Utah 202# 2nd round pick

Detroit Out:
Jerami Grant To Utah

Detroit In:
Jordan Clarkson
Udoka
Utah’s 2026 unprotected 1st round
Boston’s 2022 lotto protected first round
Even if we went out before the conference finals this year after that trade, I think you’d go into next year with a lot more confidence and it would hurt less this year knowing you took a good chance and it will be even better next year. I’d rather fail to chemistry from a new trade than to internal chemistry and lack of athleticism. It’d be a much cooler and more respectable way to go out IMO. No one could say we ain’t tough or willing to swing for the fences. Also, our defense and offense could still be dope.

Honestly, I think the Jazz should go all in for a guy like Sabonis or Brogdon, if those guys are really available. We need someone who raises the ceiling.

If the Jazz get Covington, I think he'll just be another rotational guy.

Brogdon is big enough to play on the wing, btw. He's practically the same size as Royce. So if the Jazz like multiple creators on the floor, he'd fit right in.

I'm not sure we have the assets to get someone like Sabonis or Brogdon. Players like Covington are a lot more realistic.

Ill post some post mid season stats here.

Iso: Conley is our best iso player this year, he shoots the best and gets to the FT line the most, he also almost never turns it over. He rates as one of the best in the NBA. Mitchell gets the most and is okay, he shoots pretty well and gets to the line. Bogey and Clarkson suck. Bogey only gets less than 1 a game so its hard to say but his %'s are really bad. Clarkson shoots okay but turns it over 15% of the time, which is god awful. No one else qualifies.

Pick and roll ball handler: Everyone is actually pretty solid here on our team that qualifies, except Clarkson and Ingles. Gay and Bojan are at the top but dont get many in a game. Ingles is about his normal shooting, which is good but turning it over way way more than usual. Mitchell and Conley are pretty good here.

Postups: Bojan and Gay are both pretty good here. Hassan isnt great, which is a little surprising this year. Gobert has not been good this year, although he gets fouled a lot here which is pretty much every mismatch purposely fouls him if he is too deep. Bojan on a mismatch postup is probably one of our best plays.

Defensive opponent defended FG%: Rudy is elite, he defends the most shots in the NBA and has an elite number. He is the best defender in the NBA of course. Oneil defends the 2nd most although not at a good %, which makes sense since he is our most active defender next to Gobert. Next is Whiteside and then Conley. By the best FG% allowed its Butler, Forrest, Gobert, Conley. By these Stats Conley, Gobert, and Oneil are good defenders in our main rotation and Forrest and Butler are showing a lot of promise. Mitchell, Bojan and Clarkson are terrible. House and Hughes are not good so far in limited action. Inlgles is in the middle.

To me its obvious that the first trade should be Clarkson if we can get something for him. Unless you think he is just in a slump this season and will be good later. Conley is great all around. Mitchell is great on offense. Gobert is great on defense. Bojan is great on offense. Ingles is pretty meh this year and could also be a trade target. No idea if he will turn it around later, how important he is to the locker room, or if he has any trade value. Other than that everyone could be traded if it gets us a better player or similar player that is a better fit.

Lets trade Mitchell, Royce, and Clarkson for Kawhi, Morris, and Mann. The salaries work just fine. Conley, Mann, Kawhi, Morris, Gobert with Bogey as the 6th man. This is a really deep team. Our defense is elite and our offense is still elite. If healthy I think this wins it all no problem. They get a younger star, we go all in with an old team.

instead of trading why not just elevate some of our reserves? we saw guys today that they can play and can defend. this maybe tough on quin as shaving minutes might hurt some vets ego

Dinwiddie might be on the trade block. Lets trade Clarkson and Hughes mostly for salary for Dinwiddie. They shoot about the same percentages, except Dinwiddie takes less shots. He is an upgrade at defense and passing. Maybe add in Ingles and Kuzma for all the Utah homers here and/or try to get Rui as well. Give up Clarkson, Ingles, Royce and bring in Dinwiddie, Kuzma, Rui. I guess we might have to throw in a 2nd round pick... haha.

You can't win this bogey or ingles. You can't make up for Clarkson's offense. Yes I know he's hot or cold but we live and die by his production. Only Mitchell and Clarkson can create their own offense and get off their own shot. Bogey and ingles are gonna be traded not Clarkson.

That’s the problem right there my man! We should not be living and dying based on the production of the 6-7 man. If we are gonna be living and dying based on the production of a single player than it should be the star of the team. This team has not been playing team ball for awhile and I hate to say it cause I’m a huge JC fan and was really happy for what he replaced in Exum here in Utah, but it’s been since Clarkson established himself here in Utah that this hero ball **** started. I love players that can create for themselves but we went through this already once with burkes.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Last edited:
Bringing back the 2nd comment on this thread due to the RoCo rumor:

Bad idea, especially if an unprotected 1st is involved. He doesn't bring much that Gay, O'Neale, and Paschall don't, except height. Maybe an extra steal or two.
Trading Ingles for him maybe could work; trading Clarkson for him, possibly worth it? But Bogie? Terrible. TERRIBLE.
I'm not even sure I'd trade Bogey for Marcus Smart and I'm stanning for Smart hard. Covington is a solid, solid tier below Smart in capability.

I swear, the Jazz better not overpay for this guy like Portland did. Maybe it wouldn't be a disaster, but it will definitely not be looked at as a steal.
Barring a third team getting involved and bringing in someone that's exactly what the Jazz need, I really think Roco should be avoided.

I don’t think Roco does anything for the Jazz at this point in his career. I’d rather keep who we have or trade for someone else.

instead of trading why not just elevate some of our reserves? we saw guys today that they can play and can defend. this maybe tough on quin as shaving minutes might hurt some vets ego

Which is why we should package together two or three quarters and attach the little draft capital we have to them and try to get a shiny 50 cent piece. Then we can shift players that are deserving of minutes like Paschall and House into those opened minutes.

Dinwiddie might be on the trade block. Lets trade Clarkson and Hughes mostly for salary for Dinwiddie. They shoot about the same percentages, except Dinwiddie takes less shots. He is an upgrade at defense and passing. Maybe add in Ingles and Kuzma for all the Utah homers here and/or try to get Rui as well. Give up Clarkson, Ingles, Royce and bring in Dinwiddie, Kuzma, Rui. I guess we might have to throw in a 2nd round pick... haha.

The wizards have some intriguing young players on their team if the Jazz are trying to take a step back in time and regroup.

We need Marcus Smart. I don't know who we trade, or how we do it, but I think we need him and everything he brings to the table.

We need him to guard those pesky perimeter athletic guys, push Don to be a better defender, and be our "tough guy".

We shouldn't be talking about bandaid guys like Roco. We need a guy who will actually shake the culture a bit.

We need Marcus Smart. I don't know who we trade, or how we do it, but I think we need him and everything he brings to the table.

We need him to guard those pesky perimeter athletic guys, push Don to be a better defender, and be our "tough guy".

We shouldn't be talking about bandaid guys like Roco. We need a guy who will actually shake the culture a bit.

Smart would be to Mitchell what Snow was to Iverson.

The two would be like Yin and Yang.

So today is the day we’re supposed to trade for Marcus Smart. The rumor stated that we were hearing offers until 1/25 and then pulling the trigger, right?

Guess we should all be preparing to welcome Marcus Smart today, right?

And on RoCo, if we can do like Joe and filler, then whatever. But I wouldn’t be crazy about it. Would much rather just expand the Celtics trade and snag Richardson and Smart, and then sign House to a minimum. Would be big defense, athleticism, and versatility upgrades.

Last edited:
If we could somehow send out Clarkson and (?) and get Smart and Richardson that would be a solid win for us. Of course it is the (?) that is the rub.

So today is the day we’re supposed to trade for Marcus Smart. The rumor stated that we were hearing offers until 1/25 and then pulling the trigger, right?

Guess we should all be preparing to welcome Marcus Smart today, right?

And on RoCo, if we can do like Joe and filler, then whatever. But I wouldn’t be crazy about it. Would much rather just expand the Celtics trade and snag Josh Richardson and Smart.
I would be so sad to trade Joe for Covington. I think that would be an insult to what Joe has meant to us. Covington isn't having a good season and he's also an expiring. It would really be deflating.

let's say we got smart for jc and pair him with Dm, how does the rotation go? smart comes from the bench? does he play closing minutes ? who's minutes will be shaved?

let's say we got smart for jc and pair him with Dm, how does the rotation go? smart comes from the bench? does he play closing minutes ? who's minutes will be shaved?
Start Smart instead of Royce.
Bring in Royce for Conley at the 8 minute mark.
Bring in Conley for Don at the 4 minute mark.
Stagger Don and Conley so that one of them is on the floor at all times.