is a hinderance to successful basketball on both sides of the court and we have many guys who can replace his skill set. We trade Bogey and we might have the worst set of wings in the league.

If the offers ain’t that good for Grant or Barnes… why they gonna be any good for Bogey. Bogey’s actual on court value exceeds his trade value imo by a lot. He helps this year and next. Would not comp him to JC who is a hinderance to successful basketball on both sides of the court and we have many guys who can replace his skill set. We trade Bogey and we might have the worst set of wings in the league.
That’s fair. I’m just saying this is probably the last chance to get a positive return on Bogey. If we don’t really believe in the core as TJ’s article suggested, shouldn’t we sell high?

In all honesty, the Thad Young trade idea pissed me the **** off. Why burn more assets for a meh old guy if you don’t believe in the core?

Last edited:
This is partly posturing. His value now is higher than it will be at the draft. They likely lose out on one first if they wait. If they can’t get two firsts then sure… go ahead and wait.
I dont think it is. They arent getting two first at all from anyone. Grant is extremely overrated. The dude has ZERO effect on the Pistons winning/losing games, so no rush for the Pistons to trade him. Just continue to let him get bloated numbers so people are fooled into overvaluing him.