What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Except you didn’t just upgrade Royce with Barnes. You weakened our bench, too, because Joe is gone in the deal.
You can stagger Bojan and Barnes, play them a few more minutes in the playoffs, and put Paschall in. I wouldn't worry too much.

That said, I'm not positive Barnes is the way to go, but if it's just for Ingles and O'Neale I'd probably pull the trigger. I'm not sure SAC would go for it.

So Zach Lowe mentioned us on his pod with Van Gundy with regard to Grant. The package was Joe, Butler and a pick… Joe could go to Cleveland or Boston or some other team for some additional expirings and some second round picks to maybe even the deal out. I think they should do better than that for Grant.

So maybe a three team deal with Cleveland getting Ingles, Detroit gets Sexton, Butler, and a pick. I don’t think Cleveland wants to pay Sexton and Detroit gets his restricted right???? IDK on any good deal you have to squint a little but sometimes weird deals happen.

I don’t think we can get Barnes. There is just a lot of smoke around an Ingles deal and Ainge may be the bad guy that stands up to Quin.
Did he say that's the deal that was basically agreed to? The one Quin nixed? If so, we should riot.

Did he say that's the deal that was basically agreed to? The one Quin nixed? If so, we should riot.
No not at all… he was spitballing potential Grant trades.

If I had to guess on Joe deals they are likely around guys that were traded… so I’m thinking like KCP, Kuzma, Richardson or those types. Maybe not though.

Regarding Lonzo, I'd be curious how much Chicago values him. Being second in their conference probably inflates that, though Lonzo's stats (on paper) aren't earth-shattering. I certainly had thoughts over the summer that Lonzo may be one of those guys who gives us enough in what we lack that what we lose in absolute talent and experience from Conley is compensated for. Purely on paper, Conley is too much to give to get back Lonzo and conversely giving up something like Clarkson and assets is too little. Theoretically you could do Conley to Philly, Simmons to Chicago, Lonzo to Utah. But I'd wonder if there's any package out there that could land you Lonzo without giving up Mike. If Lonzo were magically inserted into Clarkson's spot, that would give us quite a bit, and I'd say enough to put us over the top.
There is no one short of a package including Donovan they'd accept for Lonzo, they have been so surprising after being bad for so long that it would have to be a godfather offer. They're gunning for the conference finals at bare minimum and he's a huge part of their success. I'm honestly not sure they'd do Lonzo for Simmons, and id guess Conley isn't enough for Philly. I'm not even sure Conley and JC would be enough since Morey is insane.

If we could get him otherwise, I'd pack Conley and or JC's bags myself, he is 100% the best fit next to Don there could be, think Rubio but without the shooting flaws. But I think it's more likely that Scarlett Johansson finally responds to my texts than it is that he becomes available to anyone this year, sadly.

Last edited:

If I had to guess on Joe deals they are likely around guys that were traded… so I’m thinking like KCP, Kuzma, Richardson or those types. Maybe not though.
oh okay, that makes way more sense, Detroit could get a better return

I remember there was a rumored deal for Moody and Paschall. I'm not sure if Moody was really included, but it does seem likely we were interested in Paschall since we ended up trading for him anyway.

There was a lot of smoke around GS trying to acquire Ingles in the offseason. I believe the rumor was Ingles for Moses Moody

You can stagger Bojan and Barnes, play them a few more minutes in the playoffs, and put Paschall in. I wouldn't worry too much.

That said, I'm not positive Barnes is the way to go, but if it's just for Ingles and O'Neale I'd probably pull the trigger. I'm not sure SAC would go for it.
SAC wouldn’t. And Detroit would lol in Ainges face if this was the offer for Grant. That’s why I said these proposed deals need to get wild and involve three or four teams. And we’ll be sending picks, too.

There is no one short of a package including Donovan they'd accept for Lonzo, they have been so surprising after being bad for so long that it would have to be a godfather offer. They're gunning for the conference finals at bare minimum and he's a huge part of their success. I'm honestly not sure they'd do Lonzo for Simmons, and id guess Conley isn't enough for Philly. I'm not even sure Conley and JC would be enough since Morey is insane.

If we could get him otherwise, I'd pack Conley and or JC's bags myself, he is 100% the best fit next to Don there could be, think Rubio but without the shooting flaws. But I think it's more likely that Scarlett Johansson finally responds to my texts than it is that he becomes available to anyone this year, sadly.
You're ignoring the restraining order? Bold.

Here’s the 6D chess move for Ainge and Ingles. Ainge’s son still works as an assistant GM or some other similar title in the Boston FO. If Ingles is traded to a team that buys him out, all Boston would need to do is sign Joe to a 10-day and then let him go at the end of it. Then he’s eligible to sign back with us.

Here’s the 6D chess move for Ainge and Ingles. Ainge’s son still works as an assistant GM or some other similar title in the Boston FO. If Ingles is traded to a team that buys him out, all Boston would need to do is sign Joe to a 10-day and then let him go at the end of it. Then he’s eligible to sign back with us.
Here’s the tl;dr version: