What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Still holding out hope we can turn clarkson, ingles and our future 1st into Kenrich Williams and Maledon. Probably just a pipe dream.
Yeah, I’m itching to burn a first round pick and our only reliable bench offense for guys averaging a combined 10 points that Quin wouldn’t even play. That deal is highway robbery in favor of the Thunder.

The fact that we’ve even gotten to hearing reports about Eric Gordon suggests to me we are really striking out with the package of Ingles’ corpse, a second, and a bag of Lay’s original potato chips.

What about Ingles+remove pick protections+a second for Kenrich Williams.

I could live with that. That’s as close as the Thunder probably get to a first round pick for Kenny Hustle. We save money and get a playable young-ish rotation piece for a minor asset.

If we don't truly believe we are contenders, we have to make a deal. We lack depth and defense while being very old.

If CJ McCollum only got that return, I think Bojan, Conley and Clarkson will get much less if we wait until the summer.

The ball is in your court Ainge.
? Do you ever proofread any of your posts. You come off as some junky looking for your next fix. When I read your posts, this is what I hear.

LoPo: god damnit!!! We have Bogey, Conley and Clarkson, WTF aren’t we making anything happen, give it to me damnit!! At this point I’ll take anything!!!!!

? Do you ever proofread any of your posts. You come off as some junky looking for your next fix. When I read your posts, this is what I hear.

LoPo: god damnit!!! We have Bogey, Conley and Clarkson, WTF aren’t we making anything happen, give it to me damnit!! At this point I’ll take anything!!!!!
Are you actually satisfied with absolute underachieving job our front office has done to build around Rudy and Don?

****ing read that

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

The fact that we’ve even gotten to hearing reports about Eric Gordon suggests to me we are really striking out with the package of Ingles’ corpse, a second, and a bag of Lay’s original potato chips.

I could live with that. That’s as close as the Thunder probably get to a first round pick for Kenny Hustle. We save money and get a playable young-ish rotation piece for a minor asset.
So then I shouldn’t be getting excited at the prospect of getting Eric Gordon?

Nobody is on board with your tired-*** schtick. Stop taking L’s and take a seat instead.
My shtick is holding this lame *** FO accountable. Building around Rudy and Don like we have while cutting financial corners along the way has been a joke.

Nobody likes hearing from me because they know down deep that I'm right. We ****ed this up.

Been pushing that one for a while. If I was Danny I'd let them know I have to get a player in the deal for optics...

I don't have the full numbers but Ingles alone doesn't get us all the way out of the tax... we'd be like 3M-ish away. You'd have to find a move with JC, Royce, or Gay to get it done.

The last years of Don-Rudy area will be defined by money saving moves and not actually trying to win with them. We won't realize how good these guys are until it's broken up. Might takes decades to get back to this level.
Lolz... jazz don't make money moves... they are fully committed you internet clown... what do you even know... what nba team do you work for?

Eric Gordon for a first...I've maintained that the first might as well not exist to me because we won't be close to contention at that time this is our window. But if we give up the first for Gordon when we could have had Powell and Covington instead....and maybe even kept the first. What a horrible piece of business by the Jazz FO.

EG is a tough defender...but come on now. The blatant disregard for the defensive issues when they could not be more obvious is insane to me.

My shtick is holding this lame *** FO accountable. Building around Rudy and Don like we have while cutting financial corners along the way has been a joke.

Nobody likes hearing from me because they know down deep that I'm right. We ****ed this up.

I’m not doing the thing with you where you get dunked on for several pages in this thread for a third consecutive day. Just know that building around Don and Rudy was always and continues to be the 1000% correct decision.

We agree that they’ve ****ed up along the way.

We have so much shooting and so much offense.

I am not sure why we are so hesitant to cash some of that in for defense. Bogey and Clarkson both do nice things, but those nice things have proven not to help as us much in a playoff setting as maybe having another guy or two that can at least guard a chair.

Try something else, you know? I’d be totally fine with a Bogey/Barnes swap.

It seems we are thinking “if we trade, Bogey or Clarkson we might get worse” (which is totally true), when I think we should be thinking “if we don’t trade Bogey or Clarkson for some perimeter D, we’re probably gonna get torched by someone again in the Playoffs.”

It’s like we are scared about being worse then we are even when we know what we are is going to be weighed, measured, and found wanting again in the Playoffs.

I don’t get it.

Last edited:
I’m not doing the thing with you where you get dunked on for several pages in this thread for a third consecutive day. Just know that building around Don and Rudy was always and continues to be the 1000% correct decision.

We agree that they’ve ****ed up along the way.
I get dunked on when we both agree that we have ****ed up this build around Don and Rudy?

If we don't have assets, which we don't, how the hell can we now build around them?

Eric Gordon for a first...I've maintained that the first might as well not exist to me because we won't be close to contention at that time this is our window. But if we give up the first for Gordon when we could have had Powell and Covington instead....and maybe even kept the first. What a horrible piece of business by the Jazz FO.

EG is a tough defender...but come on now. The blatant disregard for the defensive issues when they could not be more obvious is insane to me.
Based on Locke's pod one perimeter defender is not enough so why bother. Just saving money is more important.

He's a good defender. Not amazing. He's a great fit. He's also slightly overpaid for age and injury history... so I'm not giving up a pick for him. Maybe a lotto protected future pick and JC... and the lotto protected pick stays lotto protected from 2026-2028 and doesn't convey if we are always in the lotto.

There is no deal that changes our destiny. Just try not to eff up too much of our future please.

Yeah, after double checking I'd say that's how I'm feeling about Gordon. If it was for JC straight up, sure, but no picks.

Honestly I'm not sure there are many of the rumored trade targets I'd give up a first for, except Grant.

The reason nobody likes hearing from you isn't because they disagree with you - it's because you keep shoving your opinion down everybody's throats the second the conversation starts to breathe.

Like, it hurts imagining how much better this thread could be if you were content with putting an opinion out there and being done with it, instead of feeling this bizarre impulse to spam it each time you feel people have forgotten about it.

We all know where you stand. Give other people a chance to discuss now.