What's new

Trade deadline discussion

I don’t think Smart for Bojan is trading high though… it’s fair but I don’t expect Bojan to drop off at all. Could he get hurt? Sure… any player can get hurt. Smart has struggled more with injuries and that contract carries significant risk. I’d want more in a bogey for smart swap… they have to help us move JC and his deal or give us something that we can use to partially fill the hole Bogey would leave.

I just don’t know about this one.
I say trading high because trading Bojan next summer is trading an expiring contract.

I don't think he really declines any, but his value in relation to contract does go down if we wait until the summer or next deadline

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

If the Jazz can get Smart for Clarkson then how do we get a Jerami Grant, Christian Wood, John Collins player without giving up bogey? Is that even possible? I feel like Smart for Clarkson is a huge step in the right direction but we still need a player like the aforementioned.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
Conley

What exactly do you think we can get for him that’s more valuable to the team? I’m confused?
Sorry if I was confusing.

I was saying that Bojan has a ton of value right now. He's shooting well and he's on a strong contract. He's a great 3rd scoring option and floor spreader.

Smart doesn't come in with that sort of value. His fit is in question and his contract might not be considered fantastic.

If we do this trade, we should expect more from Boston.

If the Jazz can get Smart for Clarkson then how do we get a Jerami Grant, Christian Wood, John Collins player without giving up bogey? Is that even possible? I feel like Smart for Clarkson is a huge step in the right direction but we still need a player like the aforementioned.

i don't think we'd need to at that point, Smart would improve the situation that much. Integrating two starter level players right before the playoffs would be really rough as well

Joe, Royce and multiple picks. I don't think you'd get John Collins normally, but that might work for Wood or Barnes if the picks are good enough. Keep in mind Sacramento and Houston are primarily interested in draft capital for their vets.

Sorry if I was confusing.

I was saying that Bojan has a ton of value right now. He's shooting well and he's on a strong contract. He's a great 3rd scoring option and floor spreader.

Smart doesn't come in with that sort of value. His fit is in question and his contract might not be considered fantastic.

If we do this trade, we should expect more from Boston.

I’m sorry but if you think trading Bogey for smart and another player is a good idea, unless that player is Brown, and that obviously isn’t happening the team is much worse.

Yes, Bogy is probably coveted by most teams, we aren’t getting fair value, oh, and he’s a #2 scorer, he sure as hell looks like one. The right answer is you don’t trade Bogey unless a team is desperate to unload a player we want for bogey

So Daryl Morey gave an interview where he said he'd take a top 40 player for Ben Simmons. Technically, Mike Conley is a top-40 player.

I wonder how the Jazz feel about Simmons these days.

Joe, Royce and multiple picks. I don't think you'd get John Collins normally, but that might work for Wood or Barnes if the picks are good enough. Keep in mind Sacramento and Houston are primarily interested in draft capital for their vets.
Let’s just stop with the Collins talk. 1. We don’t have the assets for him. 2. He’s what I call fake gold. Nice and shiny, looks valuable but dime a dozen IMO. He doesn’t play defense or any form of winning basketball

I'd take PJ Washington over all these guys. Not a better player necessarily, but he's a buy low that we can certainly afford. To get Wood, Barnes or Collins, we have to overpay which may result in us going backwards.

Him from last night

Last edited:
The trick with trading Bogey is that if you’re the one trading him it’s usually to pick up assets and set up for the future meaning you are worse in the now, the team trading for him is trying to bolster the team in talent, so they aren’t giving you back anything that will help in the now. Jazz aren’t sellers. I just don’t see that happening unless they go on some crazy cold streak between now and the deadline