What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Like a highlight reel of all the little things this team needs most badly.

I really liked Andy Larsen’s deal where we trade him for Doke and drop the protections on the pick we owe them.

The problem with Williams and House, though, is that it wouldn’t alter the top end of our roster. It’s hypothetical in the sense that we’d add those guys and have this expectation that Quin would add them to a rotation when he’s got his 9 other guys. He won’t unless his hand is forced.

The problem with Williams and House, though, is that it wouldn’t alter the top end of our roster. It’s hypothetical in the sense that we’d add those guys and have this expectation that Quin would add them to a rotation when he’s got his 9 other guys. He won’t unless his hand is forced.
I’d trade Clarkson for a corpse attached to matching salary (or ideally no one at all), so

I really liked Andy Larsen’s deal where we trade him for Doke and drop the protections on the pick we owe them.

I'd like to keep top-3 protections, but who knows if OKC would agree to that. The Jazz are always just a Gobert injury away from the play-in at best and lottery at worst.

This team needs new blood and a new DNA. Trade Gobert and the other weak links, ingles Bojan and co. Build around Mitchell get who he wants make him happy and we win
Rudy Gobert would be by far the best player available in the deadline conversation. No telling how much we could get from a team that really likes him.

His value is at an all time high right now. Long contract, decent age, dominating the defensive end, etc.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Everyone here realizes that Grant has pretty much said he wants to be the man on whatever team he’s on, right? I don’t see: a. how we have the assets to get him b. why they’d trade him or c. and this is a distant c, how that acquisition makes sense….though tbh, I think he could easily be convinced to be Don’s Robin.
I'm not sure the assets are there to get him, but I'd say give it a shot this year and half way through the next. He's got two years on his contract after this, if it doesn't work, trade him again. Maybe he changes his mind and likes it here.
Like 95% of the trades we're posting, it probably won't happen anyway.

Why have we given up on Covington? He is not a stopper but he has real impact on the floor and fits both the Rudy and the small-ball line-ups.

The talk on him got way out of hand. He isn't a great on-ball defender but he also isn't Ingles or Clarkson. And his positioning and feel on defense take away a lot of the options the opponents have before they start.

Why have we given up on Covington? He is not a stopper but he has real impact on the floor and fits both the Rudy and the small-ball line-ups.

The talk on him got way out of hand. He isn't a great on-ball defender but he also isn't Ingles or Clarkson. And his positioning and feel on defense take away a lot of the options the opponents have before they start.
He like Ingles is an expiring contract. I have the feeling that the front office plays three dimensional chess with itself and overthinks obvious moves at times tying themselves in knots.

I’m okay with Covington conditionally. Meaning that if he took over the starting spot and Royce moved to the bench and got around 24 mpg, and if the minutes otherwise would come from Ingles and Gay. If he’s effectively a Royce upgrade and Royce’s minutes are both reduced and cobbled from other older guys, then I think it’s a legitimate move. If Royce maintains the starting spot and keeps playing 30+, I’m really skeptical on that move being worth whatever asset we have to give up.

I’m okay with Covington conditionally. Meaning that if he took over the starting spot and Royce moved to the bench and got around 24 mpg, and if the minutes otherwise would come from Ingles and Gay. If he’s effectively a Royce upgrade and Royce’s minutes are both reduced and cobbled from other older guys, then I think it’s a legitimate move. If Royce maintains the starting spot and keeps playing 30+, I’m really skeptical on that move being worth whatever asset we have to give up.
I have the feeling Covington would just be Shaq II.

Sending an asset for Covington is a dog **** move. 0 upside, and we need to be smart with what assets we have left.

I definitely don't see Quin doing that with Royce...only way I could see that happening is if we got a major upgrade, like Grant or Barnes. I really don't think Covington is an upgrade over Royce at this stage of his career anyway.

Sending an asset for Covington is a dog **** move. 0 upside, and we need to be smart with what assets we have left.
I believe this goes down to most any move we could make, even if they’re not expiring like Covington. I wouldn’t give a first for him, but maybe a fake first like our pick 3-10 on the OKC one, or two seconds (that we don’t have) or Butler. But in the end it doesn’t matter because Quin’s got his rotation, so we’re organizing deck chairs on the Titanic.

I believe this goes down to most any move we could make, even if they’re not expiring like Covington. I wouldn’t give a first for him, but maybe a fake first like our pick 3-10 on the OKC one, or two seconds (that we don’t have) or Butler. But in the end it doesn’t matter because Quin’s got his rotation, so we’re organizing deck chairs on the Titanic.
If we are willing to give a first for a player, give it for Collins. Every report is saying that Atlanta just wants a 1st and a starter quality player for Collins.

Bojan and a future 1st for Collins

or

Find a way to manufacture a 1st using other players in other deals.

Collins is a maintain now move while also being an eye for the future move. Guys like him don't sign for us in free agency. Take a risk Ainge.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Jazz want someone who makes a difference to our starting and/or closing lineup. Kenrich Williams probably doesn't quite make it. I think the Jazz want Barnes or Grant. Covington or maybe Josh Richardson would then be a backup plan. I'd take Williams, but I'm not sure he's really our target.

Last edited: