What's new

Trade deadline discussion

I know this isn’t originally his idea, but Andy should have a FO job.

It’s Kenrich Williams and Sterling Brown.

I would absolutely love to have Marcus Smart, but if we trade Bogey for him then Danny Ainge is an idiot.
It's a terrible idea. By default, one of Clarkson or Conley would have to go as well, there would be too many guards and not enough forwards.
It would have to be two trades. Bogey is too important. Man, this is such a bad idea. Bogey doesn't even really fit what Boston needs that well.

It's a terrible idea. By default, one of Clarkson or Conley would have to go as well, there would be too many guards and not enough forwards.
It would have to be two trades. Bogey is too important. Man, this is such a bad idea. Bogey doesn't even really fit what Boston needs that well.

If they are trading bogey for smart than I don’t see an improvement just a logjam. Not very smart…..no pun intended. It needs to be JC for Smart.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I doubt the Jazz would trade Bogey for Smart, unless they had another deal in parallel that brings back Harrison Barnes or Jerami Grant. The Jazz aren't trying to get smaller or reduce their league-leading offense.

If the Jazz did send out Bogey for Smart, then whatever draft capital they bring back would need to factor into a trade for a big wing.

Yeah, I think trading Bogey would be dumb unless you're getting a defensive minded starting caliber forward back.

The whole idea of trading Clarkson is that we dont even have to get a positive offensive or defensive player back to get better, just get someone who isnt a huge negative on either end.

I'm going to pretend this metric is the truth, even though I'm not sure how it is calculated since it feeds in to my following opinions:

- Royce is good at defending wings, but not as good at defending guards
- Marcus Smart can guard wings despite his size
- FO missed out on Herb Jones
If we had drafted Herb Jones, we might not be rushed to do anything right now. We could make a minor move on the fringes to add another perimeter defender, but that's about it. Huge miss passing on him.

But back to our current situation, we have to get Smart. Perimeter defense is such an issue right now that we must address it with a guy like Smart. Hopefully, we can get the deal done with Clarkson.

If we had drafted Herb Jones, we might not be rushed to do anything right now. We could make a minor move on the fringes to add another perimeter defender, but that's about it. Huge miss passing on him.

But back to our current situation, we have to get Smart. Perimeter defense is such an issue right now that we must address it with a guy like Smart. Hopefully, we can get the deal done with Clarkson.
Who would Quin play him over?

Jazz wanted a backup PG to give Conley rest
That's what they were targeting in the draft
They had no interest in any other position

If we had drafted herb Jones we'd be wondering why he isn't playing and lamenting his continual assignments to the G league.

Jazz wanted a backup PG to give Conley rest
That's what they were targeting in the draft
They had no interest in any other position
Yep. So we wasted a pick so Forrest could get all the backup PT.

If we had drafted herb Jones we'd be wondering why he isn't playing and lamenting his continual assignments to the G league.
That's possible, but I think his leadership qualities and skills would have led to him having a bigger role than that.

If Donovan and Conley both publicly commented on how good Herb is after playing against him, I'm sure they would have pushed for him to play with them.

That's possible, but I think his leadership qualities and skills would have led to him having a bigger role than that.

If Donovan and Conley both publicly commented on how good Herb is after playing against him, I'm sure they would have pushed for him to play with them.
Yeah but key was "after playing against him". They wouldn't have that chance here, and he would have been languishing in the G League most of the time, so we wouldn't know what we had until he was let go and went elsewhere.